DeathscytheX

Battlefield 1

That TTK! That Mortar! Sticky mines for support, tripwires for scout, revive icons for medic! HYPE TRAIN!! 

Now this is my type of map. Too bad he stays in that stationary mg for the last half of the video. EDIT: Welp, it was taken down. It was footage of the Amiens map, which had a lot of great corridors similar to Grand Bazaar. 

EDIT 2: Matimi0 posted a video of it, along with that beastly SMG ive been excited about and the semi-auto shotgun.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

The second video got removed by EA before I got a chance to see it. That BAR looks beastly. That city map looks so damn refreshing. I love vehicles in Battlefield games but getting destroyed by light tanks the entire beta made me pass on watching all BF1 videos with desert scenes over the last 2-3 weeks. This city map reminds me alot of BF4's Pearl Market map. Good times.

That hellfighter trench shotgun looks beastly. I can't tell if its a new shotgun or just a skin of another. Same with the early enlister weapons. I think those are all re-skins of existing weapons but buying that version is like buying an early unlock for those weapons. Ehh.. I think I'll go with the regular version of the game and play GW2 halloween activities while waiting for BF1 to open up for me on that friday.

Edited by Sledgstone
Damn that shotgun

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

The gold skin thing is getting kind of old since it's in about every game now. That white skin matimi0 has is slick though.

Those slugs look as deadly as they were in BC2. It also looks like they sped up the throw animation for tank nades which is much needed. 

It was either Jackfrags or LevelCap that complained about Fao Fortress, but honestly it looks like it has more cover than Sinai Desert. I have no issue with open maps as long as the terrain gives you some coverage. Sinai Desert is completely flat, the only sand dunes available are on the way to E... a part of the map that no one really plays. I'm liking the bunker/trenches I'm seeing a long with hills and other varieties in elevations. This will make it harder to snipe and give less incentive to play cliffside scout. The mortar is going to be a nice hard counter as well. Its also good that there are anti-vehicle options for the mortar. Support will be a light counter to tanks giving it a bigger role. Of course you could piss people off running mortar and limpet mine instead of ammo box. XD If you run the BAR you def could play support like a heavy assault. I see myself swapping up my support build pending on the map. For assault I see myself running the HELLRIEGEL 1915 with AT mines and AT Rocket Gun. The Selbstlader was my favorite medic gun, but I'll def be looking forward to trying more before I decide which one is my favorite. Scout the Gewher seems to be a no brainer, but that single shot rifle looks like it does nasty damage... and I'm looking forward to the shotgun pistol.

I hope they don't nerf the mortar like they did in bf4. Last time I tried that mortar it doesn't spawn with any ammo and it regenerates rounds about once a minute. I think ppl were spawning with it and UCAV, killing 5 ppl, suicide and respawn to instant reload and repeat. Now UCAV takes a solid 90 seconds to give you a single shot and mortar takes so long to build up ammo you have to drop it somewhere, go ptfo, hopefully not die by the time you have ammo to actually use and then get to a safe spot to use it.

If bf1's mortar spawns with full ammo I bet it'll be nerfed once entire squads run it and bombard an entire team's spawn point to death.

They probably will unless they have more bunkered objectives. I can see it being a popular tactic just to mortar the hell out of objectives on Rush and Operations. Unless you appear on the minimap every time you shoot, its going to be OP.

Rage quitters not getting battlepacks is excellent. I think dice is going to keep operations on its official server to keep the continuity of it together. Otherwise custom servers will have 3 random maps that dont go together,  max tickets, and it will end up being a 5-6 hour match. XD

Korlibri only servers incoming! XDXDXD

The most unrealistic thing about this gun is the equipping animation. For comparison, I think everyone can throw a stick of gum from their left hand to the right and catch it. But how about catching it with only a single finger and a thumb while running. I don't think so. XD

Day 1 assignment: "Get 100 kills with the Korlibri to unlock BAR extended mag"

People will go insane with rage trying to get it done. XD

I know I'll like that gun. Back in BF3 I used the M98B with no scope for tdm matches and had a great time. I swear the aim assist would screw with me tho by favoring bodies and would pull my shots down denying me a head shot. There were a couple times in the bf1 beta that robbed me of a couple kills for the same thing but with sweet spots giving kills with 1 hit to the body it could work out quite nicely.

I deleted my rage status, and I'll put it here. Once again Sony and EA fuck up and the game didn't release until 3am ET. Apparently the timer has been 3 hours off the whole time and when people asked about it, they were told it would fix itself. It didn't,  and a shitstorm ensued on the forums. 

Anyways, I stayed up to get one match in. All I can say is that Operations is amazing. Its clearly designed to kill off rush. Even if rush was 64 players, this mode is superior. I think they've gimped rush intentionally for this reason. That is kinda lame because the mode speaks for itself. 

I wish I could make gas mask a totally different button. That shit is still happening because of the ps4's piss poor d-pad. I got off a good 15-20 revives as medic in my first match and I was revived a bunch myself. The automatic icons makes a world of difference. Medic is super powerful and can instantly revive multiples in seconds. I kept my whole front line alive and it was amazing and intense. 

I played on the Mt Grappa map, and it was outstanding. I can't wait to try out more. I'll stick with operations now. The cool part about it is that you can pick the operation you want to play, the downside is if you like a certain operation that's not popular overall, it will be hard to matchmake for it when the game gets old. The match lasted around 30 minutes. 

I'm really surprised the entire PSN network didn't go down with a DDOS attack. I bet that'll happen friday instead. -_-; That gas mask will aggravate the hell out of me. I'll have to run gas grenades all the time to justify my accidental usage of a gas mask. I pre ordered the game off amazon last night to save about $10 with my premium discount, but it says I wont get the game until 10/26/2016. I'm assuming thats not right and I'll have it by friday.

The servers are working great. No BF4 repeat.  Got a few operations in before work. St Quentin Scar should have been used for the beta. Sinai is def the worst map in the game. I'm loving the bulldog revolver. It's a beast, 2 chest hits for a kill. The reload is very long to compensate for how powerful it is. There is no fast loader, you have to load each bullet in the cylinder. 

I played about 6 rounds of conquest and lost every single one of them lopsidedly. I hope it was because the server I loaded into. I don't know why I didn't bother to switch because I didn't make much progress. I'll give it another shot later, but operations is more enjoyable to me.  

I played through the tank campaign and I'm pleasantly surprised. That section alone is the best story telling DICE has done since Bad Company 2. Bravo. I hope the rest of it is that awesome. I like that it has a lot of multiplayer mechanics within the missions. At one point I had to face an onslaught of 12 tanks along with annoying infantry throwing  nades to stop my self repair. It was super intense as I got down to single digit health multiple times. Thankfully the landship you use is a super OP varient that had a wider range of firing all from one seat. There was a lot of outside the tank parts too where you could stealth if you so desired. I doubt I'll ever try this on hard, I know I'd rage. 

I really liked the tank mission on BF4's campaign. But it was an OP variant too. The jet mission in BF4 was good but made me not like jets as much in the multiplayer because a good chunk of that mission was in a second jet seat for bombing runs which didn't exist in the multiplayer. That mission is what made me want 2 seater planes in the multiplayer but it never happened until BF1. I bought the digital version on PSN, I'll set it to pre-load later tonight so I can jump into the action on friday.

I'm a squad wipe machine today. 

No optic sniping is pretty fun. I got the BAR and its a beast, I'd rather have a slower rate of fire with its mag size though. Its def the best LMG so far. No one has really talked about the end game LMG so I'll reserve judgement until I get that one day. The Trench gun sucks. I feel like it got nerfed from the beta. Assault is going to be hard to level up on this game, and I'm pretty sure the AT Rocket Gun was nerfed damage wise. I don't know if this is because tank armor was nerfed, but I'm not really enjoying it like I was in the beta. The main thing is that unless you're support with a big mag LMG, you aren't ever going to get more than 2 people when you run into a group. While that sounds bad, it really works in favor of the other 3 classes that have smaller mags that burn faster. If SMGs had BF4 stats, Medic would be toast. You can't go burn a group of 4 with an SMG anymore, your mag will run out before it does. Unless you get lucky with your pistol, you wont take out more than 3.

Gas grenades are the best grenade in the game. Not necessarily because they're death machines, but you can rack up a lot of XP with them. I've managed to get post mordem double kill with one, but thats really shitty players. You could easily finish someone off with low health that accidentally ran into it, but I watched the hit points go up until both of them died. And that's basically how you can just pile up the points with them. Throw it into a room and get a ton of points just off the damage. Even everyone gets on their gas mask, you're still going to get a hit credit, and if its a room full of them, that's a nice chunk of change to accumulate.

Right now I'd say Amiens, Ballroom Blitz, and St Quentin's Scar are my favorite maps. I've played Sinai once and it wasn't as bad as the beta. Now that there are tons of weapons to play with, and 4 classes that need leveling up, sniper's ridge was pretty bare.  I prefer Operations over Conquest. Maybe it will change when everyone gets it friday, but I've been on nothing but bad teams that can't even hold the home flag. I've only lost one operations match, but honestly that's got little to do with it, because when I'm on defense, I secretly hope we lose so we can fall back to the next map. XD I wish Operations had a random playlist, I've noticed the desert one is def the least popular, I joined it today and it took a bit to fill up, while the other 4 operations filled super fast. When you're on attack and you capture a sector, you hear a trench whistle blow constantly and everyone around you screaming as you run forward, its fucking spectacular. I have to hand it to DICE, they made a new game mode that i just can't praise enough.

The cinematic of the whole game is just crazy. Running into a trench with shells exploding above you, nades and bombs blowing up around you with the ground shaking, dust floating, and vision disoriented is so intense. There are tunnels in Monte Grappa where all the hanging lights wobble and sway from the explosions up above.

My only gripe is that this game has taken away the only troll I have left since there are no choppers and RPGs... the capture radius for flags are massive, so C4ing the flags no longer is an option. I hope assault gets more gadgets in the future, because its def the most lacking class in the game with only 3 guns (not counting shotguns) and 3 gadgets.

Great kills there. What melee weapon was that!? It was so quick it looked like you were shiving the guy repeatedly. So many squad wipes. O_O I read a little while ago on vg247 that might explain it tho. Its an issue me and my brother ran into during the beta that never got fixed. When you join a friend in a game it locks the squad so a bunch of people are running with 2 or 3 man squads so squad wipes should be happening alot more frequently. I remember it was annoying because we would have to exit the squad to get into a full one. I don't know why its set to lock the squad like this, I don't know anyone that would want less spawn choices.

http://www.vg247.com/2016/10/19/battlefield-1-this-is-why-youre-seeing-too-many-locked-squads/

That SMLE action was awesome. :D

Have you run into any ace pilots picking off infantry left and right?

Not really, the planes are mostly for taking down behemoths... bombers can get lucky, but as far as strafing runs, its not happening right now. planes are too slow and can't pull up fast enough to do a nice dive run. This game is heavy infantry. Tanks don't play that big of a role other than point cappers on most of the maps. I think the kit leveling has prevented a lot of tank use as well. You only get to level up the tanker operator unless you steal one as the class you want to level or are a secondary gunner. Everyone is trying to level up their classes for better guns and tools.

There are a lot of locked squads. I've created my own a few times. I've starting liking the squad leader role. Ive had a lot of squads where the leader doesn't give any orders. Its as easy as looking at something thats getting capped and spotting it. Free XP for doing nothing if you aren't near it.

I'm using the normal knife that you start out with. You get the Knife, Shovel, and Club to start out with. The knife has the fastest attack and kill animation, so I've been using it mostly, I have the club on my support class just because its my favorite take down animation. I'm glad they got rid of the melee counter, it was a neat idea, but a fail in the end. Even COD did away with one hit kill melee which is stupid. I'm glad its back in battlefield. Its a life saver when you're out of ammo in both weapons. Reloading can be a chore with how action packed these encounters can get. I've never pistol swapped so much in an FPS, but its a blast.

That melee counter was fun at first but it ruined meleeing for me in BF4. I got used to not meleeing someone in anticipation of doing the counter to kill them instead. Once I played the BF1 beta I didn't have that reaction so it felt much smoother. I haven't deleted BF4 off my PS4 yet so I can try and match my settings from it. How long did it take to get the mortar unlocked? Or was it unlocked by default?

I got a couple rounds of operations in with DX earlier and that game mode is definitely better than rush. If rush still has those annoying ass bell/whistle sounds from the beta I doubt I'll ever play it when I have this as an option. The default scout rifle is incredibly accurate and sniping has never been easier. I think the bullet drop might have been tweaked a bit because fall off does seem to happen faster imo. Still absolutely nothing like BF4 or BF3's bullet drop, so it'll take a while to get used to. I did get back on to play a round of operations with my brother after watching an episode of z-nation and played mostly support. That default machine gun is decent but the mortar is the real damage dealer. I got a good chunk of mortar kills and I love the reload rate on it, but I bet it'll be nerfed since its easy to just sit back and endless spam them. I took a couple clips tonight and I'll make a quick video in the morning to upload. The medic class is amazing now with revives. I don't know how many times I revived others or have been revived but they completely fixed the revive aspect of this game from the beta. Its a night and day difference. Theres no cool down on the revive needle and I know I revived 5 people in less than a minute. Since they all revive at full health, a few good medics on a team can easily make a huge difference.. and that DMR is great but feels a bit lacking at medium range for me. The default assault gun lost alot of its stopping power, the anti tank grenades are vital to taking out tanks but unless I see armor on the field I'm not feeling the urge to play the class. Maybe a new assault rifle will change my opinion on it.

I sucked horribly in the behemoth / zeppelin / airship. I first got in the tail gun which has almost no line of sight to the ground, and its only powerful against aircraft if the aircraft is a short distance away. I got onto one of the side guns and I had some aiming issues. Because the airship is so much lower to the ground than the AC 130 from BF4, enemies on the ground can easily cover some distance and get out of your targetable area.. of course the other guns can then take them out, but I was often left with nothing to actually shoot at. For that I blame the guy that drove the airship. He literally kept parking it directly above the flags and then rotated which only benefits the bomber seats because nobody else could stay focused on any choke points.