DeathscytheX

Battlefield 1

As much as I hate to be the pessimist in the room, watch the BAR be the worst MG in the game. I just had to say it but it's probably the one weapon I'm looking forward to most in this game (outside of that semi-auto shotgun). Sadly I'll have to pull myself away from Medic if I ever want to use it (and that's going to be hard to do, I absolutely love the Medic class's weapons).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Mmmm. I think they'll do it justice. That top loaded MG is really accurate compared to the Lewis and the sideways clip strip one. It's going to have a disadvantage in mag size just the same. The two guns DICE knows they can't mess up are the BAR and when the Mosin arrives with the Russians in the DLC. I'll be using support more on medium medium maps.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Oh I'm sure they will but someone had to say it. Mag size I don't really see being a problem as long as the weapon is accurate (I hope they treat it differently based on it's mag size, firing it longer to get better accuracy is going to hurt big time with it. Then again maybe we'll get versions with bigger mag sizes (I know there was a 40 round mag for it but it was used exclusively in an anti-air roll and was discontinued in 1927 (it might show up in the game but I doubt it)) to balance it out) since support pretty much has infinite ammo.

If the Mosin gets fucked up people will be up in arms considering how much love that gun gets.

I might pull support out more in the actual game since the BAR is going to be in the game but I honestly was far from impressed with it in the beta. Support just seemed to be a lot weaker then it should be. I get a lot of it had to do with us not having access to all of it's gadgets but those changes to the MG's were a major game changer (I mean I go full Rambo all the time in BF4 with Support but those LMG's are a lot more accurate then the guns we're playing with now). Plus it's hard to give up that awesome range Medic has with it's DMR's. I was afraid Medic was going to be on of the worst classes in the game but I'm happy to see it's not.

The only real thing I'm not looking forward to is everyone playing Scout in retail. That one class pretty much ruined most of my fun in the beta and I really hope DICE either makes some serious changes or has some maps where Scouts are at a serious disadvantage (as is Sinai is a Scouts paradise).

I think the dynamic weather needs to happen more. I played a lot and I saw the sandstorm maybe 4-5 times and fog once. I think maps like Chateau will make scouts less useful. Even St. Quentin Scar seemed to have more density around the flags. On Sinai C, F, and questionably B had decent cover. The other 4 flags left you completely exposed to scouts. 

I like the concept of dynamic weather but that sandstorm lasted way to long for as dense as it was. I had 2 matches in a row with a sandstorm and by the end of the second match I was glad it ended early because I was about to quit it out of frustration. I never saw the fog, or if I did it was followed up by a sandstorm and I didn't realize they were 2 separate things. I miss helicopters. People were using the planes just to transport themselves up to the ridge lines just to parachute off to hack a bunch of scouts to death. I would see so many planes getting wasted.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

It's because planes are pretty useless unless they change the conquest system back. Kills don't cost tickets anymore and kill farming doesn't get wins. So people that got rekt by sniper ridge made their way over there they best and fastest way without getting shot. XD

I loved the sandstorm. It gave me freedom to go anywhere. I got a lot of good kills. I guess I'm use to it because MGSV had the same exact storm effects. I use to go on a mass murder spree of all the guards when it would hit so I could do the rest of the mission in peace. XD

Support really needs some better gadgets. I don't mind that dynamite doesn't stick, but I'd like for it to follow some physics. If I can get some placed on the hood of the car, the windshield should keep it on, but instead it floats right thru the entire vehicle and drops to the ground. :(

Support should get AT Mines, they honestly don't match with Assault. Assault can use TNT like mines, and there really isn't much incentive to use them over Rocket Gun and TNT. If Support got TNT though, I'd play it a lot more on Rush, so i can TNT telegraphs non-stop and keep resupplying myself.

Oh great like the Scout needs anything else to make it more desirable. I'm really debating whether or not I want to play this anymore with those last two Scout gadgets because everyone is going to be running them (I can see no reason not to have the decoy gadget and I can see that damn shield being used on any map where a sniper needs to be in the open more). Support seems to be getting the shaft yet again. I really hope DICE gives them something more to make them more desirable on the field (dynamite would be a nice addition for them). I think Medic is in a very good place right now so I really don't understand why no one played it (outside of the lack of points you got for reviving). They've got probably the second best weapon in the game (outside of bolt-actions), they can heal teammates, and revive people (though it was extremely buggy in the beta, they really need to get it fixed. I don't know how many times I wasn't able to revive Sledge or his brother that day we played). The only thing they can nix are those rifle grenades. They're extremely under-powered and you can barely launch them more then 10 meters or so (unless you arc the hell out of it). The only real one of use will be the smoke variant. Assault seems to be DICE's love child this time around (besides Scout) so they're in a pretty damn good place being the anti-vehicle class (though I wish their weapons were more accurate, I know these were the first SMGs but still).

Meh, hopefully they'll add in more gadgets for everyone besides these (and maybe look at nerfing other classes (hint: Scout)).

As long as Support's mortar has a decent aiming mechanism I'll play alot of support just to mortar the hell out of snipers. I did it alot in BF4 and support was a close tie for my second favorite class to play (tied with engineer, I loved that EOD bot. XD ). I went through all those bomber assignments to unlock that UCAV for support and I played the hell out of it after I got it. But with the gadgets support is getting in BF1 I'm really disappointed. btw, the MG36 was my go to LMG and I regret not giving support more of my time during the beta to try out those machine guns to see how they compare.

2 hours ago, Strider Hiryu said:

and revive people (though it was extremely buggy in the beta, they really need to get it fixed. I don't know how many times I wasn't able to revive Sledge or his brother that day we played). The only thing they can nix are those rifle grenades. They're extremely under-powered and you can barely launch them more then 10 meters or so (unless you arc the hell out of it).

That revive was crazy bugged. I saw maybe 3 icons for reviving the entire match I played as a medic. And I was going to try to kill someone with the revive needle, but I accidentally revived the teammate behind me. I had no idea he died, and then I got melee'd in the back. His corpse ruined my needle kill. :( That rifle grenade is almost a duplicate of the BF3's Xbow aka crossbow with C4 arrows. Same range and same weak damage, had to arc the hell out of it too. I think those grenades are supposed to be the equivalent of BF4's assault's underslung M320 grenade launcher. I'd like to see the medic class get access to shotguns or a shotgun style gadget for up close encounters. Hell, even that little shield would be nice to have. Throw down a shield, throw down a medic crate, sit there and heal.

I don't like that shield for snipers. I don't see how it'll be balanced when everyone is using them. It won't affect killing snipers that are sniping you because if you're in their sights, you can shoot right down their barrel for a kill. The problem I'm seeing is we won't be able to snipe half the snipers out there from different angles because it'll hit their shield instead. But at the same time they won't have the angle needed to actually shoot back at that person. I'm assuming that once the shield is placed it'll be in a fixed position tho. The much narrower field of view and angles from it might make people not even want to use it unless they are in specific locations like aiming down a hallway or they have it placed to have a perfect angle at other choke points. That decoy thing sounds like it'll be the equivalent of a T-UGS sensor so thats no big deal to me. Once I had C4 unlocked I never used a TUGS again except for in TDM. I'd like to see a recon beacon of some kind added to the class tho and a bit of a nerf to the bullet drop. If BF1 had BF4 bullet drop and bullet velocity it'd be in a good spot, but if thats not going to happen, I think they need to decrease bullet velocity to make sniping a bit more challenging. It seems so damn odd to me that the WW1 rifles in BF1 are 100% more accurate and easier to shoot than the modern rifles of BF4.

I thought I was going to be a fan of kills not counting towards the score, but after seeing how it rendered Medic class undesired among the playerbase, I'm glad they brought it back. The Train/Blimp/Dreadnought will be more terrifying as they can now drain tickets fast.  Horse HP nerf is def needed as well.

Honestly I liked the new Conquest system. My only problem with it was the time limit which was fixed before the end of the beta. Honestly I'm not liking the switch back to kills counting, it's just going to bring out more Scout players and no one but those brave few will play the objective anymore (this saddens me more then anything, I actually had fun storming the objectives in the beta with a good squad). We're going to be hearing PTFO for ages again. This change will probably cement me into Rush now unless they find a way to balance the changes (like increasing the dynamic weather lengths to render Scouts useless or doing what Sledge said).

Medic's main problem is the scoring system for them, that's the only real reason no one picked them. 25 points for a revive isn't worth it (50 for squad revive) so why go out of you're way to do it (remember it's all about the score, people give zero fucks about anything else other then K/D. I actually tried to play Medic the way it's supposed to, you won't believe how many thank yous I got for doing it during the beta (Sledge's brother giving me most of them)) when you can just run with a bandage bag and the rifle grenades (or the crate if you had it unlocked, running two med stations. Even better is running the wrench now to repair vehicles). As you know I played Medic pretty much exclusively because I love the class and it actually gave me a reason to play aggressively because I could heal myself and I could keep my squad up (and revive when it actually worked, the icon thing didn't bug me. The fact that I couldn't revive someone who hadn't rushed their respawn pissed me off). Plus their weapons are by far one of the best in the game, that 1916 rifle is a beast and probably the best way to counter Scouts outside of playing one (3 hit kills is amazing). Happy to hear Support is going to get some love too (but I wish they would of been more specific about what they were giving them to make them better against tanks).

Kinda sad about the Horse as, besides playing Medic and the Light Tank (RIP beta LT), was some of the most fun I had during the beta (ask Sledge, I actually named my horse and everything. Went on some amazing kill sprees as well). I admit though it is needed, those horses could take more hits then a LT sometimes.

The glaring issue with the new point system was Behemoths, Once your team got them, it was a guaranteed loss. I never saw it turn the tide, and even in the alpha people said the blimp just caused a loss because it took a squad and 1 person off the field of battle. When it comes down to it for me, I play 300% ticket matches anyways when the server rentals go live. Hopefully the changes to rush will increase the player count. 24 is too small, and there is no excuse for it with this game no longer being tied to last gen.

I hope whatever gadget support is getting will be easy to use and efficient. They will already have mortar so I'm expecting the new anti-tank gadget to be something up close, probably dynamite. I'd rather see something like C4 tho. I want my jeep stuff back. ;_;

10 hours ago, Strider Hiryu said:

you won't believe how many thank yous I got for doing it during the beta (Sledge's brother giving me most of them

At least you had people communicating. Whenever I got a revive, maybe 4 times in the beta, I'd hit the thank you. But nobody else would use those communication options. I'd hit, "I need ammo" or "I need health" and nobody would respond even tho I was right next to supports and medics. I miss the BF3 and BF4 feature of hitting the spot button on allies to request ammo or health. Maybe that option was still there, but it didn't work for me.

10 hours ago, Strider Hiryu said:

(ask Sledge, I actually named my horse and everything. Went on some amazing kill sprees as well)

lmao. I remember you calling that horse by name but I forget the name of the horse. XD Those horses were OP. I accidentally unloaded a clip on one in a building thinking it was an enemy and when it didn't die I realized it was a horse in a building while I was reloading. lmao. Someone else on the team ran in there, got spooked and shot it up. That horse took those bullets like they were flies and didn't even flinch. XD

I named her Seabiscuit and she was a damn fine horse. She died so young with a brilliant future ahead of her /cry. I shall miss our long frolics through the desert sand murdering unsuspecting Scouts XD 

It was pretty hit or miss communication wise when I wasn't playing with either of you. Most of the time it was just a guy/gal (yes I actually ran into the rare female Battlefield player, damn near died of a heart attack when she spoke) saying thanks over squad chat. I got very few actual in-game Thank You's.

I do hope they increase the player cap for Rush, 24 just seemed like to little (at least on Sinai, 12 v 12 just doesn't work with how it's segmented for Rush). It never felt like anyone was really doing anything and if you had a heavy tank on the field you lost 6 available people to attack/defend (if they actually got in the damn tank). I guess I should say any tank (I mean we spent most of our time in tanks when we were playing, though we actually pushed the objectives unlike other tank users on our team (I can't remember his name but god did he piss me off in that one match sitting back doing nothing)).

2 hours ago, Strider Hiryu said:

I named her Seabiscuit and she was a damn fine horse. She died so young with a brilliant future ahead of her /cry. I shall miss our long frolics through the desert sand murdering unsuspecting Scouts XD 

lmao! XD Thats the name. Just like from the movie. XD

I didn't notice anyone actually saying thank you in the game because I turned the game's voip off and used party chat only. ^_^;

As wonky as the bayonet charge, I'll probably never equip it as it has too many negatives such as bad recoil and longer ADS. I'm glad these weapon selections were presets and we'll be able to customize our guns a bit more. Something more to grind war bonds for.

I really didn't care for the bayonett charge. Way too often I would rush right past an enemy I was trying to regular melee hit. I find it very interesting we'll be getting a melee weapon that damages light vehicles.

The campaign footage looks good. I know the DLC will include new maps and other armies, it would be awesome if the DLC maps come with a campaign mission for each army introduced.

Hopefully this one will be good. BF3 and BF4s campaign missions were subpar, and thats being generous to BF3. The only reason I replayed the last mission from the ending checkpoint on BF4 was to get the 3 different gun unlocks. I'd buy a BF without a campaign, honestly I'd support it if it meant spending more time focusing on the MP. I'd say Bad Company 2 was the only campaign I ever enjoyed from BF. DICE isn't good at making solo content, because their roots are as a multiplayer company. New missions would be a waste of resources that could be going to the free maps. The voice acting alone would be an expense sucked out of premium sales.

Dice may not be the best with solo content but any campaign is better than no campaign like battlefront. I got more game time and enjoyment out of BF4's campaign than I did with my entire experience with Star Wars Battlefront. I know people would still buy battlefield and call of duty just for the multiplayer, but I like that full game experience. Sure, I'd still buy a Battlefield without a campaign because I know the multiplayer will be good, but I'd also feel a bit ripped off because I expect a campaign with DICE's games. Their campaigns give me a great sense of immersion into the time period and conflict that I never get with other multiplayer games. ^_^