DeathscytheX

Battlefield 1

I finally got medic and support to level 1. I don't know if I'll actively try to level up anymore because it kinda sucks not playing full rounds.

I unlocked the LMG with the top loaded mag and it's my favorite so far. Despite its stats it has no recoil and great irons. You give up a lot on mag size for it. It's alot like the type 99 in COD: WaW.

The medic gets a variant to the Regotti (sp?) that has a beautiful sight. Now this gun is a beast for me. The recoil was a bit much with the irons for rapid fire. Somehow this makes a world of difference for me. 

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Strider and I got some tank brigade action in for a few hours. Sadly our team didn't take our lead half the time and arm points for us. And later I performed a tank steal from a guy arming one of our telegraphs. This is why we don't get out of our tanks. XD We managed to win a few rounds I'd like to say mostly thanks to us. People are getting so sniper happy on both sides it's insane. I really look foward to rush on a less open map. Right now it's the superior game mode.

I've settled into assault class a lot more now that I've stopped trying to grind. The rocket gun is my new favorite toy. I wish I could have got all my tank kills, but rush matches last longer than 15 min like conquest should and the first half of one of our matches got lost in the recording. 

The rocket gun feels like it follows BF4 sniping physics. I felt right at home at long range targets. 

With all the little bugs, lIke the climing/vaulting bugs, defuse bug, unintentional gas mask, and standing up after moving prone. This is how I feel sometimes. 

FB_IMG_1472351287451_zpsjoi2zrsy.jpg

XDXDXD

Tank bros all the way! After playing with DX today I feel I have a new appreciation for the game. I still feel this game isn't what everyone says it is but playing with others makes this so much more fun. After playing Assault I'm not overly impressed with it but it's fun and I wish I had the rocket gun unlocked, would make taking tanks out a lot easier (though I did take out a heavy tank with dynamite). Also tried out support and I'm not entirely sure I like it. The MG's are just to inaccurate and when you finally get into that nice accuracy the damn things overheat to damn fast. Honestly I don't like this aspect of the MG's and find it to be a really hard sell for me.

The Flanker layout for the light tank is an infantry's worth nightmare, that damn MG it has just tears through them like paper. That's what I was running when both DX and I were dominating with tanks. I ran protection when I was near him so he could destroy everything else. It's also relatively good at shredding tanks at close range (it's weaker overall then a normal tank cannon but due to it's fast reload and 15 shots you put out a lot of damage though you'll never win a tank on tank battle if they're running normal cannons).

I really wish I would of recorded this (maybe it did, I'll have to look tomorrow) but I shot a bomber and a fighter out of the air tonight with one of the landships cannons, was freaking amazing. Went 16 and 0 that round by just staying in the landship with a damn good driver and was up at the top of the score board due to flag caps. That's one thing I was never able to do on BF4 with a tank so it feels great to do it with an old school tank. Also really loving the Medic class, I unlocked the rifle grenade option tonight. Don't use it, it sucks and the grenades barely go anywhere unless you arc the fuckers big time (and even then it's not that far). Trying to push medic into level 2 so I can get the next semi-auto rifle since it comes with a marksman scope (really hoping it makes life easier, I love the artillery version of the first semi-auto but I really want to get my hands on one with a marksman scope).

I felt like that more then once tonight, god damn snipers and environment clipping is driving me nuts.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

The Lewis gun i can deal with, The MG with the strip mag I can't stand. That sharp shooter medic gun started tearing me up today. i want to get my hands on it but I think its level 3 medic. Yeah, those noob toobs blow. I got a lucky kill with one out of desperation. They only do 5 damage to tanks too.

Pistols are super powerful and super accurate at close range. I swapped to the german pistol because it has more shots, faster fire rate, and low recoil. Damn thing is a beast. I honestly can say pistols have been my number 3 cause of death behind snipers and tanks.

I had a blast tonight with Strider and my brother. We owned in some conquest. Battlefield games really shine when you have some good friends to play it with. I got some of the highlights from tonight in this video:

I stole two kills from Strider. XD and this one guy seemed almost immortal. Eventually I killed him, then he respawned in the same spot, killed me when I had a failed melee and then I got to see Strider killed him from my corpse view. XD I caught the suicide plane that tried to ram me and Strider too. lmao. That guy should have killed us. Also, I thru some of my awkward kills in this video. The hitboxes seem to be all over the place IMO. Sure, I'm overshooting sometimes and the bullet goes over a shoulder, but 1 pixel away from the helmet seems a bit much and theres a couple times my shots should have connected but either didn't or hit something in the environment instead. :confused:

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

The collision detection is wonky. Shooting someone in the face doesn't seem to count as a headshot, so I go for the helmet when I snipe. 

I've blown myself up with the rocket gun a few times because I guess the shell clipped the dune or rock I was coving behind every though the barrel was over it. I've also had tank shots blocked by rocks and hills even though I could see the turret was exposed and they could shoot at me.

Yes. The exact same thing happens to me all the time. I can't prone behind cover and snipe someone that has any elevation on me because if I'm right next to a rock wall, rock or dune of some kind my shots will always clip it even thought its a completely perfect line of sight. The only way to get around it is to back away from the wall and become completely exposed. :crap:

I think it's funny how a lot of people are bitching on reddit about tanks. Well maybe if you assholes would get off scout and help we could take tanks down with ease. People still think they should be able to 1v1 a tank as an infantry too. -_-;

I used that Russian sniper rifle and honestly the marksman scope doesn't feel like much of an upgrade over the sharpshooter in magnification. The scope glint isn't worth it IMO. Paired with the fact that there is damage drop off after the sweet spot, I doubt I'll ever use it on any rifle.

I got to Medic level 2. I didn't get to play with it much, but I had to upload the Selbstlader M1916 Sharpshooter for Strider, because he'll probably love this gun even more than I do (If he hasn't already unlocked it yet). Its a damn monster with a beautiful scope and a 20 round modern mag. You can really zone in on some snipers with it. I actually tagged a few at extreme ranges from their scope glint. I didn't get the kill, but it was still impressive for a semi-auto. This will be a top priority for me on the full game.

And this is why people think tanks are OP. XD Observe as I go up to the cliff to mock these scout pro wannabes. XDXDXD

Oh man that gun. If I had that unlocked for medic I wouldn't mind giving up on bolt action rifles for a while. I loved the DMRs in BF4 and I'd have a blast with that.

Tanks are OP with the rate of fire and self repair. XD and the light tank is the most OP because it can go everywhere an infantry can expect inside buildings. And if someone goes in a building, just blow it up. There's nowhere to hide from a light tank. XD it's a hell of alot to play in but being on the receiving end of a good tank player is demoralizing without having a rocket gun unlocked.

I'm going to focus on playing assault and medic today and getting in as many vehicles as possible. The end of the beta was never announced yet but I want to get leveled up to 15 over the next 2 days in case it ends soon.

I already unlocked it (actually shortly before I started playing with Sledge and his brother yesterday). It's a nice gun, recoil is going to take some time to get used to (that scope goes all over the damn place when you fire but it's damn nice for taking out pesky snipers that are in range). I still want to get my hands on the Mondragon Marksmen variant, I hear that gun is a freaking beast but sadly it doesn't have a modern mag (both Matimi0 and Level really seemed to like it during the Alpha). Sadly I need to be medic level 3 before I can unlock it (which I may or may not hit, since today is day 4 for me I'll get on for a bit just to guarantee I get the dog tags. Probably won't play much more after today (started getting back into TOR again so that's really eating up my free time when I'm not playing FFXIV) especially since I go back to work after tomorrow and I'd like to take some time tomorrow to get caught up on anime and a few other things).

The end date for the beta is the 8th according to what I've read on the forums so you still have time to get to 15 and get some vehicle action in Sledge.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

The end date is most likely the 8th as most have been saying. Overwatch starts their free trial the 9th so it makes sense, and then the For Honor alpha starts after Overwatch. There has been a nonstop string of betas and alphas the past month. 

I hit rank 18 today I think. I've got my 4 days in too. Now that the timer was removed from Conquest and Rush, conquest has been a hell of a lot more fun. Tanks still seem OP with their self heal and fast fire rate, but people really need to start using the artillery guns located at each of the flags to take them out. They're extremely useful in taking out tanks and attacking the behemoth as I found out tonight. I got another video of my highlights, getting kills with tanks is easy, seat 5 of the behemoth train is completely broken with it's sights (Maybe that was a random glitch) and dynamite jeeps don't work (the dynamite stays hovering in air where it was placed instead of staying stuck to the vehicle). :( I did get the kill against a behemoth by shooting a constant barrage of artillery shells from the stationary gun.

I was playing only assault and medic classes today. I love that DMR rifle on medic, but assault class was even more fun to play. I got a 6 person kill streak a few hours ago and it felt pretty good. I never luck out like this. I kept running right into people with their back to me. XD

I'll get on BF1 again at least one more time if I get the chance to play with someone else online. If not I think I'll start focusing on my game backlog again, I'm getting a bit burned out on this desert map and before I get fully burned out I'll walk away before I start to dislike the map in the full game. One last thing.. I suck horrible at flying. And with nobody spotting enemy planes it just seems like a waste of time for me to even get in one. If I ever do fly planes again it'll be the bomber just so I can bomb some flags and hope for kills or at least try to be beneficial for my team. That might change once we get maps with the zeppelin in the full game tho.

Artillery is great unless I'm in the tank. I take that shit down as soon as someone gets on it. XD they need to bump up the reload time a tad on those things. Maybe speed up the animation by 20%. Splash damage will kill the person in no less than 2 hits full frontal. 

The light tank is going to be nerfed apparently. But I doubt it will be by much. They'll reduce the effective range of the grape shot and knock it down to 4 if I had to guess. 

I played a few rounds today and it was a lot better on conquest. I actually go to go around and do stuff. I had time to post up and troll with my M1916. It's def my favorite gun. I trolled the cliff for a good bit to farm kills.

I don't know how much more I'll play for the same reasons. I hate Metro to this day probably because of the BF3 beta. I need to focus on overwatch as well.

It's gotta be COD players. Its amazing how no one even bothered to come get me. (even though I was looking for someone to) I mean I get highlighted red to the person I killed. My position is given away. COD-only players aren't use to the massive verticality of these maps. Looking up isn't normal unless there are stairs in front of you. You saw me shoot at these guys and they looked everywhere in a panic but up. XD

I tried doing this tonight and gave up after 10 shots. -_-;

There was an update tonight and they unlocked all the guns and gadgets available in the beta regardless of class rank and they turned on skill based matchmaking. I played 3 rounds and didn't enjoy it. eh. Endless tanks and snipers. It was fun to try out the new guns but because I was trying out new loadouts I was unskilled in, I got torn apart left and right. x_x The Gewehr .95 sharpshooter is a great gun and the straight pull bolt action works great. For assault class, that m1918 has crazy killing power. That huge magazine blocking the view is beyond annoying but the killing potential of this gun well makes up for it. I think because this was the last night the trolls were out in force. Some guy tried driving the jeep I was in out of bounds to team kill me, another guy on my team kept getting in a plane and kept crashing it into our own tanks. And because of the skill matchmaking, everyone was playing scout and knew to destroy the artillery guns they couldn't hold securely so tanks dominated like crazy. Some guy on my team went 48/6 in one round. The other team always had at least two people with 20+/4 k/d tank players. I tried to play the objective but with nobody to spawn on it was hard. Everyone on my team was playing like Rambo, I'd swap squads and every squad member was all over the map so there was no teamwork. :keh: I tried to make a dynamite jeep again and the dynamite still wouldn't stick to the jeep. I played alot of assault and that rocket gun is nice but it needs a buff. Having to go prone to use it against self healing fast light tanks.. its frustrating when I get 3 shots in and the tank just takes off, then I stand up to go chase it and it runs right back towards me like the road runner making fun of the coyote and blasts me with a one hit kill. lol. I did kill 1 tank with that rifle but it did not feel satisfying. Imagine if the RPG in BF3 and BF4 could only be used prone and needed 5 shots to kill a tank. It would be as impractical as this thing is. I'm surprised that we only get 2 AT mines and they don't stay after spawning like they did in BF3 and BF4. I miss that. :| Overall I enjoyed the beta, even tho this last night wasn't the best.

I love sniping but I was looking forward to this game having a large drop off in damage for range. These snipers seem to be able to make long distance shots without problems which encourages more camping. I'd rather see the range reduced more and for more anti tank options for all classes. Whether or not they nerf light tanks, there should be some more anti tank options outside of using the artillery that gets destroyed in 2 hits. I can get 2 hits off on a tank and only do 25% damage, but the tank can hit the artillery, instant kill me and destroy it and then self heal. But nobody can walk right up to the artillery and repair it. I've seen a horse can take more damage than the artillery and still be fine. I never got to try the tankhunter elite class, but from what I read the people that did get it, went off and hid on a cliff to snipe players instead of tanks because the gun gives you 1 hit kills to the body. I loved tanks in BF4 but 3 classes could counter them. Support and Recon both had C4, support had mortars and UCAV, Engineer had RPG, javelin, etc. Assault even had those assault rifle grenades that could kill a jeep with ease and lightly damage tanks. But if only engineers had anti tank capabilities in BF4, tanks would have completely dominated like they do in BF1.

I hope the vehicle upgrades actually unlock and aren't part of the basic vehicle loadouts. I loved that in BF3 and BF4. I got a sense of accomplishment when I leveled up my tanks and got a new weapon type or perk unlocked. oh, and spotting felt much more forgiving tonight. I felt like I could easily spot the enemies I was actually looking at now. I was even getting spot bonuses left and right.

I looked over my video saves from the last day of the beta and I realized my team of trolls were giving most of our tanks to the enemy team. They'd spawn in them, drive up to an enemy controlled flag and leave them there. -_-; Thus the enemy team had an endless supply of light tanks. The tanks are OP. People will say its because players aren't working together to take them out. And yes, they're not. The existing fan base is used to BF3 and BF4 where a single player can run up with C4 and take them out. The majority of casuals out there are not going to work together to destroy them regardless if the ability to do so is there. Because of that we can all search youtube and see and large chunk of bf1 light tank killing sprees, but not a single video of 1 squad actively working together to destroy 2 or more tanks. The artillery on the map to counter the tanks is way to much like Star Wars Battlefront mechanics with the turrets on those maps to destroy walkers. One of the problems I came across was the dynamite not sticking to vehicles. If I could actually dynamite jeep I'd have killed alot more tanks. Hell, if I could have actually had the dynamite stick to the light tanks I could have destroyed them much easier, but by the time I start running away so I don't suicide, the tank started rolling off and the dynamite falls straight down to the ground. I went 17-4 in a light tank at one point but I never edited the video because of all the driving off to repair. The larger tanks are beasts but focusing on the treads disabled them from driving off to self repair which works good, but light tanks are far too nimble and have too small of a hitbox to compensate for their maneuverability. I know Dice already announced it'll be getting nerfed tho. Maybe once support gets the mortar things will be more balanced.

Heres the video of the guns I tried out on the last day of the beta. I do like that straight pull bolt action rifle and assault is a beast with that m1918.