DeathscytheX

Battlefield 1

The cost of going back to WWI is that your cosmetics are very limited. Overwatch makes money off cosmetics, poses, sprays, emotes, and potg highlight intros. It's wacky, cartoony, and in a universe that it works with. Titanfall will probably sell cosmetics and burn card packs.  

Battlefield is a war simulator. Outside of skins there is not much else you can ethically sell w/o drawing p2w cries. They sell the shortcuts, but I doubt they make a substantial amount on it. It's boring for most of us to buy our way past progression. Skins are only so appealing for this era without immersion breaking. Unless they do go to the future, I'd see BF Premium staying a thing. Even though I'm going to buy it, I wouldn't mind them giving it away for free a bit more early to keep the maps populated.

COD could easily give free maps with the direction it's heading. Their rng boxes, as bullshit as they are, have been a success for then. But I'm sure they'll still be greedy assholes. 

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Wow, this is probably the best change to the vehicle system the game has ever had. The fact that it reserves it for you once you pick it so you have time to tinker with the type and load out is amazing. There was nothing more frustrating in BF4 than trying to pick a boat and it would go dark on you because someone else was quicker on the button spam.

I got to play a few rounds before work. My first two weren't very fun because my team was really bad and we could barely hold one flag. The initial impression is that flag spawns need to be reworked ASAP. They aren't random, and some people already know this. I found myself getting insta-sniped by a scout or LW tank as soon as I spawned. I recommend spawning on a vehicle or squadmate only right now in conquest. Definitely don't spawn on a contested flag.

Here are some other thoughts.

Tanks are really powerful. The most powerful they've been since BF2. You can't just run up to them and toss TNT on. You have to be out of LoS to toss your anti-tank nades. They're one shot killers and they don't even really have to aim. In BF4, if you tried to get an AOE kill with a tank, you'd be hard pressed to do so on a full health infantry. Not in this game. The LW tank is super accurate at long ranges, and can snipe your ass which is frustrating. The landship with 2 cannon operators is a force to be reckoned with. I went on a tear with one as the right hand cannon operator. Just point and shoot.. as long as their near your reticle, they're dead at medium range.

Assault has been completely neutered. Honestly it needed it. I was surprised just how much the class has been nerfed. Its anti-tank abilities are stronger than engineer in BF4, but its anti-infantry abilities are shit. At least with the first SMG you always see in the beta... that gun is ass.

The Lewis gun for support on the other hand is a beast. My last few minutes of playing, I gave support a try, and I was surprised how fast LMGs kill people at medium to close range. I'll play more of this tonight when I get off work. But Like usual, every time I was something other than assault, I had tanks taking me apart and I felt naked.

Suppression is nasty in this game. You cant see shit. A lot of my deaths came from this. I'd get suppression blur and someone right in front of me gunned me down. I never saw them.

The horse class is really nice. That lever action will instakill someone from chest up.

Plane controls are as wonky as jet controls, I crashed in seconds and never tried it again.

This map favors vehicles big time, its open and vast. I wish we would have a chance to try the alpha map. They weren't lying when they said it wasn't wise to run from flag to flag. You're completely exposed anywhere outside of a flag.

If you thought clipping on a pebble wasn't going to be an issue in this game... it still is. -_-;

After a rough frustrating start, I've enjoyed what I've seen so far. The spawning issue is pretty big for me. But at least sniping feels really good.

You can really harass points without being seen. I was up here for a good bit picking off people or making them run away. The sweet spot aspect is interesting. I don't see how my first shot wasn't a kill. I hit him in the neck at least and only got 89 damage. Bullet velocity is really fast. I was leading off way too much at first. Once you get the hang of it, medium range sniping is killer. Without scope glint, no one could see me for a long time. Eventually I got naded.

I took a long lunch break today and got about 20 minutes of game time in. Sniping is good, but I really need some practice with it. I keep shooting just over a shoulder. I also got to try out a horse. lmao. It auto swapped me to a hand gun that I had wouldn't let me ADS and it threw me all off. Then I realized I could weapon swap to the sabre and cut some guy up. XD Heres my highlights from those 20 minutes:

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Apparently I'm not lucky enough to get a code even though I signed up for Insider the day it was announced. Sigh, not like I have the time to play it but it'd still be nice to know I could and get it loaded for tomorrow (though I still probably won't play until Friday at the earliest). Have fun for me guys.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Did you select the console last month? They kinda slipped that in there. They will probably be a patch tomorrow anyways. I read you stop getting xp for class progression unless you leave the server each round. It's TF2 all over again. XD

The day they said we could choose our platform I set it (again the day of and I still get fucked). Fucking EA/DICE, this shit always happens. That's why I hate these stupid "Join this for early access to beta" and then they fuck over quite a few people by not giving them access (it's The Division beta shit all over again (different publishers but still, I have no luck when it comes to this shit)). As I said no big loss, I won't be able to play it until Friday and that's only if I don't have to work (won't know more till probably Thursday. Plus the grind in FFXIV is real and I'm so close to getting my Anima weapon I can taste it so that kind of takes priority (yea, I'm addicted to it)). I'll be on and off it all weekend (and since I don't work Monday that means at least a 3-day weekend) but I'm going to take it easy, I don't want to get burned out on the beta.

My younger brother somehow got the insider code for his XBox One even though he requested the code for PS4.

I played for a few more hours tonight and had alot of fun until the last match when I seemed to die within 20 seconds of spawning anywhere on the map. x_x They need to fix the spawn locations. Spawning on any flag puts you right out near the flag in full open view of everyone. Spotting really needs to get less restrictive IMO. You can only spot an enemy if your cross hairs are directly over them and that needs to change. I say that because your have to basically be a sniper with your spotting. If your cross hairs are just over the should of the enemy by a pixel it wont spot them and if you hit the button and then re-aim directly on them and hit it again the game will think you're spamming the spot button and still wont register the spot. The R1 button is almost worthless with spotting like it is. Its only good for squad leaders to call a target on what flag to attack. Its really annoying me because I spot every enemy I can to help the team and I can't even spot a damn airplane while running because I hit the R1 button just off the wing tip because it was banking while I'm running, and then it considers it button mashing again and my spotting is basically disabled for another 20 seconds. Along with shooting no longer making you appear on the mini map there is no spotting going on at all. The last part doesn't bother me, but people not being able to actively spot enemies is a nuisance.

Sniping is fun but my aim still seems way off. I briefly tried the support class and couldn't kill crap with the machine gun, I think the enemy was just out of range of it's optimum damage. It feels like the flags need more transportation options. I'd often find myself waiting for a vehicle or horse to spawn and get bored and start running. The tank is OP. XD Heres a video of some scout gameplay and my tank killstreak as the second half of the video:

Conquest needs to be fixed. Honestly its a train wreck right now. Redditors are asking for the old system back, and I agree. Matches are only 10 min long. I've yet to see a ticket win, just time running out instead. This isn't conquest, its some casual remix BS. I can barely get anything done before the match is ending. DICE said they'll change it back after the beta based on the reaction. If conquest stays like this, I'll probably play Rush and Operations exclusively.

The servers collapsed tonight under all the non insiders getting access. I got a few rounds of Rush in and I enjoyed it more because the matches were double if not triple in length. There are 10 bombs over 5 check points. This is where you can get some good Sniper v Sniper action as well. I wasn't getting constantly raped by tanks, because there are far less vehicles on the map. Its funny how "telegraph posts" look like 80s sci-fi M-COMs XD thats a bit weird. Instead of the alarm sounds, it makes a bell ring. As far as I could tell, the Rush map takes you along the northern part of the conquest equivalent. It starts where F is, and ends where C or B is.

Sniping is a different beast in this game. I got to try some long range hits with the starter gun, and I was only getting 40 damage. That sweet spot mechanic really comes into play. I'll have to buy a different rifle tomorrow. War bonds are awarded pretty generously unlike the money in Titanfall 2. I bought a different SMG, which I don't like all that much better than the starter. I bought another LMG, but I like the Lewis gun better than it because of the iron sites. I played medic for a bit, and the semi-autos are pretty damn beastly. They are almost like DMRs in BF4. The only issue is, Medic is a pretty useless class in conquest. Revives don't stop ticket bleeds, and the fast respawn pretty much negates any use for reviving. Hopefully I can find an SMG I like. I need to level up more to have more purchasing options.

Here is a bit more sniping. I'll try some more sniper rifles as the week goes on.

Great shots! :D I was wondering why conquest matches were so damn short. I've never seen a match actually hit 200 tickets for either team and the train spawns so late in the match the losing team doesn't have it long enough to even come close to catching up. Look at the ticket count at the end of the video I posted with my train killing spree. With all those flags getting we capped and getting huge kills, my team still lost by a big margin. If rush is longer, I'll get on that instead. I'm a casual player and normally I complain about games not appealing to casuals, but this is battlefield. We need large and long conquest matches. TDM and domination are supposed to be for the casuals, not conquest.

I'm a calculated shooter. XD I'll hardscope forever until I feel like I have the shot. I can't do all that zoom in pop zoom out. I'm def sticking with the sharp shooter scope. All those people that have unlocked the marksman scope were sitting ducks with their scope glint.

It's interesting how conquest is shorter because of a bad system. Rush is actually improved in this game. I remember in previous games, once you got both m-coms you could time it right to rush to the next m-com to where the out of bounds timer wouldn't reach the kill before the next zone opener up for attackers. Now there is a huge artillery barrage that will kill you easily it you try to advance too early. It gives defenders ample time to fall back and set up.

That sounds like a great improvement. I need to change my airplane controls later today. Using the left stick to control the throttle is horrible by default. I mention the plane controls because my brother swapped his back to bf4 style and easily had full control of his plane. He sent me this video earlier of the 3 kills he got this morning. The last one shouldn't count imo. XD

I got on for a few rounds tonight with my brother. Turns out we had to be in a PSN party to play on the same game together. And either the game glitched on me and wouldn't let me choose what game to play or it is set for the PSN party owner to choose what game to play. As soon as he started loading into a game of conquest it gave me a pop up that a friend was joining a match and asked me if I wanted to join it. It worked out good but it did put us into a pre-locked party that we had to leave before being able to join into a full squad with other players. I got a few good kills in a tank seat, jumped out before it exploded and then melee'd an enemy and got a DICE dog tag off them. I'll upload the video tomorrow. That was some good fun. Also spotting is definitely busted. I spent some war bonds on a spotting scope gadget for scout class, which is supposed to spot enemies for your team. When you look thru it it says to look at enemies to spot them. It didn't matter what I did, or any button I pressed nobody would get spotted even if I was staring straight at an enemy for 10 seconds. I want a refund on my war bonds. XD

Dear god, I didn't know the spotting scope was back. XD that was so OP in BC2. It sounds like they took Battlefront's join a friend and implemented it. I had to turn VOIP off. I made a party and joined and squad but heard all the weirdos in the squad anyways. XD

Had a chance to go old school tonight. XD

Tank grenades are ass. They don't stick, and its impossible to hit a highly mobile tank. Landship is about the only thing they're good for hurting. I unlocked the rocket gun for assault and its a much better option. You can do 4 shots at 20 dmg each. you can't kill a tank, but you can cripple it with ease at a safe distance. I played more assault on Rush, and I like the class a lot more. The automatica or whatever its called is meh. It fires really fast, but its recoil is too much along with the upper mag sight pic obstruction. Its stats are worse on everything except RoF so I had to go back to the starter SMG. This map just doesn't favor assault because its so open. I was doing some work in the city parts, but on Rush thats the last 2 bombs.

I did a lot of Lightweight tank on Rush. its a monster, but its probably the most selfish vehicle in the game. You're squad cant spawn on you or jump in. It crushes infantry like no tomorrow though. i went 20-0 one match, I should have saved it, but I didn't think think about it at the time. I also killed multiple vehicles. The other tanks can't compete tank v tank because they don't have the same mobility. You're just more prone to nades and AT infantry. I think the fact that not enough people are using the rocket gun is what makes tanks so strong. The bug that doesn't let you progress in class is hampering it. I kept leaving servers until I ranked my Assault. Once everyone gets more unlocks in the full game, Tanks will get balanced out a bit when they are put in check.

The environmental clipping is starting to get maddening. I was denied defusing a bomb three times because the game wouldn't let me climb over a waist high rock. It would make the animation that I was climbing or jumping up and push me back down to where I was. WTF.

Gas grenades are becoming my favorite thing. I've never been good at hip firing, but Overwatch provided me with great training. This has prepared me very well for gas mask combat. I love tossing a nade on a point and running in to gun down the enemy. Especially those that lay prone at a flag. I know where they are, but they don't know where I'm coming into the green mist from. Thanks Solider 76 for helping me get better. XD

I need that dynamite. O_O So it is a bug for the classes. Its annoying, I'm level 5 now but my scout class I've been playing almost exclusively is still at zero and I can't unlock any of the better sniper rifles. Theres only 1 I can currently buy with warbonds and its for short to mid range. Is there a way to upgrade the specific classes that I'm missing out on?

8 hours ago, DeathscytheX said:

Dear god, I didn't know the spotting scope was back. XD that was so OP in BC2. It sounds like they took Battlefront's join a friend and implemented it. I had to turn VOIP off. I made a party and joined and squad but heard all the weirdos in the squad anyways. XD

I didn't like that battlefront system relying on the party system but it looks like thats what DICE is going with now. From what I understand their new system will let people swap between different battlefield games while staying in the same party. But who the hell will want to actively switch between different battlefield games or have friends that actually kept older BF games installed? I'd rather see the regular join on a friend option. Back in BF4 it was nice to jump in a game, see my brother was on, click on multiplayer and join the server hes in and surprise him when I jumped in his squad. Now if I even want to get into a game hes on I have to make a PSN party and invite him, then wait for his round to finish so I can join in on a fresh match because I don't get the option to join the server hes currently in. I turned VOIP off immediately. lmao. I can't stand listening to people. That and I sometimes talk in a very criticizing tone to people who drive tanks like ass and I don't want to be that annoying guy everyone hears. XD

I'm starting to give up on support. I've been trying to level up it up since PSN came back online. I got Scout and Assault to level 1 with no real issues, but I've played multiple matches as support, and I know I have gotten over 10k points with it and I can't get to level 1. I really want to try that LMG in Westie's video.

The Light Tank is just too OP. they should either decrease its shot CDs, or reduce it to 4 shots. 6 rapid shots is insane. I went on a 22 kill streak on Rush tonight just roaming around in one. I may or may not upload it because its 15 minutes of mostly boring retreat/repair/attack. I'd have to chop it up. I don't know how I feel about the self repair for everyone. It kinda makes tanks super OP when you can heal up so fast. Healing doesn't stop the landship from having its gunners operate the cannons either. I think we go into launch with this, but I think the healing rate will at least get nerfed from 4 to 6 cycles for a full heal, or the rate each cycle completes will be lengthened. But then again, like I've previously stated, this map just favors tanks so hard. I had a 9/10 loss on one Rush match because no one could take out the tank defending B. I couldn't set up my rocket gun because everyone was too cramp and I kept getting sniped. I was able to disable it once, but it self repaired by the time I died and got more rocket gun ammo. I got a tank service star in the damn beta, and It only took 4-5 rounds. XD

The Gewehr M. 95 is a monster. You don't get a scope for it in this beta, but the advantage of that is that you pull the bolt while staying in ADS. At medium-long range, you can fire off two shots with ease, and get the kill before someone could scope in on you.

I upgraded my MP18 to the artillery variant and it has a nice iron faux dot sight. It makes medium sprays a bit more manageable.

I found a nice place to snipe on Rush. I got 10 kills before someone finally climbed up the rock and got me... 2 of them actually, they must have been really mad at me. XD I chopped it up, because like the tank, there is a lot of boring scouting and spotting between the kills. :P

Damn PSN was down for maintenance during the entire 2 hours I could have been playing yesterday. -_-; I ended up playing some more of the Killzone campaign (I'm glad killzone only costed me $5, the game looks great but 3 missions in and the plot is very lackluster so far.)

Awesome video. You're really getting the hang of the bullet drop and lead distance. I bet you were pissing them off bad. XD I like that ridge, keep climbing it on the side all the way to F and you can snipe that entire flag from some good height.

Tanks are OP. I really like the Landship and the side turrets being so strong really encourage people to ride shotgun on these. The main gun for the driver is a machine gun I think and that blows because if you don't have a decent person in a side turret to attack other tanks you wont survive a tank vs tank encounter. My brother was driving the tank in this video and he managed to flip it twice. These large treads being exposed on the top let him flip us back upright. XD

The grapeshot is OP against infantry. Once the full game is released I bet half these ammo types and self repair will be locked via progression like reactive armor and sabot shell are on BF4.

Meh, I don't know it it was because I was tired last night or what but I really didn't have any fun playing the beta at all. Conquest is really no fun with the new changes and I'm sick and fucking tired of dying to snipers every 20 seconds (seriously people get a life). Plus this map is just to fucking big for conquest (something I thought I would never say). If you don't have a vehicle you're asking for a long ass sprint to get toward any action and you're probably going to die by sniper fire 5 or 6 times before you even get close.

Rush on the other hand is a blast. Before I got off last night I joined a Rush match and went on a freaking tear with the Heavy Tank (no I didn't spawn it in, someone else did and then just left it sitting in the middle of the map). I believe I went on a 20 kill streak before someone finally destroyed the tank (all because I couldn't figure out how to auto-repair, I kept hitting the damn button it said to but it wouldn't do anything (and I wasn't taking any fire and was in a very safe location every time)). I would park myself right next to an mcom and defend my fellow soldiers while they armed it (did this for 4 of the 5 sets of mcoms). The spread shot is amazing at knocking infantry out and is pretty much a one hit kill from short to medium range (and the heavy tank gets 8 shots, that's way more overpowered then the light tank). I also got lucky and had 4 other gunners on board to protect my flanks.

While playing I did try out the scout and honestly either I suck major balls at playing as one (and I'll admit I do, can't hit shit) or everyone else playing this are gods because I couldn't hit shit and I would die pretty much instantly when spawning in by another sniper (seriously get lives people). I do love the medic class though, their semi-auto's are a blast to use and hit like trucks if you land your shots. Was also able to get a few revives off (surprisingly). I'll have to try Support and Assault next time I play but right now I love me my medic. Also tried out flying and I feel with a little more time I could master it. Not really hard to fly them but with being so used to Ace Combat controls I can't get my fingers to adjust to BF1 control scheme.

Honestly I'm slightly underwhelmed by this game and don't really see what everyone is raving about. I'll attribute this to my being tired last night and honestly not really into it (I was pissed because of the maintenance, didn't get to get caught up on my youtube video's last night (I prefer watching them on my TV, bigger screen)). I'll hold my final judgement till after I get more play time in this weekend but as of right now I'm just not feeling this game (I think I'm too spoiled by modern shooters like BF4, all the guns being pretty inaccurate is throwing me off).

Well you're right. The map isn't really that good. You're open to everything as infantry. I wouldn't expect your experience to get much better on conquest. The only reason I still play it is for flag capping to class level.

You have to hold down the repair button. I did the same thing at first. XD. The heavy tank might have 8 shots, but it's no match for the light tank in a duel. I would just circle those thinks and destroy them. The light tank gun has 360 motion without ever moving the treads. It's mobility and speed just make it hell for the other tanks to hit and impossible for infantry to get away from it in an open area. 

The heavy tank might be is fine where it's at because it's so bulky, and passengers get the standard APC guns. It can only shoot foward, and can't defend. Itself as well as the light tank can vs. Assault classes trying to tnt it.

The landship is only good if you have cannon operators. If there is only one, it's tough trying to swap from left to right since you have to swap between the other two seats to get back to the left. It's always funny when 1 person in a LS tried to challenge another tank. XD  

That second medic gun that you can get without reaching level 1 is nice too once you get some war bonds. It doesn't hit as hard, but it has zero recoil and a faster rate of fire. 

This map definitely needs more transportation. Its way too much sprinting out in the open. I have to zig zag all over the place to get from one flag to another because if you sprint in a straight line for more than 2 seconds you'll get sniped. btw, I didn't even think about configuring my vehicle loadouts like levelcap is talking about in this video. I could have sworn the driver seat in the one tank for me was a machine gun. I'll have to check the loadout and make sure everything is set for anti tank rounds:

That artillery truck... wtf. Its a damn sniping vehicle. O_O