DeathscytheX

Battlefield 1

Yeah, they really need to have better RnG on battle pickups... Battlefront's random spawns didn't go far enough because people still memorized them all and made sure to hang out next to them. In fact I think it had the same sequence of respawns every time since the same person would be the hero 90% of the match. It needs to be heavily RNGed to where the loud minority complain that they need to be more predictable. I want everyone to have it as rarely as I get it. People more busy camping possible spawns and not PTFO is bad no matter what they are waiting to get.

The mortar was so OP, because you could see spotted people on its on mini-radar. Thanks to my turtles I could hear them in the distance and start running whether it was coming my way or not. I didn't stay still until I heard it hit. Without the minimap, I'd guess it would work more LOS, and be used for putting pressure on objectives.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I guess I lucked out against mortars. In all the hundreds of hours I've played bf3 and bf4 I've only been killed by a mortar maybe 5-7 times. I assumed nobody used it because they thought it was to weak. XD I remember getting into a mortar battle in bf4 once. Some guy must have gotten pissed off with me for killing at least 10 ppl in a round with it and busted out his own mortar. We killed each other twice with mortars that round but he eventually gave up when I destroyed his mortar 3 times in a row. XD

Along with a UCAV in bf4 the mortar was OP on open maps. I still find it amazing that these 2 gadgets can be equipped simultaneously. The UCAV and mortar were both nerfed since I took this video. The UCAV now takes a full 90 seconds to spawn the initial ammo for it and mortar starts off with no ammo to to also prevent mass killing, then suicide and respawning for instant full killing potential.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

That will be on hell of an assignment to complete XD

God that trailer was awesome. Can't wait until the 31st (or around then, they haven't said how early we get in as Insiders) when we'll finally get access to the beta and this amazing looking map.

Edited by Strider Hiryu
Beta date and map info was released, figured I'd just edit my post

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Kudos to DICE for a different map. Alpha testers won't have a significant map knowledge advantage over beta testers. That sandstorm will def put a hamper on alpha snipers too that already have a good feel on how it works.

I think that's one of the main reasons they did it besides all the Alpha testers getting bored with the St. Quentin Scar map (and the fact that the Alpha was streamed by almost every major Battlefield streamer/youtuber, pretty much everyone knows the ins and outs of the map by now). I'm really hoping they give us access to the newer weapons they've been show casing recently (especially that new MG and semi-auto shotgun) and to the horses (apparently you spawn with a different loadout if you choose the ride a horse, similar to the mechanic/pilot class for spawning in tanks/airplanes. I'm extremely curious as to what we'll have access to on horseback). It's going to be a long two weeks waiting for this.

I see how the horses can be beneficial to use over a motorcycle now. Having them auto jump over obstacles could be extremely useful. I don't like the idea of elite classes at all. With them being battle pickups we'll see the same issues as Battlefront. People will quickly learn where they spawn at and if they're fun to use or OP, the same people will get them consistently. As long as these elite classes aren't OP then there might not be an issue with them. But if there is an assignment with "get 5 kills with a flamethrower" then I'm going to assume that spawn location will get camped by a good chunk of people at all times.

They'll be no different than battle pickups in BF3&4. They won't be like Heroes from battlefront. It's amazing how bad the overreaction has been. I guess since it's a load out instead of a single weapon.

The assignment will suffer the same fate as the China Rising bomber. Which will be an ass to get, but offer sweet ripe sniping targets. XD

The thing with battle pickups from BF4 were that none of them were really game changing (the exception being the railgun from Final Stand). The MGL 320 is 12 shots and honestly not your best choice for killing people unless you're trying to clear a point, WALL-E (I forget it's actual name) isn't really that powerful unless you know how to use it, the .50cal Sniper is a bitch but honestly no worse then dealing with a normal sniper (with the exception of the one shot kill anywhere), and the other pickups really weren't that important as well.

I get they won't be heroes per say but they have the ability to really sway the course of battle into the favor of the team controlling them (though they do seem relatively easy to kill from a video Level posted today, the Sentry got one shotted by a Rocket Gun). I'm just really unsettled by DICE's choice here by making them a pickup load out instead of just being the weapon. As usual I'll hold my full judgement for after the beta when we get to try them out but I'm just not comfortable with how they're doing this (I'd rather have the Tank Hunter's rifle be the pickup then actually get a loadout based on it). The only real good thing I heard in the videos was that these are on a reasonable re-spawn timer and they're tied to flags (and hard to find at that). Sadly thought it will only be a matter of time before everyone knows there spawn locations so they'll be farmed extensively (thankfully I plan on learning and sticking to air combat, the planes just look like so much fun to use in this game. Well that and mastering the horse).

Until I see them in the Beta, I just don't see them being super effective at anything solo. They can help clear out and cap a point maybe. The flamethrower guy can take out a few assault class, but he'll get murdered by medics, supports, and scouts with relative ease. And the sentry's inability to wear a gas mask seems to be a pretty fatal weakness depending on his HP pool. These three classes just seem to be minor beefed up versions of Assault, Support, and Scout. If they had a medic elite that could super heal, that would probably be OP. Playing BFBC2: Vientam, the flame thrower in this game is a lot weaker in range and power. Plus it takes forever to get its max range.

Face to face elite vs. reg you're going to lose against its strengths no doubt. It just seems to be a good way for lesser skilled players to get a nice little streak going if their in the right place at the right time. The hate I see the most on these classes is exactly that too. Noobs getting a few easy kills, and how they don't deserve these pick ups when someone more effective could use them. Then again I think these people are overestimating the functionality of these. The Behemoths will be more tide turning.

Then again I'm strictly thinking about Conquest. You'll have to cap the point, and transport these guys to places you need them. Easier said than done. If these classes are in smaller modes, then yeah, I can see the issue arising. They could be more advantageous in Rush, but I don't think they'll be in that mode. I do look forward to getting in on both modes during the beta.

I wonder if there will be other limitations with the elite classes that haven't been revealed yet. That flamethrower guy looks heavy and slow, I don't see how he could effectively ride a horse.

7 hours ago, Strider Hiryu said:

WALL-E (I forget it's actual name) isn't really that powerful unless you know how to use it, the .50cal Sniper is a bitch but honestly no worse then dealing with a normal sniper (with the exception of the one shot kill anywhere)

I never got the chance to even try WALL-E. I even camped the spot it spawned at on numerous occasions. Nobody would be there until 30 seconds before it spawned then an entire mini battle would happen with 2-3 people from both teams knowing exactly when it would respawn. If the elite classes in BF1 spawn in the same 'hard to find, but once found, always there' locations we'll have the same thing happen.

That .50 cal sniper was my favorite battle pickup. I always got a guaranteed 3-4 kills with. :D The MLG 320 was brutal in tight spots. I'd just spam those grenades and accidentally kill people.

On another note, I noticed the flare gun is like a more powerful proximity mine. It will spot people on the minimap in its radius. That's gonna be pretty useful when you're trying to cap 1v1 and you cant find where the person is hiding preventing the flag from lowering. Of course I'm guilty of doing that myself. XD

18 hours ago, DeathscytheX said:

They could be more advantageous in Rush, but I don't think they'll be in that mode. I do look forward to getting in on both modes during the beta.

I honestly can't see why they wouldn't be in Rush. It'd be retarded to build these classes up and then limit what modes they/re in (and the only one I think they'd be left out of would be TDM as they would be rather unfair to go up against, then again I watched Level's video on the Flame Trooper today and he got smoked pretty quickly while playing it (I mean it took less then a minute to drop him but that flamethrower is OP if it gets a chance to hit you)). Again until we get our hands on them I'll reserve my judgment.

The Flare Gun is pretty op by what I've seen and it lasts for quite awhile as well, then again it needs to be with the changes to spotting. No more hiding in corners on the point for me anymore XD (I'm bad at doing it in BF4).

Edited by Strider Hiryu
Grammer is kicking my ass tonight

Lmao, I always loved hiding in a room, watching a tank pull up and cap the point, and roll off. Sometimes they'd stop and reverse when they noticed the flag going back down and started shooting randomly at buildings. With destruction 2.0 back it's going to be harder even without the flare gun. But at least TNT is in the game. I'll be trolling tanks like always. 

I loved hiding just outside the cap radius. I'd let the tank roll in, cap it and then wait until he was halfway to the next flag and start capping just to neutralize it. Half of them would turn around and come back, but by then I'd have already prepped a c4 jeep and been waiting to spring my trap. I suicided often. XD

http://www.vg247.com/2016/08/24/battlefield-1-premium-pass-includes-four-expansions-new-armies/

As predicted there will be a premium pass. I'm not surprised or disappointed since this is EA we're talking about. The only real surprise is that with almost every other FPS switching to the Free DLC/Map Pack formula that they're actually sticking to this. Though I doubt it'll hurt player numbers it's just a surprising move on their part.

I was surprised they're doing this. It'll separate alot of the player base that don't buy the pass tho. But as long as we're all playing within the time fame of the DLC's releases it'll be some damn good fun. I know I'll buy the pass like I did with BF3 and BF4. I wish I didn't have to. They could have made the game $79 base instead and included all future DLC and I think they'd have gotten alot better PR from that.