DeathscytheX

Battlefield 1

I don't think it will get nerfed... but I know people will cry after the beta about it. We're only seeing a compilation video So its kinda hard to compare. Mag size is going to make a difference. Plus if their variance in map sizes is true, then sniping would be at a bigger disadvantage on the map bigger than Caspian, and small maps. I doubt sniping will be as deadly on console as well. I think the current map could be considered a medium-large map where they could test out everything the best. I've wall hugged and stayed in buildings to cap forever, These people out in the open are kinda silly. Maybe it just me, I try not to run out in open field much unless I absolutely have to.

The best thing about the new wall-climb feature is that its going to make it even harder to camp. No more camping in the corner now that someone can just jump the wall and get you. But it also provides a quick get away from snipers instead of having to run all the way around the structure leaving yourself vulnerable to a lead off shot.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Matt makes it look easy, it's honestly not that easy to snipe by what I've seen (and I was watching the stream he used to tape that, he missed quite a bit before landing most of his shots. On average most of his kills took 2-4 shots to kill someone, those 1-2 shot kills were because he was either in the sweet spot/got a headshot (which isn't a guaranteed kill anymore)/enemy was already wounded). They won't nerf sniping in the least, there's no need for it. Snipers are going to be the bread and butter on squads now with Assault, Medic and Support will be more of a niche class now (based on what I've seen, console might be different). The biggest gripe people are going to have is the fact that they can't be gods on Medic like they were on Assault in BF4 (though those semi-auto's are awesome imo). No more having automatic weapons and healing at the same time.

After awhile that's all you have. While most buildings can't be fully demolished after awhile good cover becomes quite scarce. Plus with the more close range engagement distances sitting in cover and shooting is honestly a waste of time unless you are sniping (and even then you're looking at 100-200 meter engagement distances for most of the bolt-action rifles, less if you don't have a magnified scope). Flags cap so quick now (with 2-3 people on them) that you can just stay in the open and move shortly after the cap. BF1 is more of a mobile infantry game now then BF4 ever was, camping (while I'm sure we'll still see it) is a thing of the past. Most campers I see on Matt's stream are usually in light tanks holding a point or heavy tanks acting as cover for troops to move behind them. The land ships (Mark V's) are usually the tanks you'll see being extremely mobile, moving from place to place.

Then again as I said this is all based off the PC gameplay we've seen. As we know console matches are a lot different then PC matches so the meta for us will probably be extremely different from what we've seen so far.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I've seen the disparity the SMGs present. Their TTK is MW2 like at 10m or less and becomes halo-esque TTK after that. Assault is a tank buster, cqc room clearer first and foremost. They're no longer the god tier class, but they have a big place in the game still. I'm loving this class rebalance. Assault and support caps, medics keep people alive and do a bit of both medium off point engagements and cap, recon clears the area for assault to cap and takes out whom ever support has suppressed.

I was thinking about this earlier.. with medics reviving with full heals every time, 1-2 kill instant shots aren't nearly as devastating if that enemy has a squad mate nearby to revive them almost immediately. This game will have minimal camping with how these classes are being rebalanced.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Always bayonet charge thru closed doors but don't do that charge when running long distances because you'll only screw yourself with the slow down animation. And I didn't notice it in the other videos but anti tank rifles must be bipoded on something to be used. I was assuming I'd be using that thing like an rpg on occasion, but having to prone or mount it on a wall for every use will take a bit to get used to. That slide looks alot like the slide we had in destiny and in the newer wolfenstein game. I'm sure it will combo well with a shotgun from my experience with those other games.

I remember seeing speculated that the rocket gun could only be used in prone before any videos and I noticed in every video its been used prone. :P The Bayonet charge through the door is awesome and so is the tank spitting out med packs. I'll def be using the sharpshooter scope rather than the marksman to avoid the glint.

Even though he didn't mention it I believe the landship (if not it's the heavy tank, I don't fully remember) spits out Ammo Boxes as well making both tanks carry secondary roles. The slide thing is cool but I doubt I'll ever use it. Meh, I'll stick to marksman scopes even with the glint. I probably wouldn't hit the broadside of a barn with a sharpshooter scope (plus I really don't like most of the current sights in the alpha, the magnified ones are the only ones I really like).

A lot of players are hoping they'll change the res mechanic to act similar to the defibs in BF4 (I know Matt and Level have mentioned it in videos). Who knows if it'll happen but I know some have called for it to be changed (then again a lot of people won't wait to have a medic res them since you can speed up you spawn time now hence why I haven't seen many people play medic while watching Matt and XFactor's streams).

10 hours ago, DeathscytheX said:

I've seen the disparity the SMGs present. Their TTK is MW2 like at 10m or less and becomes halo-esque TTK after that.

About the only good SMG I've seen is the Automatica (or the Beretta M1918 as it's actually known, the one with the vertical mag). It has great hip fire accuracy and unlike the MP-18 it actually has great mid-range accuracy. I've seen Matt drop people at some pretty impressive distances with it. Still not as good as the SMG's we're used to from BF4 but it's probably the one you'll see a lot of people gravitate towards for close to mid-range combat (if they can get over the whole vertical magazine, that thing blocks so much of you're LOS that it's not funny).

I don't think they should nerf the 100% insta-heal when there is 100% dmg body shots. Thats the trade off. Take out the medic first. If they do any changes they could make the animation longer to revive. Everything is faster in this game... melee kills are damn near instantaneous. I saw that 2 hatchet hits from the front or size is a kill and it only takes 2 seconds to pull it off.

On another note, I saw the BAR on the leaked weapons list.... I'll be grinding support for that bad boy... screw the lewis gun everyone is gushing over. XD I have a feeling I'll be favoring a lot of John Browning's stuff in this game. 

Honestly I'm ok with whatever they decide for the revive. I'm so used to charging the defibs from BF4 (I primarily play Assault now, I love all those healing and revive points) it wouldn't bug me if they made us charge the needle (or I guess draw revive fluid (?) from a vial). I wanna know where all these melee weapons are. I know it's an alpha and not everything is in but I'm really hoping they deliver on that promise of multiple melee weapons (I really wanna get my hands on that spiked mace and the sword). The hatchet is cool (so is the shovel) but I'm getting sick of seeing the same take down animations over and over again.

I was excited to hear the BAR was going to be in this. That was my go to MG in World at War (until I got the MG42 unlocked). I wonder what type of variations we'll get since that 20 round mag is going to severely limit engagement times and killing potential (unless the thing hits like a truck and can down people in 3-4 shots).

I was looking at the sniper scope glint in a couple videos and its hardly anything compared to the bf4 scope glint. I'll be using the marksman scopes almost exclusively. It looks to be about the same zoom distance as the variable scope 14x I loved using in bf4.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the sniping actually feels. If the drag and drop is anything like the Cycler Rifle in battlefront, people are gonna get ill with me. XD A friend and myself started drag scoping people at close range with it as a joke when we got bored with the game. We actually pulled off positive records all the while laughing hysterically because of how bad the CR was. I'd stay its scope is about what the sharpshooters is in magnification.

Not an informative video and all the chatter reminds me of the one pewdiepie video I watched, ehh. But it does show some great plane teamwork and sniper footage. I now want to get in one of these planes and fly all over the place. The extra gunner seat should really balance out flying so ace pilots don't dominate nearly as much. I say that, but I'm sure they'll still own me. But at least it'll be more fun. XD

That was some great sniping. Operations is going to be extremely fun. The only problem I could see happening tho is if one team wins easily at the beginning, alot of people might just drop out and the remaining two matches afterwards could be lopsided as all hell with a bunch of randoms jumping in off and on. And at the same time, if a bunch of people jump out and the server rebalances the teams inbetween matches.. it would suck to feel like you were really pushing the team and owning to all of a sudden be on the defense team in the next round. That would break the immersion pretty bad.

Operations is probably DICE's answer to the 300% ticket servers. But balancing will have to have a lot of work. Instead of rebalance, they need to make some code priority to just funnel people in first. Otherwise more people will leave if they get swapped to the other team.

If you can see the last map behind you. I'm speculating that it will be a 3 map set up and the chains will always be the same. I say this because of the spawn screen. Its basically a map in itself with borders and whatnot. I want this to be true, because if I'm right, there is the possibility for custom servers to go even further than a 300% ticket match. There could be a rule where you must push the other team to their map and win. With 3 maps, the western map would belong to team 1, and team two would have the eastern map. The middle map would be a battle ground to advance to the other team's map. Under normal rules, it would be best of 3, but if there is a setting to make it endless until someone is victorious by winning on the map that advances past the middle map, you could have 5-6 hour battles. XDXD XD.

1 hour ago, DeathscytheX said:

if there is a setting to make it endless until someone is victorious by winning on the map that advances past the middle map, you could have 5-6 hour battles. XDXD XD.

Oh hell no, I have a problem with 400% ticket Metro servers lasting up to two hours (and they're all I play now). 5-6 hours would make me cry (and remind me of my old Halo LAN days where a CTF match could last up to 8 hours (and one did)). Even if that doesn't end up being true we're still looking at up to 2 hours depending on how good the defending team is (sounds more like it's Rush on a grander scale with the map only changing if the attacking team captures all defensive points (which, considering the tug-of-war play style, could be extremely hard to do since the defending team can recapture the point).

I sense Operations mode is going to cause almost everyone to come in with pre-made squads and hell maybe even pre-made teams due to the teamwork required to play this mode (not complaining, I'm a huge fan of making teamwork more of a priority which is why I love what they're doing with BF1). Will be interesting to see if this game mode really takes off.

I won't touch the re-balancing issue. My opinions on it aren't exactly viewed upon with approving eyes (I'm all for it, it's the only way to keep teams fair when one side looses chunks of their team. I'll get lynched for this but if you're doing good on the winning side why can't you be that good on the loosing side. Just because you're side changes doesn't mean you're going to suck. Yea you'll probably still loose (honestly, who cares about win/loss ratio (mine is so bad in BF4 that I just laugh at it everytime I see it)) but whats stopping you from aiming for that top spot by playing the objective). My only opinion is it'll most likely still be a problem in BF1 because we're still using the same engine and it was still around in Hardline.

Because people care about their W/L ratio too much -_-; It even happens in Overwatch... People leave after 1 loss. Generally the winning team stays together and keeps wiping the floor with the team that keeps getting reshuffled with new people... sometimes someone on the winning team will get swapped over, and they'll leave before the match starts. Except for me.... I'll get in on a good pub, win 1-2 time and then get put on the other team and lose 5 straight... Or 1 person will leave causing the server to determine that there isn't "enough players" and it will queue without starting a match until it gives up and reinstances you. -_-; It happens on every competitive game ever, and its really stupid.

9 hours ago, Strider Hiryu said:

I won't touch the re-balancing issue. My opinions on it aren't exactly viewed upon with approving eyes (I'm all for it, it's the only way to keep teams fair when one side looses chunks of their team. I'll get lynched for this but if you're doing good on the winning side why can't you be that good on the loosing side. Just because you're side changes doesn't mean you're going to suck. Yea you'll probably still loose (honestly, who cares about win/loss ratio (mine is so bad in BF4 that I just laugh at it everytime I see it)) but whats stopping you from aiming for that top spot by playing the objective). My only opinion is it'll most likely still be a problem in BF1 because we're still using the same engine and it was still around in Hardline.

I had a really good experience in BF4 on my last match that reinforces what you're saying. If you're good it doesn't matter what team you're on as long as the balance is right. I know alot of changes were made to BF4 as a precursor to BF1's roll out. On my last game of conquest I got a pop up message telling me "You were placed on this team based on your skill" or something like that. First time I've ever seen that message. Even tho half the other team was level 110+ players, I came in third place on my team with points and we only lost by 12 tickets. A good chunk of my team was level 60s+ like myself with about ten or so level 110+s, That was the most balanced game I've seen in BF4 in a long time. I think it was on a custom server too. They must have changed the server rental rules or something so that if you want "official server" status you have to have balancing turned on so the admin can't stack a team in their own favor. I could be wrong on that assumption but I hope thats the case. And playing the objective gives you a crap ton more points than just killing people.

The option for being placed on a team based on skill has been in the game since I believe the Final Stand DLC (if not it came in shortly after). Due to my skill rating (which dropped 10 points the other day because my team got steamrolled and I wasn't at the top of my game) I'm constantly placed on the loosing side and I honestly have no complaints. Why? I'm a master medic and I wrack in shit tons of points because I'm that guy running around the map reviving dead teammates, dropping medkits, and wiping the floor with enemies trying to kill those under my watch (plus I have completely fallen in love with the M416, that gun is amazing). I think every match I've played over the last week I've walked out with at least one Medkit Medal (I average 40 Medkit ribbons a match, it's nuts). Of course this only works since I play 400% ticket Metro servers so the game is pretty much a bottleneck at the B flag so the battlefield doesn't really change much (unless you are with or against a team that's good at getting players across the battle line and ninja capping the other teams gimme flag) and I think I'm generally the most loved squad mate when I play, I constantly see thank you's popping up left and right every time I rez or heal someone and, as I said before, I'm consistently the top medic (and now that I'm back into the groove of things I usually in the top 10 based on points alone (I average about 20 kills a match but who cares, it's all about those free heal and res points baby)).

11 hours ago, DeathscytheX said:

Because people care about their W/L ratio too much -_-; It even happens in Overwatch... People leave after 1 loss. Generally the winning team stays together and keeps wiping the floor with the team that keeps getting reshuffled with new people... sometimes someone on the winning team will get swapped over, and they'll leave before the match starts. Except for me.... I'll get in on a good pub, win 1-2 time and then get put on the other team and lose 5 straight... Or 1 person will leave causing the server to determine that there isn't "enough players" and it will queue without starting a match until it gives up and reinstances you. -_-; It happens on every competitive game ever, and its really stupid.

Shit, I saw this all the time during the beta. It's honestly sickening that people get that worked up about their W/L ratio. It's just a freaking number, grow up already. I always stay in matches whether I'm loosing or not because it's not fair to the others playing when you get all pissy and leave because you lost a match. Honestly, by what I've seen, you don't really lose that much when you loose a competitive round if you're fighting people around the same rank (I don't know how severe it is if you loose to a team better ranked then you or vice versa) so it's not like you're really loosing that much. Then again I guess I'm just not a hardcore gamer anymore (I was a diehard K/D nut in MW2, if my K/D was below a 1.0 I would rage (you could ask my old roommate, it was bad). Luckily I grew out of that when I stopped taking the game seriously and started the Rocket Launcher/RPG suicide loadout (oh the fun I had with that)) since I don't take shit like this seriously anymore. Does it get frustrating to lose? Yes but that doesn't mean you need to act like a child and rage quit when you do. It's just a game, man up and put your big boy panties on.

There's a skill rating in BF4? Lol. I forgot all about that. I'm guessing that's what's determining the balance now. I need to check my battlelog and see what my skill level is at. In going to miss not having my airburst and UCAV in BF1. Those were my favorite weapons introduced in BF4.

We're getting a new Battlefield UI with Battlefield 1, but we'll get to see the beta of it in BF4:

We're always looking for new ways to improve your Battlefield experience. While we're currently hard at work creating Battlefield 1, we still want to improve the experience for past Battlefield games – changes that will help unite Battlefield players regardless of whether they're playing Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, or Battlefield 1 in October. That's why we're happy to introduce something that will provide a more intuitive and centralized experience.

The new Battlefield user interface is designed to improve the experience of playing with friends and to bring relevant content to your attention.

Now, you're able to create a Squad before you actually enter into a game. Being able to join up with your friends and join into a game together makes it a much smoother experience, and helps make sure you're able to spawn on your buddies as soon as you're in the game. 

There are other changes as well that you'll want to see for yourself, like a recommendation engine to suggest maps, modes, and more, giving you a more relevant and fine-tuned experience that quickly gets you to the things you want to do.

This new UI is currently rolling out in beta form in Battlefield 4 for a small audience, and we’ll have more information on additional testing opportunities in the coming months. This will also be released with Battlefield 1 (and Battlefield Hardline soon after that). Once it's rolled out for all three games, you'll be able to easily swap between the games as long as you own them. Want to jump from St. Quentin Scar in Battlefield 1 to the skyscrapers of Shanghai in Battlefield 4? It'll be easier than ever.

This is pretty cool. I like the concept but I doubt that many people will actually keep all these Battlefield games installed simultaneously considering how much space each takes up on a limited hard drive like a PS4's 500 GB.

https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/new-battlefield-ui

That mortar better be an actual support class item and not a battle pickup. As long as it is, I'll mortar the hell out of people. :D I loved the mortar in BF3 and BF4. So many people undervalued it, but I got plenty of kills with it. Of course that could change with the lack of enemies showing up on the mini map now unless they are spotted. But I'm going to assume the range is alot less and it might actually be fired with line of sight only or blind firing. It'll be interesting to see how the interface will be without the mini screen used to aim like in the previous games.

You know it'll be a support gadget, there's no way they'd take it away from support (especially considering how underwhelming support is in this game (from what I've seen from closed alpha, support players were slim to none is almost every game Matt played)). Plus honestly making it a battle pick-up is kind of retarded. Undervalued? What game were you playing? My god the mortar spam in 4 made me hate the gadget with a passion (I only used it to get the RPK unlock assignment done). God you can't take a step outside on a Locker match without getting bombarded by 5 different mortars. Mortars are the main reason I don't play Locker servers anymore (and Locker is one of my favorite maps from BF4) and stick to Metro servers (thank god Metro Conquest is in a subway, I can only imagine how bad the mortar spam is on the Rush variant).

My question is will the anti-armor rifle be a battle pick-up or not. I'd really like to get my hands on it but if it's as good as it looks it's going to be extremely hard to get it if it's a battle pick-up (like the railgun in BF4, you'd have a better chance of finding gold at the end of a rainbow then you would finding the railgun (and I say this knowing where it spawns on all Final Stand maps)).