DeathscytheX

Battlefield 1

I looked up my K/D on BF4 yesterday. I'm at 1.01 XD Its probably because I got bored and starting doing things like get EOD bot only kills for entire rounds in conquest. XD And I went through a C4 phase where I'd try and blow up everything. There were alot of jeeps involved with that. XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

8 hours ago, DeathscytheX said:

Thats my thing. Just because someone has a 5.0 K/D doesn't neccessarily mean they can make a better video than someone with a 2.0 K/D. I find it funny how these people judge tubers, because the majority of them probably don't have 2.0 K/Ds either. I fell in love with BF on BF2. My K/D was .58 or something. XD I was new to FPS for the most part, but finding a game that let me contribute despite being shitting at gun fights got me hooked. I loved playing engineer and repairing everything I could... its also where I developed my love of placing C4 around flags and blowing people up when they tried to cap. It use to be the only way I could get reliable kills before it became my sadistic hobby to troll people with. XD It's probably good that we went back to WWI, I wont be wasting my time trying to troll choppers with RPGs anymore which, while fun, wasn't as productive to the team as my C4 trolls were.

XD, reminds me of when I started playing COD4 when the beta was released (my first shooter with online capabilities, I did play Halo but I didn't have a connection for my XBox when Halo 2 came out). My K/D was atrocious the first day, like .2 or something. I think I got it up to a .9 before the beta ended but I was extremely bad when I first started (this was also well before my shotgun camping days because I never used the shotgun in the beta).

But the airplanes DX, we need you to troll those while we capture the points XD Plus you need to troll the Behemoth. That's it I'm requesting an RPG for this game just for you, we need the anti-air zones you create XD

1 hour ago, Sledgstone said:

I looked up my K/D on BF4 yesterday. I'm at 1.01 XD Its probably because I got bored and starting doing things like get EOD bot only kills for entire rounds in conquest. XD And I went through a C4 phase where I'd try and blow up everything. There were alot of jeeps involved with that. XD

The only reason my K/D is so high is because I play Metro/Locker only servers when I get on (set to 400% tickets, it's basically a kill farming simulator). If I still played the actual game my K/D would probably be around what yours is because I'd just run around and do stupid shit (I'm a huge fan of playing Engineer and trolling people with the SMAW in normal matches). At least you were using Jeep Stuff for its intended purpose XD

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

My COD4 K/D was a .9 as well by the time I stopped playing it. XD I was so bad at first, I'd be lucky to get 2 kills a match. All that shittyness couldn't be fixed by any amount of positive finishes. Before BF2 and COD4, Unreal Tournament was really the only FPS I ever played, and in that it was easy to get kills because of all the insane weapons like the ripper. Aiming wasn't required for the majority of the guns.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

All these changes sound amazing to me. Especially the smg and lmg changes. Sure it'll piss off some people who can perfectly adjust their aim to compensate for recoil. I've seen plenty of videos (battlefield and counter strike) where people will take every smg or lmg they have unlocked, aim and fire against walls, learn the recoil pattern and then teach themselves through muscle memory to perfectly adjust their aim to compensate for that recoil and be able to readjust their aim immediately after firing to then not be aiming at the floor or ceiling after a kill. Its one of those things that separates the hardcore player from the casual. With that kind of control on a smg, lmg, assault rifles, etc, they can kill just about anyone from any distance with precision and not need a bipod. While I'm glad people who can get really good at a game can prosper, it really makes the game lopsided in terms of balance when a gun that is designed for medium range, when used in the right hands, can kill at sniping distance at full auto with a 300 mag extended clip. I've seen this in BF3 and BF4 and it negates the role those guns are made for. To make that recoil pattern go into rng spray mode at distance is a great move imo. It'll make the game more challenging and quite a bit more balanced. (I'm sure pro players or MLG people will complain about this) Same with the huge velocity drop for sniper rifle rounds at long range. Once people are aware of it, they'll use the guns how they were meant to be used while still being enjoyable and not exploitable.

The balance does sound better. Despite what he said about the AK, the DMR's were king in BF4 by the time I stopped playing it. I remember no one would beat me face to face, I'd only get killed from the back or side caught of guard. I could rail someone with 3 shots before they could spray enough bullets out of their auto to kill me. I could also blast snipers by shooting at their lens flare with the same amount of bullets. Just about all games have this problem... and it unleashed the trend of nerfing the ass out of ARs like Destiny and COD currently does. BF1 just took the damn gun type out of the game via time period. Hopefully the maps will mix it up to where some gun types just don't prosper like others forcing people to switch it up. Fog already takes snipers out of the equation. I was reading on reddit the boatload of points you get for capping right now. While that is great, they said defending still gives you hardly anything. I think they should shave some points off caps and give it to defends, otherwise you'll have a GW2 EoTM effect where everyone just trains around maps and flips points on 300% ticket servers. Its good they are neutering kills, I think this is a valuable lesson they learned from Battlefront. Kills should only matter if thats what the game mode is. Nothing was more fustrating than losing Supremacy and some asshat was 99-1 on your team.

17 hours ago, DeathscytheX said:

I was reading on reddit the boatload of points you get for capping right now. While that is great, they said defending still gives you hardly anything. I think they should shave some points off caps and give it to defends, otherwise you'll have a GW2 EoTM effect where everyone just trains around maps and flips points on 300% ticket servers. Its good they are neutering kills, I think this is a valuable lesson they learned from Battlefront. Kills should only matter if thats what the game mode is. Nothing was more fustrating than losing Supremacy and some asshat was 99-1 on your team.

They changed it in BF4 a few months ago to do this and it actually helped in getting people to PTFO as there was no reason to farm kills anymore (it's 400 points on flag cap + whatever you get for each tick on taking and securing it). You still have you're ass hats that just go for kills but I noticed a pretty major shift in team play once this patch hit BF4 (which is why I'm happy to see they kept this idea for BF1 and even happier that they neutered the points for kills). I honestly don't care about points on defended because really you're not capturing the flag so why should you be given more points to defend it (just my opinion). Honestly, by the looks of the livestream play, it seems you need to defend points to gain score since we're no longer on a ticket bleed (which I'm really happy to see, should make games go a lot quicker). Then again this is Battlefield we're talking about so you'll probably still have streams of people just running between points to recapture them.

Honestly I still don't know how to take the changes for LMG's since that's my major play style. I get that the guns shouldn't be laser accurate (and honestly most of them in BF4 aren't, the AWS is the only real one that I've actually seen people snipe with (I've done it myself)) but I'm honestly seeing no reason to run as support outside of ammo packs. Then again LMG's were originally invented for troop suppression and covering fire, they weren't really made for killing unless the enemy was right in front of you. Meh, once the beta hits I'll see what I really think. SMG changes I actually agree with because some of those SMG's in BF4 were a little to accurate at longer ranges for my liking.

With the up close play style bf1 will have I bet support won't have a problem getting crazy kills with their machine guns. With the changes to sniping it'll eliminate all the edge of the map players. Every game in bf4 on a large map would always have at least 5 snipers on both teams at the far edges and on average at least another 5 players on each team that would run around the edges of the maps to kill those snipers. Out of 64 players around 20 players at any given point in time will not be playing the objective at all and will either be on the edges of the maps or on the spawn screen waiting for a vehicle. With the changes in bf1 we're going to see alot more infantry. Even with some of these maps being the biggest in battlefield history I bet we'll see alot more action. And the more players PTFO I think the smg and lmg change will be needed or else it could dominate to much by just mowing everyone down. As long as accuracy is still there with a bipod I bet it'll work out good. I loved playing support class with my AWS. It was one of the few lmgs I liked using without a bipod. 

I think the bullet spread is going to be toned down a bit... but I hope the system as a whole stays. That's how real guns work, that's how grouping works. You only have so much control over your shots and there is no set pattern. I think this is what they are trying to go for, and its why SMGs are able to be toned down reasonably. The game is still in alpha so a lot will probably change with the spread system. LMGs also overheat from what I've heard and having too much spread along with that will hamper them too much. Hopefully there will be a bi-pod system to make them strong when in cover or prone. I'll probably play a mix of everything, but Assault and Recon will take up most my time. I'll always be a tank buster at heart, I always have been, always will be. I'll play medic for those semi-autos alone though.

That tank rifle looked great. For reference, it is shown at 1:24, 4:36, and 6:37 in that video. I'll have to send that one to my brother so he can see how it works.

The 10 details video was really informative. The no sniper scope glint in rain or fog makes alot of sense. Everyone having a parachute is good to know. But with parachutes only being deployable at later rates means all the good days of jumping off a 3 story building and taking no damage are over. No class specific weapons is pretty huge. I really got used to having a go to carbine or shotgun for close quarters matches while still having the load outs of the class I wanted to use. I'm glad they're getting rid of visual recoil. I got used to it in BF4, but it really serves no purpose except for giving people motion sickness imo.

Heres a good video showing the differences.. Don't look at the weapon recoil, look at the building itself that is being shot at. All that visual bouncing is unnecessary. Everyone is generally focused on what is exactly in the ADS portion of the screen so its not as noticeable, but that part of the screen bouncing everywhere just gives unnecessary eye strain.

10 hours ago, Sledgstone said:

No class specific weapons is pretty huge. I really got used to having a go to carbine or shotgun for close quarters matches while still having the load outs of the class I wanted to use.

They've gone back to their roots on this. When I played BF2 it was like this. It wasn't till recently where there were certain weapons could cross classes. I would say they should let shotguns cross classes still because its such a niche weapon. But each class is going to play a definitive role. This will stop the all assault squads or 4 assault 1 support which was super OP in BF4 tbh. Assault was also the medic, which should have never been in the same class. The only reason I didn't run assault is because I was one of the only ones acting as a mobile SAM with my RPG. XD While it was mostly for fun, it really helped on the few maps choppers dominated on cap support like Zavod 311.

The glint makes total sense. Snipers will be most deadly in the rain and at night which will be at random. The fog will be limiting, and the day will give away their position at the cost of max range lethality. You wont be able to CQC recon anymore, unless you're a fantastic shot and its only 1v1. At least support class gets some love with their lack of weapon choice. Support keeps the same abilities in BF4 along with the engineers repair tool. I'm not quite sold on the LMGs yet unless the BAR makes an appearance as it was invented in 1918. If there is a BAR, DICE will do it justice and it will def be the reason I play Support.

One thing I really hope for is time appropriate loading screens. This was my absolute favorite in BFBC2: Vietnam.

With self repair, the medic's repair tool wont be used often probably. Unless you're in a 3 man bomber and treat it like the little bird with 2 engineers in BF4 XD. The smaller medpac has a real advantage this go around. It will be interesting to see if that 100% insta-revive sticks.

On 7/5/2016 at 7:46 PM, Sledgstone said:

Damn I want to try this game now. In that last video that machine gun he was using really showed the rng bullet spread nerf to me. He had no problem landing shots but not enough accuracy to put everyone down unless he closed the gap.

The one awesome thing about LMG's in BF1 that I originally didn't know is these things get more accurate the longer you hold the trigger down (though the mag sizes don't really play well with this mechanic). There's still a noticeable spread but as long as you use you're bipod the LMG's are devastating. I'm really happy about this even if I don't think I'll be playing Support that often, I'm really liking the new Medic style of gameplay and I'm loving the Scout class gameplay as well.

I don't ever see a reason to use the Mechanic's repair tool. You're better off staying in the vehicle and repairing it (you get more protection that way). I really like how vehicles no longer spawn on the map (with the exception of armored cars) and that there is only one class that can repair them (and you have to spawn in as the driver to be said class). I was watching X and Mat play last night since the NDA got lifted and they can stream it now. I'm really liking what I see from BF1 and am really happy that the game is even more skill based now. Vehicle gameplay looks amazing (I think I'll finally be able to pilot of plane for the first time ever in a BF title), I'm loving the looks of the Medic and Scout gameplay, and I really like the changes to the Conquest game mode (finally it's not liked to tickets so kills mean absolutely nothing now, hooray for actually forcing team play and PTFO). I can't wait for the beta to go live, I really want to get my hands on this game (waiting to pre-order it until I've actually played it, want to make sure it's worth the pre-order).

Edited by Strider Hiryu