DeathscytheX

Battlefield 1

I caught the last half of the second game and the entire 3Rd game in the live stream and I loved it. I'm feeling the hype. No more C4 but those tank grenades were beastly.

The weather effects will definitely change the dynamic of the game. I love my sniping but if it'll remove planes from being a dominant aspect of the game then I'm all for it.

I noticed there was still some clipping issues impeding jumping over some destroyed terrain but the overall movement of everyone looked really smooth. 

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I'm overly happy with everything I saw during the live stream (though I wasn't impressed with their way of showing it, they were switching views to fast to really get a feel for anything).

Gun play looks amazing and I like the idea of sniper scopes on the semi-auto's. Gives you a chance to actually play a bit of range while using them and still have the ability to hip fire them at close range effectively. Liking the SMG's as well but I'm a little iffy on the LMG's (Support is my favorite class in BF so I'm very particular about the guns they use). Yea I know we're limited on what guns we use but I'm still a little put off by them. I can also guarantee that I won't be sniping in this one. I'm horrendous at sniping in BF4 and with the scopes they had available during WWI I'm going to be even worse.

I like the looks of the tank play as well. Having multiple people in a tank is going to be amazing though I wonder how well it's going to work on console with communication only being available in squads (going to be really hard to coordinate with the driver and other gunners if you're all in separate squads, hopefully they can implement a VOIP like PC users get for us console players). The airship is going to be a lot of fun, I can sense it. Plus the ability to control it and the knowledge that having it crash can drastically change the battlefield is awesome. Dynamic weather is going to be awesome as well because I like the idea of going into battle on a sunny day and then it all of a sudden changes into a thunderstorm or having fog roll in (which I totally see, like DX pointed out, that it's going to be the number one thing players complain about).

I'm seriously hyped now. Can't wait to see more game play footage come out in the next few days from the youtubers at the event (I already watched Jack's video (right after the live stream actually) and was rather impressed by what I saw). I'll definitely be pre-ordering this once I get the money for it (or I can just con the money out of family since the game does come out three days after my birthday).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I suck at flying... but all the little details in the cockpit view was amazing... including the engine going. Maybe since its slower paced, I can get the hang of it and enjoy it. XD

They started out good with the coverage and then it went to crap.... they kept zoning in on people right as they died over and over again and then going to areal view instead of going to another player. There were 64 people playing and they only focused on a small few.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Heh, I suck at flying as well but I might give it another go. Who knows if I still suck I'll just be your backseat gunner, I'm really good at doing those sort of things XD

I actually had to agree with one of the people in chat which was to follow XFactor because he was pretty much the only one who stayed alive long enough to show anything interesting (besides Jack, Matimi0, and Stonemountain). Honestly I was getting sick of the aerial views, yes the map was beautiful but we don't need to continually see it. We wanted actual game play, not scenic views and people dying over and over again. Still mad that Neebs team lost though, was really rooting for them (he probably would of won had he not lost Level and those two others he mentioned in the interview after).

Sniping looks like alot of fun, but Jackfrags video makes it look like just about every weapon has the same range and accuracy. It seems almost pointless to take a sniper rifle when every weapon can put someone down at distance with just an extra couple bullets.

2 hours ago, Strider Hiryu said:

I like the looks of the tank play as well. Having multiple people in a tank is going to be amazing though I wonder how well it's going to work on console with communication only being available in squads (going to be really hard to coordinate with the driver and other gunners if you're all in separate squads, hopefully they can implement a VOIP like PC users get for us console players).

Whenever I was playing solo, I never talked with anyone with my headset. Instead I used that built in preset messages and it worked out pretty good. It was the spot button I think. If I was in a tank and needed a gunner, I'd look at some guy I was driving by, hit spot on them and I'd hear "hey, get in!" or something like that. Same with a tank driving by me, "I need a ride!" Sometimes people would listen and stop to let me get in. I remember if you clicked and held the button it'd give us prompts for other messages tho. "I need more ammo!" I would spam that message. XD If they have the same setup, they could easily change some of those preset messages while in specific vehicles. In a tank "Veer left!" "Behind us!", etc. I could see it working out pretty good if they do it right. Of course its not nearly fast enough communication in a fierce battle, but its better than nothing. I don't know how many people I actually drove away from when they jumped out of my tank to repair. I'd hear, "I need a ride". But I'd think.. "dumbass, why'd you even jump out." Then I blow up and see him die in the explosion as he was running behind me trying to repair as I got hit by another rpg. XD I kept thinking.. if only there was a "I'll repair you" message, this game would be alot better.

Repairing inside of the vehicle at the cost of mobility is one of the best concepts the game came up with. Nothing is more frustrating than doing a repair only to have a rando squadmate spawn on you and take your tank. You were going to be a sitting duck anyways, so it gives you the ability to keep your vehicle when you repair. I remember when I'd spawn into a tank that my squadmate just jumped out of to repair, I'd quickly swap to gunner or get out. The majority isn't courteous though. -_-;

Tanks wont be one man wrecking machines in this game tho like they were in BF4. Active Protection and Reactive armor made you unstoppable, especially if you had a good squadmate gunner that would repair you up between cool downs. With HE rounds, people that didn't have their tank unlocks were fodder. XD I remember winning 2 on 1s constantly on Golmud Railway. There should be a lot more emphasis on infantry which is great. Lopsided BF4 matches were discouraging when you team sucked so bad and the other team took all your tanks/attack boats, or just owned them all because they dominated all the cap points... those anti-tank nades seem to take anything out with 2 well placed hits, and even then taking out the treads on the big ones will be enough to slow them down. The Behemoth spawning for the team that's down is a interesting concept too, even though they lost the last match, Stonemoutain's team came back with a vengeance when it spawned for them. Once people get the hang of aiming the bombs, it will be devastating. It will be like a controllable version of the bomber on China Rising. Basically if you team loses lopsidedly, there isn't much of an excuse for it when you are given this thing. 

Sniping is def more close range, but the bullet travel is a lot faster too. I'd say twice as fast. That one guy was leading off way to much in the live broadcast, because he was use to BF4's bullet travel. I bet they limited the ranges because of those guys that post videos of their 2000m head shot while their team is down 250 tickets. XD

Ok, now that I'm seeing correct sniper gameplay (that guy in the live stream was all over the place), I'm pleased with how sniping works. The bullet travel does seem faster and since there are no advanced scopes there shouldn't be any lens flare in this game at all to give away a sniper's position. With the better bullet speed, the bullet drop will be affected quite a bit. From any height and shooting down, it looks like theres no real bullet drop which is the same as in bf3 and bf4. I'd like to see more gameplay of longer range shots to see the full bullet drop, but with how the game was playing I don't think long range sniping will be a thing at all. Aggressive recon ftw. As long as recon gets some decent accessories like a mine / claymore it could easily be my go to class.

They stated the day and age of long range sniping is gone now, they actually want us to be in medium to close range while we play (pretty much saying engage at the right distances, so no more 2000+ meter sniping thought I'm sure we'll still have those asshats that due it in 4 will still attempt it here). After watching that I feel I might actually be able to snipe in this one with the increased muzzle velocities but I get the feeling I'll be sticking more with the Medic and Assault (maybe Support if I see some better LMG play) as those are more my play style. I do like how they're making the Scout a more aggressive class now. I'm wondering what we're going to get for other gadgets as well considering that only seems to show the Flare Gun and I think the Anti-tank rounds (I get the feeling they probably won't give us dynamite for this class (that will most likely be support/assault)). They might get mines but I'm also assuming that's probably going to end up on the Assault class or even the Support (there were no claymore type weapons used during WWI (the S-Mine or better known as the Bouncing Betty hadn't been invented yet) but who knows, we may get something along those lines (or maybe a choice to rig something up that functions the same way (trip wire grenades anyone)).

Nooooooo... ;_;

4 hours ago, Strider Hiryu said:

(pretty much saying engage at the right distances, so no more 2000+ meter sniping thought I'm sure we'll still have those asshats that due it in 4 will still attempt it here)

Lol. I'll definitely try to do it. XD I remember seeing some videos of 2k hits, but I don't think its possible on the ps4 anyway so I'm sure it'll be mostly mid range from now on in BF1. The best I've ever done is just over 1k and the graphics glitch out even at that range.

I loved being able to set the range on the sniper rifles in bf4. This was set to 1k so I only had to line up a normal headshot. Took me a while to figure out that was almost exactly 1k from my location tho after getting a couple other kills around that range in the same match. Thats obviously not an option in BF1, so even attempting a 1k-2k hit would require me to aim so high above an enemy's head they'd be basically off screen. That and this shot was done with the longest ranged sniper rifle in the game. BF1 won't have anything like this. It'll be a bit refreshing to not play on the sidelines as much.

Edited by Sledgstone
added paragraph at bottom

If you look at when Jackfrags tried to snipe the plane, the curvature was insane. It barely went up and did a hard curve like a noob tube on COD. Its a very brief moment since he scopes out and start running, but you'll be able to see it if you look for it. I dont think these shots will be remotely possible with any type of skill.. it would have to be pure luck where hit someone without them even being in scope. I did however, notice the quick reload system they brought to BF4 actually works historically for this game. XD If you rewatch the sniper video and just pay attention, if you reload on empty, you'll load a clip into the mag well real fast, but if you reload before you empty, you'll put in one bullet at a time as if you were loading a pump action shotgun.

http://www.vg247.com/2016/06/13/battlefield-1-operations-mode-is-a-continuous-battle-across-multiple-maps/

Operations mode sounds crazy... hopefully it will work as intended... that one BF4 mode they tried to introduce was kinda crap. I think it was called chain link or something. XD

Chain link was an awesome game mode, sadly it didn't get the love it should of on PS4. It's probably my favorite game mode besides Conquest.

Operations mode sounds amazing and I really hope it gets implemented right. Just think of the amazing battles that we're going to have, going from one map to the next. God I absolutely can't wait for this game now.

I only played chain link twice. It really came out too late in the game's life for me. I already played so much BF4 that by the time that game mode came out I was too burned out to enjoy it. That and every map I got on was full of experts at that point. x_x

At the 7:55, 15:30 and 27:28 marks on that 44 minute gameplay video it shows the tank views and a plane view. I didn't notice it before but you can easily see where the other cannons in the tank or guns in the plane are aiming. That is such a simple little thing, but paying attention to that will easily tell you if your other vehicle partners are actually taking shots at the same target as you. Oh man, this is going to be fun.

What is your opinion on Levelcap? He gets a ton of hate on the Reddit. I don't follow him like I do Westie and Jackfrags... and a lot of players disregard him because they say he isn't as good, and he only plays one style. From what I gathered from a topic about nerfs today is that he calls for nerfs, and since he has a large following he pulls some weight in the community... even if the nerfs he calls for don't fall in line with how he plays.

Like I said, I don't know.. I'm just going off what I've seen on Reddit. When they say he isnt as good, they call him a 2.0K/D infantry only player... thats better than me. Mine has hovered around 1.6-1.8 since BF3. I don't really judge people on their KD on B/F. I've finished first place on my team going 2-30 before. I find it funny when people talk about K/D and then cry about PTFO.

Honestly I like Levelcap. His videos are made from the perspective of an infantry player which is one of the reasons I really like him as I generally play infantry. Plus his videos are extremely informative for players like me who don't spend our days crunching the numbers on what attachments are good, what weapon is the best in each class, and generally have lives that don't revolve around being elitist pricks. I honestly don't know where he gets the hate, yea he calls for nerfs but it's not like he doesn't provide information to back his reasons (he's not just an infantry player, he does play in vehicles but he prefers infantry game play (a lot like Jack does)). I mean yea some of the things he's called for nerfs on I don't agree with but then again I don't agree with a lot of the stuff Jack, XFactor, and Matimi0 think need to be changed either. I think a lot of those people are just whiny little bitches who have gotten their asses handed to them by him (he's generally at the top of his team in every match he plays, even when he's doing his Monday Loadout where he's given a gun set up from his viewers (which are usually bad set ups). Honestly, I'd say Level is a better player then Jack but that's just my opinion. Don't get me wrong Jack in an amazing player, one of the best, but I've seen Level outdo him more then once (then again I've seen normal, random players do better then Level and Jack)).

If having a 2.0 K/D playing infantry only is bad then I must be the worst damn BF player in history. My K/D is sitting at 1.44 last I checked and I play almost exclusively infantry and that's because I actually PTFO and do my job. I might not always be in the top three (hell I think I've only been in the top three like 4 times since I bought BF4) but your damn straight that I walk out of almost every match as either top support or top assault for my team.

Thats my thing. Just because someone has a 5.0 K/D doesn't neccessarily mean they can make a better video than someone with a 2.0 K/D. I find it funny how these people judge tubers, because the majority of them probably don't have 2.0 K/Ds either. I fell in love with BF on BF2. My K/D was .58 or something. XD I was new to FPS for the most part, but finding a game that let me contribute despite being shitting at gun fights got me hooked. I loved playing engineer and repairing everything I could... its also where I developed my love of placing C4 around flags and blowing people up when they tried to cap. It use to be the only way I could get reliable kills before it became my sadistic hobby to troll people with. XD It's probably good that we went back to WWI, I wont be wasting my time trying to troll choppers with RPGs anymore which, while fun, wasn't as productive to the team as my C4 trolls were.