Sledgstone

Tomb Raider Reboot, the new Lara Croft

http://nerdist.com/alicia-vikander-is-your-new-lara-croft/

Ex Machina and The Danish Girl star Alicia Vikander has signed on to star in the new prequel film series being developed over at Warner Bros, Nerdist can confirm (thanks to sources close to the film).

alicia_vikander.jpg

I liked her in Ex Machina, but she doesn't look like the new Lara Croft from the games to me. She looks skinny but not fit. Its hard for me to imagine her strangling the hell out of men and killing people like crazy. But I never thought Charlize Theron could play an action packed character either, but she nailed it in Mad Max. Maybe Alicia was a good pick. I dunno. But I hope this new Tomb Raider is actually based on the new game and is nothing like the Angelina Jolie Tomb Raider movies.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Thats the thing too. Shes only 5'5". She'll basically have to jump up to even get enough height to strangle someone. Just about any woman from the Descent movies would make a more plausible Lara Croft. Daisy Ridley was a potential Lara Croft too. I don't think she would have fit the part that well either tho.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Well Angelina Jolie is only 5'7". That's never really a concern. They make Tom Cruise taller than all his co-stars with movie magic. It's just that she looks so young and petite. They're def gonna have to put her on an athletic program to bulk her up. But tbh she's like Emily Kinney from TWD. I thought she was 16-17 at best until I learned she was as old as me in real life. XD

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      It was a fun movie, they didn't stay true to the games at all with most of the plot coming from the fourth game but overall it was good special effects and kept a good pace with plenty of action. Although it did feel toned down with gun fights considering the amount of shooting takes place in the games. I'm guessing they did that to keep the rating family friendly. Tom Holland still looked way too young for the role imo.
    • By Sledgstone
      https://kotaku.com/square-enix-embracer-deus-ex-1848866849
      Wow. This is pretty huge. What I'm shocked about is the relatively small price tag of $300 million. Considering Sony bought Bungie alone for $3+ billion it make me wonder if Sony or MS even knew these properties were for sale. If they did, it would have probably caused a bidding war. Microsoft had a solid 1 year exclusive deal for the release of one of those Tomb Raider reboot games, I'm sure they would have bought crystal dynamics and tomb raider by themselves for more than $300 million.
    • By Sledgstone
      Very interesting. Spider-man, Doctor Strange and the multiverse. This should be a fun movie.
    • By Sledgstone
      I wasn't that interested in this movie because its based in the past, but now that I've been sucked into Battlefield 1, this movie looks amazing. I know DICE likes to put easter eggs in their games so I wonder if we'll see an amazon warrior reference somewhere in a future dlc. On a side note, I thought we had a Wonder Woman topic already for the teaser trailer, but I didn't see one.

• By Sledgstone
      Awesome movie. I watched it a couple days ago. One of the best movies of 2020 for me. Very fun, energetic, great CGI and the monsters were all pretty damn cool and unique.