I'll watch this once I can find it dubbed since I love Godzilla movies, but Godzilla itself doesn't look all that great to me. Its not the molten burned look its got going on, but the unmoving arms in the trailer that looks so bad. Its being directed by Neon Genesis’  Hideaki Anno and Shinji Higuchi.

Official site:

http://shin-godzilla.jp/

And I saw this link on kotaku. The comments really stand out to me. You can see some eva scenes in the trailer.

http://kotaku.com/japans-new-godzilla-movie-looks-awesome-1770853409

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Funimation put this up finally and it was dubbed... You can tell dubbing foreign films is still stuck in the 60s-70s. Recording voices in the studio over real people is hard. I will say they did an excellent job of lip syncing. The joke of old where the lips keep moving after or well before the voice ends is almost non existent. The issue just comes with that the voices sound like they were dubbed, and in doing so you loose the audio's sound in its true surroundings... no echos in a hallway and what not. The reverberations are missing in relative to the actors surroundings I guess is what I'm trying to say. Plus standing in front of a mic trying to convey fatigue in a realistic fashion rather than an overly dramatic anime style where the character is drawn to take fast deep breaths doesn't come across as sincere. What was funny is that a good chunk of the Fairy Tail dub cast was tasked with this. XD It was odd hearing a lot of familiar voices do this movie. Todd Haberkorn who voices Natsu also voices the main character here.

As a whole, it was entertaining.... but def not one of the best. Japanese CGI is still terrible and laughable. Some of the scenes where Godzilla had to move fast just looked so bad. The resolution to the film was awful... oh and shame on Hideaki Anno for using multiple remixes of the Evangelion background OST for this movie. XD For hardcore Godzilla fans it's a must watch, but for the casual stick with the Legendary Pictures versions.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!