Sledgstone

Doctor Strange - Trailer World Premiere

I watched this movie last weekend and it was amazing. :D I'm glad I didn't watch it in the theater tho, I'm pretty certain on a huge screen like that I would have gotten vertigo. x_x Overall the plot was good, special effects, locations and acting were top notch as well. The quality of this ranks up there with the Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy imo.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I really liked it, but man there was just some stupid story progression. Most of it revolved around Strange just accepting everything so quickly... most notably going to find the Ancient One off some former cripple's word. Chalk it up to desperation, but then that gets shot down when he questions everything with his scientific knowledge when he finally gets there. Believing the guy in the first place didn't match his character. Eh. The villain was pretty lame, but I really never got into Dr. Strange comics-wise. Mordo was a crappy character too after the plot twist, and the secret ending just made me dislike him more.

Id def rank this one lower than Ultron but above Iron Man 3 which was my least favorite. The special effects were neat, but Matrixy. I think the Captain America movies are the best in the marvel universe. At least Winter Soldier and Civil War by far.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

5 hours ago, DeathscytheX said:

Most of it revolved around Strange just accepting everything so quickly... most notably going to find the Ancient One off some former cripple's word.

This bothered me at first too, but it makes sense not to drag it out. Too many movies spend the first 1 to 1 1/2 hours just setting up characters and then rush through the second half of the movie. I'd rather see more action and adventure than watch an actor try to build up his character for half the movie. Iron Man 3 was such a let down compared to the first 2. About 70% of that movie was Tony Stark having PTSD and not being Iron Man. x_x

Still they could have come up with a better script on how he ends up there. I'm all for not dragging it out, but for me you either do it right, or you don't do it at all and just make him full power from start. The whole origin thing is getting pretty old. I'll go see Wonder Woman Wednesday most likely, since she was the best part of BvS.

What's terrible is how many times Spider-Man has been rebooted now... 3 times in a decade? I didn't even watch the last two. I'll probably see homecoming though because Stark is in it.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

LMAO! I just mentioned the spider-man reboots in the AoT topic. XD

I'm burned out on alot of the Origin story movies too. Like if Superman gets rebooted again 5+ years from now I'll never watch it. Some characters shouldn't need origin stories anymore at this point. If they want to make a new X-Men movie at this point with a new Wolverine, they should just do it. Start the movie with them all fighting the sentinels within the first 5 minutes. People will see the new guy bust out his metal claws and everyone will know its Wolverine. Done. Get on with the plot. Instead, Fox will cast a new Wolverine and probably redo the entire origin story again because for some damn reason they think the entire fan base are idiots and can't realize who it is and what motivates them. Meanwhile at Marvel, the re-casted Bruce Banner/Hulk and didn't give a damn anymore about the previous Hulk movie. Well done Marvel. Guardians of the Galaxy did a better origin story with their characters than they did with Dr Strange. In GoG, they were all full power from start and the origin story was basically how they became a team together because of how their paths crossed through the major plot line.