DeathscytheX

Titanfall 2

This is one of those times when a sequel should probably drop the number from the title. Being called Titanfall 2 implies that its a sequel to the first one.. but the first one had no plot. Maybe something like "Titanfall: Resistance" and give us a story thats more than just a couple cutscenes.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

The first one did have a plot tho. XD it was the two factions against each other. I only remember the drop ship cutscene though. I think they stick with the numbers seeing as COD4 had nothing to do with 1-3 and Captain Price was in modern times after being in WW2. XD

I could care less about the campaign, what I want is more titan types, more customization, and no smart pistol. The electro blade is already looking promising. 

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

My dog must have been barking and made me miss that moment of plot. XD lmao. I rip on it because I hardly remember it from that one weekend I played. What I do remember was some awesome mech fighting and getting stepped on repeatedly. XD The one thing I did notice in this teaser video is that no platforms were mentioned at the end. If this comes out on PS4 I'll probably feel more hype for it.

XD It's in the title of the video, all three platforms are getting it.

Eh, until I see actual gameplay I won't get to hyped about it or even consider getting it. I never played the original due to the XBox exclusivity and it never actually interested me much to begin with (yea I know, the huge ass mech fan didn't get excited about a game with mechs in it). Something about the whole concept just doesn't appeal to me. I like shooters and I like mech games but I don't like both being mixed together, messes with the natural order of things.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

You're right. XDI just realized it is in the title of the video but the full title didn't fit on my phone until I loaded it on YouTube. XD

I want to see a bf4 style conquest mode. Imagine 30 vs 30 mechs. Maybe a couple flying types to. It'd be insane action.

You def won't see that happen in this game. Because of console limits. Titanfall is what started all these shooters having "ultimate abilities" that charge up overtime. Sadly it made COD fall in love with wall run just to have it without making maps that made it more than the novelty ability it is. You'd have to fundamentally change COD, which they won't do.

The first game had awesome mech fighting. But it got kinda stale with how limited the upgrades were. There was no point in using big charge up weapons when missile Salvo was so superior. The mid sized mech was the only choice because it was almost as tough as the big mech and the little mech was too squishy. The only advantage was an extra boost bar between weight classes which didn't seem like much of an advantage on open maps.

The smoke cloud ability was awesome especially since it killed infantry on and around you, and the auto destruct was a good troll tool when you were about to lose your mech. You could melee them into a corner and take their mech out too. Hopefully there will be more mech mechanics like these in this game.

If they had mechs like in Virtual-On I'd buy the hell out of Titanfall 2. I loved this game back on the dreamcast.

Of course they'd have to upgrade those graphics, I don't want to be playing a SAB version of titanfall on any current gen consoles. XD

https://www.vg247.com/2016/05/25/titanfall-2-to-include-grappling-hook-larger-maps-rumour/

I hope this doesn't come out til December or gets delayed til next year. Respawn isn't stupid, I'd be pissed of EA wanting my game to come out along side the most hyped game of the year. The bigger maps sound interesting but the vertical nature of the the first game made the maps seem big, even though not all maps had 3-4 storied buildings. The space for mechas to fight were a bit limited but at the same time there was ample cover to get to. Hopefully bigger maps have a heavy mix of laberynth like designs.

While it looks fun (that grappling hook is going to be a huge game changer for Titanfall) I have to question EA's retarded idea to release this 7 DAYS after BF1. They're practically shooting themselves in the foot here and I can't justify buying two games back to back like that (the last time I did it I ended up only playing one of them and letting the other collect dust). I might get it but it won't be until either Christmas or sometime after (and that's only if I get sick of BF1).

They finally made a campaign and they're releasing it for PS4. Everything I'd want in a game, but damn that timing is horrible. I'll be sucked into BF1 and won't have time for this at all. It could easily be a black friday purchase for me tho if it goes on sale.

As much as I hate to say it I agree with hoping it gets delayed (and it might but by the looks of the MP trailer things are pretty much ironed out and ready to go, maybe some last minute testing to shore up any bugs but it honestly looks ready to ship at this time). As much as I want to see COD get completely crushed it's just to unfair to put Respawn in this situation. I'm pretty damn sure Titanfall 2 will sell extremely well but it's going to divide the overall player pool for this genre in 2 forcing both it and BF1 to suffer (and we all know how bad smaller player pools are going to effect the overall game play). EA seriously needs to rethink this before October comes around.

The gameplay trailers do look good, but I didn't notice any new titans / titan features. Around 3 or so months before titanfall 1 came out they kept releasing more info about the different titans and their capabilities. Aside from some new maps, a grappling hook, a few other weapons(?), a campaign and being released on ps4, I only see about the same amount of changes over the original game multiplayer wise as a typical call of duty release. I'm mostly just interested in the campaign. The multiplayer of the first game only has a few "only in titanfall" moments. Like getting stepped on by a titan. If anything, I think EA is considering Titanfall as the CoD competitor because nothing even comes close to Battlefield.

They announced 6 new titans and more customization. The wave blast weapon is new, the mega beam I don't think is... the trailer didn't show anything super new besides the grappling hook and possible new melee attacks. The movement system is still far superior to COD's as its longer and more fluid. There were also way more Titans on the map at one time. Now that its no longer tied to last gen, I think every player can have a titan active at the same time. I hope that titan throw from the SP trailer can be done in MP XD you could launch yourself across the map to get to another cap point real fast. The titan swords were only in the SP trailer as well. They'll show more at E3 I'm sure since this was a 1 hour EA event.

EDIT: http://www.vg247.com/2016/06/13/titanfall-2-post-launch-maps-and-game-modes-will-be-free/

I'm def gonna get this game.. it might just sit to the side a while. They're really going after COD hard.