Sledgstone

ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY Official Teaser Trailer

Apart from hearing the signature tune here n there, this looked a shade better than a TV movie. I'll go see it but not thrilled and honestly don't care about side stories because at this point this's all part of the grand scheme to milk to franchise and more = not always the best option. Felicity looks so wooden with those long pause shots. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I'm hyped to see this movie mostly because it should be the first Star Wars movie that isn't focused on any of the Jedi. As big as the star wars universe is, it'll be refreshing to see a movie based around characters that don't have force powers. At least this movie will tie into the overall plot of the existing movies to while being a standalone movie on its own. In the first movie they needed those Death Star plans to find it's weakness. Now we'll finally see how the rebels got those plans to begin with.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

This is the best Star Wars film since the original trilogy for me. The characters were great, the story was really good minus a few quirks, and there wasn't an over abundance of needless humor. From the opening to the soundtrack they did a good job of differentiating it as a side story and not a main Star Wars film. My biggest knock is CGing human characters... without spoiling who, its still awful, it was worse than young Jeff Bridges in Tron. XD Which means it will look even more cheesy on the DVD/Blu-Ray.

Shout out to whoever played KOTOR and had a part in making the movie, because K2SO is definitely HK-47 inspired. lol

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Don't mind me, just reviving a dead topic yet again (because I'm so good at it).

So I broke down yesterday and bought this since it was out (and the site I've been getting my movies from is having troubles with viruses in their files lately so yeah) and a co-worker of mine has been giving me so much shit for not seeing this being the big SW fan I am. Honestly I can understand why a lot of people had problems with this movie (CG characters aside, they're not bad but by god was that CG enough to bring me out of the immersion). It's got a lot of problems story wise for me (pacing issues mostly) and honestly I feel this movie should of been made well before now (besides fans like us who remember the old movies this is kind of an odd place to go for those who don't know anything about SW, this movie felt more like it was made for the die hard fans then it was for entertainment purposes (like TFA) and it still feels like the failed to deliver). Don't get me wrong I actually liked the movie (more then I liked TFA) and thought they did a great job making it feel like a SW film but on the other hand it just didn't feel all that Star Warsy to me (it felt more like they were forcing it to be a Star Wars film).

If it wasn't for K2S0 (god I love that droid, Alan Tudyk did an amazing job bringing him to life. I'm starting to notice that the droids are more lovable then the human cast in the recent SW films), Chirrut, Baze, and Saw (I love Forrest Whitaker as an actor and he did an awesome job here) I probably wouldn't have enjoyed the movie as much as I did (the interactions between Chirrut and Baze were hilarious and that scene at the end was amazing (honestly had tears in my eyes)). The other characters were good but those were the four that stood out the most for me.

I have to say that it was fucking amazing to hear Jones take up his proper mantle as Lord Vader's voice (by far the best part of the movie was Vader's introduction into the film, was fucking epic (as was his scene at the end of the movie (not really a spoiler, Vader is hardly in the movie))). Fuck Hayden, Vader will always be Jones god damnit.

Spoiler

As for the CG characters they were extremely out of place. I loved the fact that they tried to bring Tarkin back into the film because he really is one of the more interesting characters from the SW universe but that was a horrible way to do it and it felt more like a disgrace to Peter Cushing's portrayal in A New Hope. Considering Tarkin's role in the films was relatively minor I feel they should of left him out of the movie (this is one of the main reasons why I feel this film should of been made earlier, then again there was no plan when the original movies came out). Same with the CG Leia, just felt out of place. I understand the symbolism by having her at the end of the movie as it sets up the beginning of A New Hope but it was just bad (more believable than Tarkin but still). Totally unneeded since everyone knew exactly where this movie was going and setting up, they fucking gave it away in the trailers.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

You're not missing out on the theatrical experience, the human cgi was just as bad on the big screen. Honestly they could have used the actor for Tarkin and caked on enough makeup and fake hair to make him look close. He already looked pretty close, and it was his voice already. 

At this point Tarkin isn't much of a spoiler, he's been plastered all over social media with articles about how controversial it is to revive dead actors. 

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I had heard about it long before seeing it since it was pretty much spoiled after the first people saw it. Honestly at first I didn't think it was all that bad until he showed up in the scene after they tested the Death Star, that's when I first noticed how unnatural his movements were. That's when I kind of fell out of the immersion of the movie and had to go what the fuck (it was in their favor that they hardly focused on him when they first introduced him in the movie since I didn't notice it being that bad). I understand he probably couldn't move much due to what you pointed out but I've seen better cg animating in student movies then this which is sad considering this movie had the full support and backing of Disney.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I bought this on bluray the day it released. I thought it was a great movie. Almost felt like I was watching a live action anime movie more than a Star Wars film honestly. A bunch of randoms team up, form a tight group of loyal friends while hardly knowing each other, all decide to team up and become a rouge group to save the day. Fights unbeatable enemies, somehow pulls out a victory.. all at a great cost. Thats the basis of almost every anime I've ever watched. lol.

Spoiler
6 hours ago, Strider Hiryu said:

As for the CG characters they were extremely out of place. I loved the fact that they tried to bring Tarkin back into the film because he really is one of the more interesting characters from the SW universe but that was a horrible way to do it and it felt more like a disgrace to Peter Cushing's portrayal in A New Hope. Considering Tarkin's role in the films was relatively minor I feel they should of left him out of the movie (this is one of the main reasons why I feel this film should of been made earlier, then again there was no plan when the original movies came out). Same with the CG Leia, just felt out of place. I understand the symbolism by having her at the end of the movie as it sets up the beginning of A New Hope but it was just bad (more believable than Tarkin but still). Totally unneeded since everyone knew exactly where this movie was going and setting up, they fucking gave it away in the trailers.

Tarkin and Leia were so immersion breaking. I'm really surprised they didn't somehow edit the original actors back in in a more realistic way. With as many re-edits the original trilogy had I'm sure they must have had some old footage they could have upscaled somehow and overlayed into the movie. I'd have preferred to see different actors portray them that looked similar, maybe with extra heavy makeup on. The CG was just a bit to much. I realized I started staring at Mon Mothma trying to tell if she was CG too, but she wasn't. They got a body double for her, but left the other 2 as CG. Odd choice imo.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg