Sledgstone

Black Desert Online?

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/

Anyone going to be playing this? I don't know much about it except that it's character creation options are insanely detailed and you can make just about anyone you want. I don't think it has a monthly subscription, but you do have to pay at least $30-$50 for the game initially. I'll look into it some more after I eventually get my new video card. It looks visually good, but that doesn't mean much if the game itself has flawed mechanics and horrible translations. Its launch date is tomorrow so I'm sure a bunch of reviews will be popping up over the next couple weeks.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I think I'll stick to Hammerfell in ESO....

Even if the character creation were amazing it looks like it lacks bestial races.

Beyond that I don't think its coming to PS4.

Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/48rad3/coming_straight_from_black_desert_my_two_cents/

Well after reading the comments in this thread it doesn't sound like a game I'd enjoy. Especially with the races and classes being tied together, the majority of the player base will probably all be female sorceresses. I'd prefer to play as a berserker, but not as a male giant. ehh.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Meh, I've been reading up on it since VG247 has been reporting on it a lot lately. Considering my laptop would probably fry itself playing this game and it'll be a few weeks before I start buying parts for my new computer I'm going to pass on it. Not only does it not sound like much fun I've got my hands full with patch 3.2 for FFXIV and The Division is out on Tuesday so I'll probably be playing that non-stop next weekend (when I'm not mindlessy grinding currency for new gear in FFXIV).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Thats pretty shit Char Creation options. B&S has certain races tied to certain classes, but spreads them out enough you have options. While you can't control each limb separately, you can customize every part of the body just about... I dont see why you'd want to make one arm or leg shorter than the other unless you were going for the hideous abomination look. 

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

The character customization leaves a lot to be desired, but I was happy with the flexibility in the face structure.

Character customization aside, I have been really enjoying this game. The first day or so was a little overwhelming, but it was overwhelming in kind of a good way. I haven't felt so much drive to learn the ins and outs of a video game in quite a while. Black Desert Online rides the line between accessibility and system-overload (EVE ONLINE) pretty successfully, I think. I might be a little reluctant to call it a true sandbox, but this game has tons of figurative sand in it. There are so many viable game play styles that it almost brings me to choice paralysis -- but I have been enjoying dipping my toes into each type of activity since the barrier to entry is usually pretty low. -- I'm growing some carrots right now and fishing. :)

The combat is most similar to Blade and Soul. It is fast-action combat with lots of combo potential. Unlike BnS, as far as I am aware, the combos are all free-form combos and don't have to be executed in any particular order. You can either map your attack actions on your hotbar, or you can use the built-in key-combinations to execute your special attacks. IE: Valkyrie (Backwards(s) + E) will drop a celestial spear from the heavens to deal damage and knock down enemies. Alternatively Backwards(S) + Q would throw your shield like a boomerang - like Sivir from League of Legends. I could go on, but I have at least a dozen different skills.  -- On a side note, I do personally enjoy BnS's combat a little better (I played Blade Master) .. but I would say that BDO's combat is on a par.

I've already logged far too many hours into this and I could literally talk about it for hours.. but I'll cut it short here unless people are interested in hearing more.

tl;dr: BDO is a fantasy life simulator with pretty cool combat.

Edited by Camron

I know. The combat looks bad ass, but I don't have time to grind out gear like that.

My dream MMO would be GW2's Open World/Gear acquisition/Business Model, SWTOR's Story Telling, and Blade and Soul's Dungeon system and combat with Black Desert's animations.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!