DeathscytheX

The Walking Dead Season 6 Discussion (Possible Spoilers)

Its kinda weird that Carol is snapping back to reality. I thought she was playing them hard, and for the most part she was. After watching Maggie savagely kill that woman, and Rick offing that guy mercilessly she's realizing how fast they have lost their humanity. That was probably one of the most dark and chilling episodes ever produced for the series. The fire room was grisly. These are really bad people, and they are going to have to build them up to be badder than Rick's group currently is. The red head was right in the end. Rick would have killed them all after the trade was successful.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

That episode really shows how good of an actress Melissa McBride is. I feel bad for Carol tho, TWD likes killing off characters with humanitarian views. I have a feeling Carol, Gabrielle or Morgan will die this season just because of that. Maggie might also die just to keep more drama going and to have all the Glenn fans feel horrible for him. Everything keeps working out amazing for Glenn. Every time hes about to die, he survives. Same with Maggie. The get pregnant and the odds are so in their favor they even find a baby doctor and get a sonogram. wtf. It feels like a huge build up of emotion for one of them to get killed off so it feels even more heart wrenching.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

They're doing a good job of keeping everyone guessing, but I'm gonna pick Maggie. They've been hyping them up so much. Glenn has had too many close calls to be killed without it being stupid. Carol is a possibility, but she hasn't had much air time this half of the season.

"You'd have better luck picking up a turd by its clean end" -Abraham XD

Another death scene swapped to another character for the TV show. Its pretty much the standard to keep the entire audience guessing. I knew as soon as the glasses fell off it was over though. They found the ammo reloading tools, and there was a separate group from Eugene and Abraham. So Alexandria is without a doctor again.

Carol going missing really surprises me. I guess that encounter with the saviors really dinged her. She must feel like they were turning into them and went soft... seems kinda rushed TBH.

Eugene's improv was great. XD They really nailed Dwight's look. I thought it wasn't good enough at first until he turned his head.

DwightCloseUp_zpsblhj0mkh.png

That dick biting... ouch. XD Good thing that guy was wearing jeans instead of sweat pants or he'd have been in a world of pain. XD That doctor getting killed off surprised the hell out of me. I wasn't expecting it at all. With only 3 eps left for the season, I'm wondering if they're going to dedicate 1 just to Carol and Morgan again. It seems like their cast is still too big and they keep making side plots to have smaller groups go off to have dedicated episodes so they can save some cash on all these salaries. Standalone eps like that work pretty good, until they start happening every other episode.

Once Upon A Time has the same problem with having too big of a cast. But instead of having dedicated episodes to a smaller group, they cut the budget substantially on the sets instead and the show will never leave Storybrooke. I definitely prefer TWD's choice of having more diverse sets tho. If TWD followed Once upon a time's direction, 90% of every character introduced would still be alive and season 6 would still have everyone at Hershel's farm. x_x

The problem is, that the cast is about the swell massively even more. Paying these guys to not be on camera can cause issues. I think this was one of the few episodes that Rick wasn't in or didn't have a big part of. Negan is going to get the spotlight pretty soon, but I think he'll work with less screen time than the Governor.

I can't believe they didn't show us who got killed off.. x_x While watching Talking Dead it doesn't look like the actors themselves will find out until they start shooting the next season. I liked Jeffrey Dean Morgan on Supernatural and in Watchmen. I always thought he was a great actor and he knows how to play an evil bastard.

The more I thought about it, we can definitely eliminate Carl, Eugene, Aaron and Rick from the possibilities. Negan pointed to Rick's left where those three were, and instructed his men to cut Carl's other eye out and feed it to Rick if anyone tried anything. That leaves Michonne, Rosita, Abraham, Maggie, Daryl, and Glenn. I'd scratch Rosita and Abraham off because their deaths would mean as much as T-Dog's at this point. That leaves the big 3... It could be anyone of those at this point. My guess is still Maggie because shes very sick and doesn't offer Negan anything. Her situation has been getting worse and it doesn't look like they'll be getting to the doc anytime soon.

I'm half expecting it to be Maggie or Glenn at this point. All the times Glenn could have died but didn't.. Maggie getting pregnant, them finding a doctor and actually getting a sonogram. Its all too good to be true for them. We got this build up of happiness with the two of them and I think if either one of them is the victim the other will die in that same episode. If Glenn is killed, Maggie will probably die from whatever medical complication she is having, and if Maggie was killed, Glenn will definitely try to kill Negan and get himself killed in the process.

The recruiter might die or Glenn aka the obvious choice. Worst season so far. Reedus, THE tracker of the show, gets himself captured not once but twice this season. Fun. Shit writing. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

1 hour ago, Pchan said:

Reedus, THE tracker of the show, gets himself captured not once but twice this season.

I thought that was a bit lazy of the writer too. I couldn't believe someone could get the drop on Daryl so easily. It feels like the writers have been putting alot of de-emphasises on his character this season. It might have been on purpose to soften the blow to the fans if the character is killed off. For years all I'd see on twitter is "If Daryl dies, I'm done with this show" things like that annoyed me since it always seemed to give him immunity from death and no sense of danger for his character because of the fan base he has. It would be a huge twist if they killed Daryl off but not nearly as impactful as it would have been if it happened 1 or 2 seasons ago.

I agree. It would've worked early on, right now the show is about to lose a huge fanbase if he dies and they're full of compromises right now. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.