Sledgstone

Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works

Let me start off by saying I watched Fate/Zero earlier this year and it was amazing. One of my favorite series of all time now. The action, strategy, emotional connections, brutal murder, ideals, anti-hero.. it had everything I love. And the last fight in the series was one of the best damn fights I've ever seen in an anime. The series is on netflix in english and I enjoyed the english dub. Heres a trailer for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgDTWKCU3_s

I know the fate/stay night is based off of a hentai game property and thats fine. I'm not interested in that. If anything that game setup the ground work for an amazing anime: Fate/Zero. The original fate/stay night series I never watched and after watching unlimited blade works I doubt I'll watch anything with the fate/stay night name in it again. Another series I loved that was based off a H-game was "Tears to Tiara".. excellent anime. Action, adventure.. and just like Fate/Zero, no hentai garbage, just an excellent series.

I saw Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works show up on netflix and I finally watched it thinking it'd be a great sequel to Fate/Zero.. boy was I wrong. This series was more based off the actual property, minus hentai.. It was horrible. Its like they took something amazing and turned it into everything I hate in an anime.. all main characters are kids.. in school, with school outfits, and an occasional dojo episode. wtf. I only watched the first 13 episodes and I'll pass on even finishing this series once netflix gets it. I don't want it tainting the awesomeness of Fate/Zero any more.

Fate/Zero was epic.. a full on war between 7 mages and their heroic spirits.. the battles were intense and everyone expected a fight to the death at any moment. But unlimited blade works starts the next holy grail war. And everyone continues going to school. Seriously? If any of these characters were in Fate/Zero they would have been dead in the first episode. These two series are so drastically different its like comparing Gundam to Care Bears.

TLDR

Watch Fate/Zero. Watch it now. Amazing.

Delete Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works from your queue and never watch it or feel utter disappointment.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

LMAO. Taking the hentai out of a hentai property is a recipe for disaster. You've basically lost your core audience while trying to capture another audience with some snoozefest. its like taking the action out of an action series or comedy out of a comedic series. There are series like Sekirei, Maken Ki, Ikki Tousen, High School of the Dead, and High School DxD that thrive on full nudity fan service just to do it. But all of those series really don't really need it and could use basic fan service and still be great series that would appeal to a more broad audience. Sounds like Fate/Stay can't do the same.

What you've described is how I felt when I Watched Blood-C after watching Blood+. Fate/Zero is on my radar, but I've been pushing it off because I've heard some concerning things about its ending from other people that have watched it. After watching The Future Diary (Mirai Nikki), its been hard to get into another anime because the end of that one set the bar super high for me. I tried watching Black Butler and got bored half way through it, Baccano! barely held my interest, but I'll probably finish it later. Tokyo Ghoul was a letdown in the end. I started watching A Certain Magical Index and its keeping my interest so far.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

The ending of Fate/Zero could have been a bit better, but it was pretty solid non the less. I highly recommend it. One of the main characters, Kiritsugu, is my favorite. Everyone else uses their magic to battle, while this guy uses strategy and a sniper rifle. f*ck yes. XD

LMAO. Taking the hentai out of a hentai property is a recipe for disaster. You've basically lost your core audience while trying to capture another audience with some snoozefest. its like taking the action out of an action series or comedy out of a comedic series. There are series like Sekirei, Maken Ki, Ikki Tousen, High School of the Dead, and High School DxD that thrive on full nudity fan service just to do it. But all of those series really don't really need it and could use basic fan service and still be great series that would appeal to a more broad audience. Sounds like Fate/Stay can't do the same.

What you've described is how I felt when I Watched Blood-C after watching Blood+. Fate/Zero is on my radar, but I've been pushing it off because I've heard some concerning things about its ending from other people that have watched it. After watching The Future Diary (Mirai Nikki), its been hard to get into another anime because the end of that one set the bar super high for me. I tried watching Black Butler and got bored half way through it, Baccano! barely held my interest, but I'll probably finish it later. Tokyo Ghoul was a letdown in the end. I started watching A Certain Magical Index and its keeping my interest so far.

The bolded part bothers me sir, how can Baccano! not hold your interest? The show has humor, seriousness, is set in an extremely awesome period, and it has Isaac and Miria (two of the most awesome characters ever, this can not be contested). Not to mention the story is just full of randomness. Maybe I just have a special place in my heart for this series but I thought it was awesome. Blood+ ruined the Blood universe for me, nothing will ever be as good as it was (the movie was good and Blood-C was the biggest disappointment of my life).

On Fate/Zero I'll end up watching it as I've had interest in watching it but I'll do so after Fate/Stay night and Unlimited Blade Works (hell I just went and downloaded them the other day). I have this thing with watching them in the order they aired and I want to get the complete story, not just the prequel story.

Edited by Strider Hiryu

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I guess it's the randomness I don't like... the jumping around in time is what was getting to me. I would be interested in what was happening on the train, and then it would jerk me into another flashback... and I would be interested in that side story to be moved back onto the train, and then into someone else's side story.

Blood+ was so good. Blood-C was so meh... I didn't like that incarnation of Saya at all.

Fate/stay night aired first, then fate/zero and then unlimited blade works. I never saw stay night but it sounds like it's the same characters from unlimited blade works and unlimited blade works could be a remake of the original series? I'm not certain. But I don't recommend watching unlimited blade works before fate/zero because the first or second episode has a direct clip from the last episode of fate/zero and kind of spoils one of the last scenes in from the series.

*revives old topic*

Overall I've enjoyed the Fate series even though its wacky timeline/universes are hard to follow. Some series are good, some are poor. Grand Order: Babylonia has been a blast. Even with a few eps left, I can confidently say this is my favorite of the lot.. which is kinda weird to me since Artoria Pendragon is my favorite hero of all the series, but shes not in this one. Grand Order definitely has the best battles of any of them. I guess I like it because its different in the fact that Gilgamesh is a protagonist, and its not some tournament for the grail. That battles are on a massive scale with super OP servants.... like the servants in this series are buffed to the max and beyond. The only drawback is that the season does kinda start out slow, and is a bit confusing to me since I've never seen this timeline before and it feels like there is another series before this one where you're suppose to know some of these new characters.

But the animation style is pretty awesome.

In the Dub they pronouce Leonidas "Leo-need-us" and it drives me crazy. wtf XD