12 posts in this topic

This movie was a hell of a lot of fun. Screw reviews. Was it a masterfully written story with deep, complex characters a rich dialogue? Hell no, who was really expecting it to have all that? It was a ton of action and light humor. I'd say it was very 80ish action at that. It was like Inglorious Basterds from hell. Will Smith put on one of his best performances in a long while and Margret Robbie nailed Harley Quinn despite what people were complaining about the over sexualization of the character. Yes her costume was pure fan service, but she nailed the persona. Leto was a very dark Joker, I liked it, but Ledger was better. Then again this film is way more comic-y and less serious.

Sledgstone and Strider Hiryu like this

Just finished watching this a little while ago and I enjoyed it. It was definitely not on an Avengers level of quality tho. If it was Killer Croc would have actually been 9 to 11 feet tall like he was in the comics and cartoons. Seeing soldiers taller than him really makes the character seem completely out of place and unbelievable. It'd be like the Hulk being played nowadays by a body builder again like Lou Ferrigno did in the 80s. Harley Quinn was a good portrayal (the director constantly showing ass shots of her belittles her character tho), but in those flashback scenes with the joker it didn't emphasize that she fell in love with the joker because of stockholm syndrome. This was definitely a movie with Will Smith as the anchor tho. He did a good job as Deadshot (although I liked the portrayal of Deadshot in the CW Arrow series much more), but ever since I watched him in "The Pursuit of Happyness", he has set a bar for himself imo that he has never been able to reach back up to. Aside from I am Legend, I haven't been impressed with his work in years. :\ One more negative thing I noticed that is a huge pet peeve of mine and made me want to post a rant about this movie.. lol. The enchantress, after she got her power up from her brother, looked like a floating head on a CG body. Oh god how I hate that. That alone made me realize all the other things that disappointed me. XD Other than that, the action, gunplay, explosions, etc. all easily fit my criteria of a movie I'd enjoy watching.

enchantress.gif

Damn that floating head effect. She looked so much cooler before that power up, like a super powerful version of the grudge movies.

I thought I am Legend was shit. XD I personally enjoyed his performances in Independence Day and Enemy of the State.

He was good in Independence Day, but then a year later Men in Black came out and it felt like he was playing a completely similar character but in a different scenario. I did like his character in Enemy of the State, I forgot all about that movie. Avoid "After Earth" at all cost tho. x_x

I Am Legend was awesome if you watch the original ending and not the shitty theater ending that invalidates the whole story.  ><

Suicide Squad was a junk food movie.  Nothing substantial, but enjoyable and perfectly ok in small doses.  Not really any re-watchability for me, but I did have fun watching it when it came out.

Sledgstone likes this

2 hours ago, Dubird said:

I Am Legend was awesome if you watch the original ending and not the shitty theater ending that invalidates the whole story.  ><

Suicide Squad was a junk food movie.  Nothing substantial, but enjoyable and perfectly ok in small doses.  Not really any re-watchability for me, but I did have fun watching it when it came out.

The original ending to I Am Legend came off as a shitty plot twist to me. The theater ending was at least consistent with the rest of the movie.

I thought the whole point of the alternate ending was in case they wanted to make a sequel. It added a nice twist to the ending, but I like the theater ending a bit more. XD