DeathscytheX

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Well shit. I was really hoping to go through and play as a different race (like Turian or Asari). I just hope this game is as great as the first ME was because that was probably the best game in the series thus far (I liked 2 but a lot of the changes they made turned it more into a third person shooter then an RPG and while 3 was amazing (and I still love the original ending) it had its own flaws in both story and mechanics (but had some of the best DLC for the ME series)).

Not to sure I'm hip of the Mako being in the game again as that was one of the worst parts of the original ME for me.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

God I hated Thresher Maws. Every freaking time you had to hit flat terrain for that one base or that one resource node you just new you'd have one of those damn things pop up (and for me it was usually two of them, I don't know how many times I had to fight two at the same time). Gah, there better not be any damn worms in the Andromeda galaxy. I'll break the disc in half if I have to fight those again.

LOL!! How did you fight them. I use to drive around in a circle around them leading off shots... it was a long tedious, but effective fight. XD As long as the Mako's are legit, and not super clumbsy like the original, I'm fine with it if they incorporate good gameplay that doesn't involve Thresher Maws, or sniping turrets from across the moon to avoid getting annihilated by them when you assault a base.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Same strategy, I used to circle them and pump them full of lead until they died. It really was the only way to kill them since they could one shot you if they were lucky. As long as the Mako isn't a clunker I won't have any real problems with it but as I said I see a Thresher Maw that disc is getting snapped in half.

Seriously, I manually save in EVERY RPG I play (you should see my ME3 save list for my Infiltrator, it's like 65 different saves (my DA: Inquistion one is just as bad, I believe I'm at 40 different saves for it)) because you can't trust games to not bug out anymore. I've lost progress to many times because I wouldn't save ofter so now I do it at every major choice given in a game.

Game looks pretty but honestly I want more substance then a "here's a tech demo for you to see how pretty our game is in 4K" type videos. Give me info on story, companions, weapons, etc. Seriously BioWare the game has been in development long enough for you to start giving us these tidbits.

There is a multiplayer component as well just to let you know Sledge but it's completely optional (just like ME3's was (well was supposed to be but I won't get into that)).

It looks amazing and the gun play looks a lot better then it ever has been but they just couldn't let go of the fucking ammo component could they. Sigh, it'd be nice to have ME1's infinite ammo/cooling system back. Sadly I don't know how hyped I'll really be until I see powers. I know they've done away with classes for the Pathfinder (which blows, I loved the one class aspect of ME) but I really want to know what powers are going to be in this one. Can I make my Pathfinder exactly like my Sentinel (by far the best class imo from ME2 and ME3 (best of both Tech and Biotic powers)? Can I shift more toward an Infiltrator build? I know I'm asking a lot here but a lot is riding on what is available to my character (I really want to play a Sentinel, that Tech Armor plus Biotic Powers was amazing).

From the way they talked about the Multiplayer, it sounds like a Titanfall-like set up that contributes towards something in the SP. But its completely optional and you can get the exact same things through a passive method, which I'm guessing is going to be a lot like sending out NPCs not in your landing party on missions similar to SWTOR.

The powers part looks cool. This will probably be the first time I use them, I always played Solider and facetanked everything XD. I love me some heavy armor.

The crafting looks really cool, and with the size of these planets, and the gathering, and discovery. I'll actually enjoy the grind... maybe they've finally come up with something thats fun, and not planet scanning X_x.

Dammit Sledge, you need to play 1-3 XD

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Meh, Soldier in 1 was amazing and you could tell the game was designed completely around playing a Soldier. 2 made the Soldier not so desirable for me as it lost a lot of what made it awesome in 1 in the transition (that being the new ammo system, my Soldier in 1 could fire his AR without it ever overheating). Considering my Soldier never made it into 3 as I still haven't beaten two with him yet (I was going to do that over my 4 day weekend last week but Skyrim put a hold on that) I don't know how good they were.

Sadly powers in the first game were shit and 2 and 3 really made them shine. Sentinel was amazing. With Tech Armor you could pretty much run into any fight like a Soldier and tank the damage. With the addition of Biotic powers it was a powerhouse. Plus if you did Samara's loyalty mission in 2 you got access to Reave, one of the most broken Biotic powers in the game. Not only does it return health to you when it hits it hits like a truck. That with Warp and Throw made the Sentinel a blast to play (gun play wise they were lacking being stuck to SMG's and Pistols but that was a minor inconvenience). Infiltrators were just broken from the get go with their Sniper Rifles and cloaking ability.

Meh, I'm not looking forward to this new scanning component of the game as it looks like it's more of a chore then a natural thing and gathering doesn't look fun at all. I already to enough of that shit in FFXIV (minus the scanning), I don't want to be spending hours gathering components for new armor, weapons, etc. The fact the planets have become open again and the amount of exploring to be done has me extremely interested, I missed that component in 2 and 3 (though 1 wasn't that great for exploration because all the planets were exactly the same just with different resource nodes and places you could visit).