DeathscytheX

E3 2015 Discussion

With E3 less than a week away, I decided to start up this thread. What are you most looking forward too? I'm looking forward to a few things.

-MGSV: The Phantom Pain

After playing Ground Zeros, I'm pretty pumped for this game. GZ was def not worth its price, and I'm glad it's free for PS+ members this month. The game shows off its spectacular AI and gameplay mechanics we should expect during missions of the full game.

-Ratchet & Clank

This looks amazing, I hope there is more to be seen at E3. The trailer blew me away.

-Tom Clancy's The Division

The game I'm most excited for next year. I can't wait for more gameplay to be revealed.

-Overkill's The Walking Dead game

I'm excited to see what Overkill is going to do with this game. If this game is anywhere near the difficulty setting of the PAYDAY series, its going to make any L4D game look like a cake walk. Character skill set customization is going to be a big plus over L4D.

Star Wars: Battlefront

I hope we some real in game footage.

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

I'm ready for more story, the gang has been split up and I'm ready to go find my crew. Guild Halls is the first confirmed reveal of E3, I hope to see some World Bosses, and get more details on the mastery system... and hopefully more FASHION!!! XD

Things I'd also like to see but its unconfirmed/unlikely

God of War

Mass Effect

KOTOR III

Red Dead Redemption II

Borderlands 3

Things I know we wont see, but its wishful thinking

Half-Life 3

Dark Cloud 3

COD4: Modern Warfare remastered

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I'm looking forward to

1. Bethesda's E3 Conference - I wonder what else they have planned beyond Doom & Fallout 4.

Things I'd also like to see, but unconfirmed/unlikely.

1. Saints Row Five Reboot - After Gat Out Of Hell I've realized that things have gotten too goofy. That or I just want to go back to playing as a customizable character.
  2. Another Metro Sequel - I found the one I got for free from PS Plus enjoyable. Although I stopped once I had to heavily rely on Gas Masks.

Things I know we won't see, but its wishful thinking.

1. Nintendo to pull their heads out of their asses - They have lost a lot of genuine loyalty ever since the N64. And it's probably the reason to why the GameCube failed. But acting like the Wii was the future of innovation instead of a gimmick is the reason to why they're back in 3rd.
  2. Microsoft announces its dropping out of the console race & that Windows 10 was just a joke - They scared GabeN with Windows 8. And scared everyone else with their original Xbox One plans. They're almost as scary as Nintendo at this rate.
  3. More M Rated Games with customizable Anthros - It kind of sucks that Elder Scrolls is the only one that does this.
  4. Fallout 4 allows you to start off as a Ghoul - I want to like Fallout but being limited to being human is pretty dull. On the other hand I'm more likely to go back to Metro as its less goofy.
  5. Bethesda announces digital distribution of its past single player games to PS4 (& Xbox One) - I'm still annoyed I couldn't get Skyrim through Digital Distribution through my PS3 as the Blu Ray Player broke when I was playing it.
  6. If there is an Elder Scrolls 6 that its taking place in Black Marsh (Argonia assuming its Black Marsh & a chunk of Morrowind), Elsweyr, or Valenwood - Some rumors have annoyed me like ES6 taking place on a different continent or is returning to a place that was in ES2. Bethesda should at least make these 3 before moving on or back to other locations. Save Summerset Isles for last as it doesn't have to deal with borders.
  7. Skyrim is being remade for PS4 (& Xbox One) & will have marriageable (Female) Khajiits & not tie the Civil War Quest into Dragonborn Quest - I loved Skyrim. But I was never able to make Lesbian Khajiits like I wanted. And the house I wanted Windhelm for my Male Khajiit & his wife Shahvee I couldn't have without doing the Civil War Quest. Which then get tied into the Dragonborn quest. Which then would lead me to babysitting every NPC from random dragon attacks.
Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Things I'm looking forward to:

The Division - Even if it is being pushed back into Holiday 2016 I'm really looking forward to news on this. Hopefully they'll start giving information on story/plot and more into what types of enemies and stuff we'll see. Considering how little information we've been given we're do for some news.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Though I still haven't beaten Human Revolution I'm really excited for this game. Human Revolution had a great plot (up to what I've played) and was fun as hell to get through and rekindled my love for the Deus Ex franchise. Hoping to see some actual game play footage and well and information on the new abilities they're putting in the game.

Star Wars: Battlefront - Just hoping to actually see some in-game footage.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward - Even if it's going into Pre-Access on the 19th I'm hoping they'll give us a more in-depth look at the new Jobs and new the new abilities for existing jobs (I know they said it'd be playable at E3 so I'm really hoping for in-game footage videos on everything). Kinda want to know what I'm going into the 19th.

Things I'd like to see:

Mass Effect - Any and all news on the new ME. Bioware has been pretty tight lipped on what it has planned for the new game so I'm really interested in what we're looking for. Sadly I highly doubt there will be any information on it.

Quit holding out hope for KOTOR III, they already said there wouldn't be another one since TOR is supposed to be III on. Plus with the status of whether or not TOR is canon up in the air I'd really like them not to make another one because lets face it Disney will fuck it up if another one is made.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I would like to see a Star Wars game made with the Mass Effect engine. Perhaps close to what 1313 was suppose to be before George Lucas fucked it hard. Disney doesn't have as much control over the gaming universe outside of deeming things canon or not canon. They've shown their lack of interest in putting effort into gaming. They gave EA "total control" *In crucible voice*. Whatever the case, it is confirmed that BioWare is working on a new Star Wars game. I'm looking forward to it, whatever it is. If we get anything, it'll be some BS teaser trailer this E3. Nothing is going to overshadow Battlefront this year.

EA has full control but you know Disney will pipe in when something they don't like is getting done with a game (especially if it clashes with the new canon being established). You can bet Disney isn't going to give over the rains to the four billion dollar + purchase that easily. 1313 was the one game I was actually hyped for in recent years and with them throwing it away due to Disney gaining control of the rights I'm pretty much skeptical and uninterested in anything dealing with Star Wars gaming news (I'm totally hyped and excited for Battlefront, don't get me wrong, but anything else doesn't interest me).

I'm sure the new BioWare game will be something along the lines of a KOTOR but we'll never get a true KOTOR again, especially with the way TOR has been taking the story (I've not seen the newest expansion but with Revan's reappearance they've really changed whats been going on). It'd be extremely hard to get another KOTOR game placed in that timeline since TOR is still evolving.

To be fair, 1313 was doomed before Disney took over. I read an article about how Lucas kept coming in and changing his mind on the story and what the game was even going to be about every time they were half way through development. After we saw the original demonstration, the game had been changed multiple times causing mass frustration with the development team as they had to scrap and rewrite everything so many times. Disney would have done the same thing either way, but it makes it a little less painful knowing that fact.

If BioWare makes a game with the Mass Effect engine, I'd much rather it be a Mandalorian game.

The Division. I want more gameplay.. specifically PS4 gameplay. I don't want to see max graphics PC gameplay like the Watchdogs trailers, just to get the game a year later on PS4 and not have it look nearly as impressive.

Star Wars: Battlefront. I need some gameplay for this. I read that the player count will be capped at 40 players per map. Seeing as the same game engine could handle 64 players on BF4 on PS4, I'm going to assume we'll get more star wars vehicles and possibly AI grunts in the matches. I really hope the air combat is no where near the same as in BF4.. Piloting in BF4 was fun at first, but then it was nothing but ace pilots that know exactly what they are doing.. even being a moderate pilot, I lost all interest in flying. I hope there is a common ground for flying that lets normal, not obsessed players actually enjoy flying in the game.

Uncharted 4. I'm going to pick up the remaster trilogy and with the new tomb raider being timed exclusive to xbox 1, Uncharted will have huge sales on PS4 and is poised to be amazing.

MGSV. I was very disappointed with MGS3 and I never had the chance to play MGS4. For all we know, this could be the last big MGS game made. With the production value on it being so high, I think this game could steal the show.

Rise of the Tombraider (Tombraider 2). Even tho it will be a timed xbox 1 exclusive, I want to see gameplay, because once this comes out on PS4, I'll pick it up ASAP.

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns. This expansion will be huge. So many new subclasses, new species to interact with, new campaign, mastery and trait system.. and like DX said.. FASHION! XD I want some new armor that looks epic on charr, with no floating back pieces. x_x And maybe a new underboob garmet for norn and human females of all armor types. XD

Things I'd like to see but probably wont...

Final Fantasy XV. This game looks great and iffy at the same time.. No playable women characters means I'll have to keep staring at bishies whenever I play, but the mechanics of it look amazing.. but the game has been in development for so damn long now I doubt square enix will actually continue stand alone FF RPGs after this. I'm already sucked into Guild Wars 2 and I don't have the time for numerous MMORPGs.. but I love single player RPGs.

Watchdogs 2. They might announce a sequel.. that would be nice.

As for God of War, I liked them at first.. but the last game was so gory it felt like I was playing a mash up of God of War and the Saw movies.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

The Division. I want more gameplay.. specifically PS4 gameplay. I don't want to see max graphics PC gameplay like the Watchdogs trailers, just to get the game a year later on PS4 and not have it look nearly as impressive.

Star Wars: Battlefront. I need some gameplay for this. I read that the player count will be capped at 40 players per map. Seeing as the same game engine could handle 64 players on BF4 on PS4, I'm going to assume we'll get more star wars vehicles and possibly AI grunts in the matches. I really hope the air combat is no where near the same as in BF4.. Piloting in BF4 was fun at first, but then it was nothing but ace pilots that know exactly what they are doing.. even being a moderate pilot, I lost all interest in flying. I hope there is a common ground for flying that lets normal, not obsessed players actually enjoy flying in the game.

Uncharted 4. I'm going to pick up the remaster trilogy and with the new tomb raider being timed exclusive to xbox 1, Uncharted will have huge sales on PS4 and is poised to be amazing.

MGSV. I was very disappointed with MGS3 and I never had the chance to play MGS4. For all we know, this could be the last big MGS game made. With the production value on it being so high, I think this game could steal the show.

Rise of the Tombraider (Tombraider 2). Even tho it will be a timed xbox 1 exclusive, I want to see gameplay, because once this comes out on PS4, I'll pick it up ASAP.

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns. This expansion will be huge. So many new subclasses, new species to interact with, new campaign, mastery and trait system.. and like DX said.. FASHION! XD I want some new armor that looks epic on charr, with no floating back pieces. x_x And maybe a new underboob garmet for norn and human females of all armor types. XD

Things I'd like to see but probably wont...

Final Fantasy XV. This game looks great and iffy at the same time.. No playable women characters means I'll have to keep staring at bishies whenever I play, but the mechanics of it look amazing.. but the game has been in development for so damn long now I doubt square enix will actually continue stand alone FF RPGs after this. I'm already sucked into Guild Wars 2 and I don't have the time for numerous MMORPGs.. but I love single player RPGs.

Watchdogs 2. They might announce a sequel.. that would be nice.

As for God of War, I liked them at first.. but the last game was so gory it felt like I was playing a mash up of God of War and the Saw movies.

XD The last GoW game was hysterically violent. Ever since you slammed Theseus' head in the door 1000 times in GoW2, its been an ongoing gag in the PSP/Vita games and Hercules got it in GoW3. In one of the PSP games, you slam some guys head in a treasure chest a billion times.

You need to find MGS4 cheap, :P Its an awesome game, and an amazing story. Its has hours of cutscenes, but they are all pausable thank goodness. The end puts a twist on everything you did in MGS1 and MGS2. MGS3 I heard was a lot better in the later releases when they changed the camera... I played the original and I liked it. The only thing that bothered me about the game was having to go to the menu and change your camo every 10 seconds. The story was really good though. MGS4 wont have any impact on MGS5 outside of some foreshadowing, but I believe that aspect will be more towards MGS1. MGS3's story will probably be rehashed upon more than the other games in MGS5.

Is Blizzard even going to be at E3 this year? They started Blizzcon so they wouldn't have to go to E3 anymore. With what I know the game should be out next year if it doesn't come out this fall (which it should, it's been 2 years since HoS). It just went into Closed Beta a month or two ago (don't remember but I know it is in Closed Beta). However, this is Blizzard we're talking about so don't be surprised if there is no news for LoV since their baby is and will always be WoW.