10 posts in this topic

How did everyone luck out with black friday deals? Amazon matched most of the sales I was keeping my eye on. I ended up getting a new PS4 controller for $40 (my current one has taken some heavy BF4 damage to the left thumbstick), Walking Dead Season 2 PS4 for $19.99 and Shadow of Mordor PS4 for $25. I'd have bought Wolfenstein The New Order also for $25, but I need to save some cash and with how often I play games (and the two games I just bought), by the time I go to play it I could get it cheaper used.

I also need to hit the pet store later to buy some new dog beds for 50% off. :P

gallery_1_23_1357354444_252.jpg

Since we were out of Advanced Warfare last night I picked up Shadows of Mordor ($25) as well and I also picked up Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag ($25) since all my friends say it was quite the awesome game and I've been meaning to buy it. You already know about my anime orders from my status so yeah, I spent way to much money this year on Black Friday stuff.

Sledgstone likes this

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Did anyone find a Playstation Plus discount? Last year it was $29.99. I'm hoping a cyber monday sale will bring the price down but I have a feeling Sony is blocking a sale on the membership. They know everyone that bought a PS4 last year will have to renew to keep their free games. I should have bought two cards last year. :\ I think there is an ebay seller selling them for $39.99. They probably bought a thousand or so of them last year for $29.99 anticipating a demand for this year to make an extra $10 a piece.

Yeah I doubt they'd keep giving away the PS+ for that cheap every year and let everyone stay on that cycle. Especially since business is booming a year later.

dvabanner.png

I just bought one of these, a $50 PSN gift card for $40. From what I saw on cheapassgamer, its legitimate. I should get my code by email within 24 hours so i'll let you guys know if its a good purchase. Once I get the code, I'll apply it to my PSN account and buy a PS+ membership. As long as it all works out then I'll get 12 months PS+ for $40.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261681290189

I checked my PS+ on my PS4 to see when it will expire and I'm good until December 29. But for everyone that got the $29.99 cards last year and activated them around this time you might want to check your auto-renewals. I noticed that mine was set to auto renew with the 3 month membership for $17. I deactivated that and tried to activate a 12 month renewal instead and I don't see that as an option. So just a heads up the $50 PS+ 12 month is much cheaper than $17 every three months.

And don't let your PS+ lapse or you'll lose all your free PS+ games.

Meh, I got till March till I need to worry about it and it's honestly not that much money to pay full price for a year (I was paying $60 a year for Gold so yeah). I was going to say that as far as I know you can't choose auto-renewal for the yearly because when I signed up I didn't even get the option.

I'm not entirely certain as to when I'll get my digital code for this gift card. It says delivery by December 8th.. but the message says I'll get the code within 24 hours. :look:

I don't mind dropping full price for it because its worth it, but if I can save $10 I'll take that extra step, especially since I have to get it renewed within a month anyway and my money is a bit tight atm. Even $10 would be nice. lol. I am so looking forward to my car payment being done in five months.

I got my PSN code a little while ago and it worked fine. Not a bad deal at all. $50 PSN credit for $40. The page is still active on Ebay but it looks like it is out of stock as of right now. I did read that it is occasionally opening back up to take more orders tho.

Also, Amazon is still having a 30% off a book deal:

Take an Extra 30% Off Any Book: Use promo code HOLIDAY30 at checkout to get an extra 30% off any book for a limited time. Excludes Kindle eBooks and Audible Audiobooks. Restrictions apply.

I bought the Lord of the Rings books with The Hobbit in a set for $21 and got $7 off with the code. I had a throw a couple other items in to get the free shipping on orders over $35 tho.

:D

Yea I used that code to buy the Assassin's Creed IV strat guide. Should of gotten more books but I have a huge stack of Light Novels and other books I need to read before I start buying more.

I bought nothing. The more I buy, the more I don't want to own anything. Plus these deals are programmed to get you to buy things you wouldn't necessarily buy or need and you'd get it just for the heck of it because of a low price. Screw that! But yes, I need a PS3 controller and I'll buy it tomorrow when it isn't on sale. Take that Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

Sledgstone likes this

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.