Myk JL

Chappie

As much as I liked District 9 & Elysium I'm uncertain as to whether or not I want to see Chappie. Still I hope it'll be a good movie even though it seems completely different from what I'm use to from this director.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I saw Chappie today & liked it. Some parts of it felt like they were copied from Short Circuit 2. Another part used that famous line from Forest Gump.... Sorry if that sounds like a spoiler.

• Part of me wants to assume the white guy with the weird dread locks is Irish with a thick accent. How thick? Thick enough for his lines to need subtitles.
  • ED 209 in this movie is played by a RC Robot / drone.
  • I don't remember any of the names outside of the 4 people to what Chappie used to call them. Those being Creator, Mommy, Daddy, & America.
  • Did that gangster survive his death from District 9?!
  • Some religious wording is used & the word conscious is used a lot in facts its the main plot when dealing with a short battery life. That kind of reminds me of Short Circuit 2.
  • Oscar Daddy you lied to me!
  • America should've worn a red shirt & blue jeans as he was clearly divided....
  • White Guy with weird dreadlocks dies & I barely remember how.
  • Apparently Hugh Jackman has and adamantium skeleton but it isn't enough to prevent him from getting beaten up by Chappie.
  • Chappie invents immortality!.... Or not? He supposedly saves Creator, himself, & somehow brings mommy back from the dead.... Though that's just a copy of her way before her death. Also was it really necessary for that "female" robot to have a human face?

Much like District 9 this also takes place in Johannesburg & looks like it could have a sequel but probably won't.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I remember when I saw the trailer for this in the theater.. At first I thought they made an Appleseed movie. That would have been pretty amazing. But like how you mentioned short circuit 2 I figured Chappie was going to be a reboot of the that franchise under a new name and less kid friendly.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg