Ancient Clan
Myk JL

Chappie

As much as I liked District 9 & Elysium I'm uncertain as to whether or not I want to see Chappie. Still I hope it'll be a good movie even though it seems completely different from what I'm use to from this director.

Municipal Broadband > Title II Net Neutrality

I saw Chappie today & liked it. Some parts of it felt like they were copied from Short Circuit 2. Another part used that famous line from Forest Gump.... Sorry if that sounds like a spoiler.

• Part of me wants to assume the white guy with the weird dread locks is Irish with a thick accent. How thick? Thick enough for his lines to need subtitles.
  • ED 209 in this movie is played by a RC Robot / drone.
  • I don't remember any of the names outside of the 4 people to what Chappie used to call them. Those being Creator, Mommy, Daddy, & America.
  • Did that gangster survive his death from District 9?!
  • Some religious wording is used & the word conscious is used a lot in facts its the main plot when dealing with a short battery life. That kind of reminds me of Short Circuit 2.
  • Oscar Daddy you lied to me!
  • America should've worn a red shirt & blue jeans as he was clearly divided....
  • White Guy with weird dreadlocks dies & I barely remember how.
  • Apparently Hugh Jackman has and adamantium skeleton but it isn't enough to prevent him from getting beaten up by Chappie.
  • Chappie invents immortality!.... Or not? He supposedly saves Creator, himself, & somehow brings mommy back from the dead.... Though that's just a copy of her way before her death. Also was it really necessary for that "female" robot to have a human face?

Much like District 9 this also takes place in Johannesburg & looks like it could have a sequel but probably won't.

Municipal Broadband > Title II Net Neutrality

I remember when I saw the trailer for this in the theater.. At first I thought they made an Appleseed movie. That would have been pretty amazing. But like how you mentioned short circuit 2 I figured Chappie was going to be a reboot of the that franchise under a new name and less kid friendly.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_252.jpg