And thats whats shit. I'm not buying anymore of this game. Comet is the type of content I was expecting with I dropped $160 on this game. This game had the potential to be one of the greatest online experiences of all time... greed ruined that. Comet probably wont sell good and they'll learn their lesson. By that time The Division will be on the horizon.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I still haven't played the new content I already have for this game.. and as it is now I have gw2, shadow of mordor, twd 2, dragon age and countless games on steam to play. I don't think I can grind destiny anymore.. I say that because unless they auto bump our levels to a level high enough to enjoy any new expansions, I won't be spending the time to light level up just to be able to play any future dlc.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Sadly DX Comet will sell just well enough that Activision and Bungie won't even feel any pain for their stupid choices for this game. The Destiny community is still rather positive about the game they were given with only a handful or so of us being rather pissed by what we were given (after being promised so much more). This is the problem with games and game development these days, the current generation of gamers is so used to being forced to pay for extra content that they don't even bitch about being given small DLC patches worth $20 or more. Our generation is used to games coming with more substance as we're the generation that grew up gaming on the original Nintendo and Sega consoles (and in some cases even more old school like Atari). We expect to be given more for the price we pay for games and sadly we're just not being given what we want or expect. I really hope Ubisoft doesn't fuck up with The Division and go down a similar route that Destiny has. If they do I might just be done with big games like these from now on and stick to smaller titles and RPGs like I used to in the past (and even now these games are starting to suffer from the greed syndrome as well).

Honestly Sledge you're not missing much by not playing the new content. The new Strikes are fun but not worth the money you originally paid for it. I've finally decided after seeing the news about the new content leak to put Destiny away and I'll probably never play it again. Outside of playing with you guys the game offers no enjoyment and is an endless grind for better gear that's more monotonous then doing it in an MMO (I actually prefer grinding in MMO's, at least you're working toward a goal that's feasible unlike in Destiny). Maybe now I'll finally get back into playing Shadows of Mordor so I can beat it and finally play AC4 and get that beaten (then maybe I can finally work on getting through that massive backlog of Steam games I need to play).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

That was a good run. I love fusion rifles.. but I love this damn Ice Breaker. I haven't played it in quite a while and it definitely got upgraded. The explosion effect is very impressive and the blast damage to nearby enemies works great now. I exploded a good chunk of enemies with a single head shot earlier. I loved that. XD

Well that certainly explains why those ass hats were farming that area yesterday morning while I was doing bounties. Made it extremely hard to get certain ones done when enemies were no where to be found.

Heh, really looking forward to PoE now though sadly I most likely won't be able to do it until sometime in June as I go for training for my new job the week HoW goes live (sigh, when I was finally getting hyped over Destiny again). Maybe I'll get lucky and I won't have to go and train until the week after (not entirely set in stone yet, just know that I may or may not be getting a call for it come the 18th).

So DX and I were doing strikes last night and I finally got an exotic drop at the end of doing one, Sadly it wasn't Hawkmoon or Gjallahorn but I'm somewhat happy with it. I got the Last Word, as I said not my first choice but it's surprisingly better then most have made it out to be. My only complaint is how fast the thing shoots and it's small clip size but it's a surprisingly accurate hand cannon and hopefully once I get the two accuracy perks for hip fire unlocked it'll be even better while hip firing.

I'm really happy with my Saterienne Rapier. The explosive rounds make it a beast machine. I just need damn Gjallahorn. Secret Handshake is by far the most satisfying purchase I've ever made outside of Suros. They should have called it the Captain Hunter instead. XD

I need to start saving up my vanguard marks now, I'll have to buy a new helm, chest and legs, and ascend my exotic gauntlets so I can reach 32 and start working towards 34 via PoE. This type of level progression makes more since. We don't need 6 people, and we can matchmake with randoms, which with only 2 other people, it won't be a clusterfuck like a raid would be.

I did that omnigul strike again last night. The strikes are always fun.. But I had some bounties to finish and I did some earth exploring and I realized earth is really dead now. I ran into only 3 other players in 30 mins. Along with me not remembering where anything is, it felt so boring to just wander.. And no public events would spawn either.. Maybe because nobody was there except me. I'll definitely stick to doing the strikes and crucible. the patrolling part of the game doesn't interest me anymore.

Is the armor sold by the vanguard the best we can get now? Or should I wait to buy anything until the next expansion? I have 175 vanguard points and I contemplated buying a few new armor pieces but I held off. I noticed I can get my ice breaker upgraded to the newer version this weekend. It's a shame I already have it maxed out. -_-

I wish destiny would have simply raised the base level past 20. With everything being armor based, I don't think this game will ever not be a giant grind. I don't play nearly as much as I used to and my ice breaker being new again is going to suck so much ass for me. By the time I get it maxed again I bet the third dlc will be out and ill have to trade it in again. ;_;

You get the new Bad Juju, but I'd wait til after HoW in case you get the new new Bad Juju... I'm under 2000 points away from getting it and I'm putting Crucible on hold until after HoW just to see myself.

Wait til after HoW to buy armor, buying a set of 3 and ascending your exotic will get you to 32. Beating PoE on the level 32 list will get you to 34 buying armor from the PoE vendor.

As DX said you'll get the new Bad Juju but I'd wait as well, they'll most likely update the bounty to the new version once HoW goes live. Same with armor, buy new stuff it HoW and then ascend your helm. It'll save you glimmer instead of blowing it on upgrades for new armor now (I'd also wait on Ice Breaker, just ascend it).

Earth isn't dead it's just people don't farm materials anymore since you can go and buy materials with Crucible or Vanguard marks now. Plus you get 10 of whatever materials are on said planet when you do the patrol bounties now. Plus if everyone else is like me they have an extreme excess of spinmetal (I have over 450 atm since nothing I currently have requires it for upgrades).

So if I hold off on trading in ice breaker for the new version, I can ascend the current one I have once HoW comes out.. But would an old ascended exotic get all the same damage output as a newer version ascended exotic? Do you think my ice breaker would retain all it's current unlocks or would ascending it break it down to new all over again? :confused:

You're going to have to reupgrade it, there isn't any getting around that.

As far as population goes. I've notice more people on earth and in the tower... thats not necessarily a good thing. People like to use my spot for the Exalted Hive bounty, which is annoying fighting over kills and screwing up the respawns.

I upgraded my Ice Breaker yesterday.. I didn't realize that the upgraded version would have a base damage that was higher than my old ice breaker (I never finished the last damage upgrade on it). I thought it would have had a lower damage and I'd screw myself. I didn't have enough glimmer to upgrade my helmet but I might wait off on that until the expansion comes out. I didn't have enough time to get that urn bounty done yet. I have a feeling I wont get those new gauntlets until next weekend.