Now we don't need any ascendant materials for exotics. Ok.. but we'll still need endless ascendant materials for legendary weapons and armor. That's still alot of grinding for brand new level 32 armor.

I might be playing some destiny this week at least just to see what the new ice breaker kill effect looks like. It was completely stupid before. If you even notice it when it happens, it looks like an explosion at the enemy's feet like from a bad Power Rangers episode.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I see they increased the base damage for exotics, But I'm still pissed off about the nerf to Suros Regimes' special. Its the most desired non-raid acquired weapon... and I own it. I saved my f***ing coins to get it. I invested the ascended materials to fully upgrade it. No doubt, next time it comes up on Xur, a lot more people will have it. I'm disappointed that bungie is listening to all the whiny bitches about the guns they don't have. Hardlight got a huge buff with even more stability. Red Death got shitted on too by increasing firerate, but then decreasing burst damage... what is the point? Meanwhile lets buff the hell out of MIDA Multi-Tool AFTER Xur sold it. I'm sure now a lot of people are pissed they passed on it.

I see Extended clip was restored for Pocket Infinity in place of speed reload. I agree with that and now feel that Pocket Infinity is worth the bounty again. Hawkmoon got a good fix. Super Good Advice got more stability that I need to test out. I am happy that Vex Mythoclast got restored.

Yeah I bought COD, and yeah they have a history of nerfing guns... but at least I don't have to luck out and get another gun I might like and spend double digit hours to level it up only to find out it has been nerfed. I just need to rank up to unlock it and deal with it. Suros is up there with what BOII did to the FAL... But at least in BOII I had a few other guns I could use that were pure shit in base, and absolute monsters fully upgraded. Thank you MW2 for never nerfing the AK-47, SCAR-H or AUG HBAR. In the hands of a skilled player, you were unstoppable with those. Thank you COD4 for never nerfing the M16, MP5, RPD, AK-74U, G3, M14, G36C, AK-74, R700, M1014... or every gun because they were all damn amazing if you gave them a chance and got use to how they operated.

EDIT: I was super pissed when I posted this. :P

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

http://www.vg247.com/2014/12/02/destiny-the-dark-below-ps3-ps4/

And now I might buy it just for that freaking shotgun. God damn you Bungie and you're crappy DLC but awesome weapons that I feel I must have.

I got on yesterday and honestly the change in upgrading exotics is nice, so much easier to max them out now (although I'm missing the shard for my Third Man helm, now 29 on both Gunslinger and Bladedancer). The buff to Bad Juju is freaking awesome and actually makes the gun worth using now. Have yet to try the Ice Breaker to see it's new animation.

The Suros Regime nerf actually isn't that substantial from what I've noticed but I only say this based on observations of seeing others use it as I do not have the gun myself. Still seems to kill shit just as fast as usual. Like I said can't use it myself.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

The raid gear can only be upgraded with shards and energy only obtainable from the raid. That now makes raids even more pointless for me. I assumed I'd get the raid done someday and get 1 or 2 items and level them up. But now you have to grind the raid just to upgrade the raid items. There are only 2 raids. That would be so much repetition.

That shotgun does look beastly. ^_^

Well that somewhat sucks, I was kinda hoping they'd give us a third subclass since all three Guardians are missing an element type for subclasses. Booo!

Meh, I broke down and preordered the first expansion. Don't really know why outside of the fact that I want that freaking shotgun but yea so when you guys feel like giving her another go just let me know and I'll pop on with ya. Shadows and AC4 will be reserved for my days off so I'm good for Destiny every other day when you guys want to play (which reminds me I need to get on today and buy exotic shards since dip shit is being an ass and not putting the Gjallarhorn back up).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9sDISt1f6Y

I honestly wouldn't get too excited about the shotgun. Seeing that fire rate, It truly is blazing fast. I can already hear the crying and bitching about how its OP in crucible and then it will get nerfed by slowing down the fire rate, gutting its range severely, or a 30% drop in damage. Pocket Infinity is probably the most screwed over gun in the entire game. It's original form may have been over powered when you had the 8 shot automatic and speed reload. They took away the extended battery and made it something not worth working for, after everyone that didn't have it bitched about it. It's not exactly the hardest bounty to complete. So then they add back the extended battery, and took away the speed reload... cool, I'm down with that. Nope, people bitched again, so now they are going to nerf the initial charge up rate. Everyone in PvE gets screwed because the PvP people are probably more active on the forums crying about this crap. Its clear the game's code is tied to deeply in between the two modes that they can't have separate attributes after seeing how they restored the Mythoclast.

Hopefully the Stirke will be more thrilling than Dust Palace.

Meh, I'm still excited about it. Fires just as fast as the Invective and that's currently the best shotgun in the game for pure firepower and speed (though it sucked to reload but that was changed with the last patch). People are going to bitch, I'm used to it since I've been playing MMO's for 10 years now (nerfing and buffing shit is just part of the experience sadly). If the shotgun gets nerfed, it gets nerfed. I only got Invective for PVP and that's the only reason I want The 4th Horseman. Shotguns have no inherent use for PVE content as they are pretty much a close up gun and 90% of all encounters you want to be as far away as you possibly can be from you're enemy (which is entirely why I always have a sniper rifle equipped for my secondary when we run strikes).

Pocket Infinity is extremely bugged right now after the last patch. Not only does it charge almost instantly after reload the reload speed is still faster then it should be considering the apparent changes to it (was watching Twitch this morning and KingGothalion was using it). They should of just left the damn thing alone instead of fucking with it since now it's more screwed up then ever.

They should have left them all alone and made them easier to acquire so everyone stops crying, instead of punishing those that saved their coins/beat the raid/did the bounty. From the latest DLC notes, It seems they are going to do that a little bit.

I did a world boss on GW2 over 100 times (that you can only do once a day for rewards) to get lucky and get my coveted Greatsword that is a super ultra rare drop. I'd sure be pissed if they bugged it out like Pocket. I just hate when people work for things and then it gets shitted on. I bitch about COD nerfs, but those guns don't take a lot of effort to get or level up. Destiny asks you to grind repetitively to get your exotics. (Except for me who can get Patience and Time off a strike playlist XD XD XD)

I still have high hopes for the game, its just going to take a while for all the changes to take place. I fully expect down the road you can equip all exotics. For PvE at least. They'll also eventually offer a different way to level up completely outside the raid. Probably via Nightfall.

Heh, I'd be pissed if they did that to my Relic Weapon in FF. That damn thing is so freaking hard to get and then you have 5 different forms to upgrade it though, If they nerfed it I'd probably drop the game right then and there (especially since I'm on the third form working on the 4th atm).

Yea it seems they're increasing drop rates for gear in Crota's End to deal with the bitching about drop rates in VoG (though it doesn't seem they're going to tweak it for VoG at all, which sucks for those still trying to get through it and get gear). We'll just have to see by how much because if the drops rates are better I might start trying to run CE as often as possible (because it seems the new Legendary gear the vendor will be selling should take us to 31, that includes upgrading our existing Exotic armor pieces).

I really don't have high hopes for this game anymore. All I really hope is the game will get to a place where it's fun to play even when having to grind through shit to get stuff. On that note I will be on Destiny tomorrow and Wednesday night if either of you want to play. Figured I'd get the story missions done and then try out the two new strikes (which I'd rather do with people I know over random people). Maybe get lucky and get some of that new Legendary gear they're putting up on the vendors as well.

I'll try to be on tomorrow. It depends on how long it will take to download the expansion after I'm done working.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/12/08/your-character-progress-will-carry-over-to-destiny-sequel/

Well then.. I was under the impression that destiny was going to be like WOW and GW2. One time purchase for the base game and expansions for years. Looks like we'll have to keep paying for a brand new game probably every other year.

Well I played through the story missions this morning and I'll say they're hard and fun to do (much easier with more people). Set up things for the raid nicely and you get a nice legendary weapon at the end of the quest line (Solar/Arc Fusion Rifle, can switch between the two types). A few things I'm going to elaborate on for you guys though as things have changed (if you haven't been paying attention to the notes).

1. Vanguard and Crucible vendors sell all new gear now so all of the old stuff is gone from them as we speak. However, to purchase said items now requires Vanguard/Crucible Commendations as well as Marks to purchase. Only way to get Commendations is through rep grinding, every time you go up a rank you get a commendation in your rep pack. Luckily it only takes one commendation per piece of gear (that I saw for armor, didn't pay close attention to the weapons). So that means we get to do some serious rep grinding again.

2. Weekly Heroics and Nightfalls have had there difficulties increased to level 30. This means we can't farm the heroics for coins anymore until we get to level 30 which means we now have to do step one just so we can hit 30 (all legendary gear they sell will take us to 31 and when Xur comes on Friday we should be able to upgrade current Exotics (I think, we won't know till Friday)). So put on your grind hats gentlemen, we have a long trip ahead of us.

3. The new vendor, Eris Morn, sells rep related gear for Crota's Bane (new faction). All this consists of is Marks, Cloaks, Bonds, Emblems, Shaders, Radiant Materials, Orbs/Cores for weapon upgrades from Eris and drops from the Hive, and Ammo Synths. She also has bounties for grinding out CB rep to get said items. Black Wax Idols are now used as currency for Eris's stock so we now have a use for all of them outside of glimmer.

4. The only new Strike I've noticed is the Undying Mind one that's supposed to be exclusive to us. I have not found the other one even though it's supposed to be on Earth. Might not be live yet or maybe I just wasn't paying that close attention. There is also a new Strike Playlist named Roc that sets all Strikes to level 26 so that should prove rather fun.

That's really all I got for stuff to cover. Like I said I'll be on tonight but not till closer to 7 my time. If we can't get together tonight we can try later because as I said I'd rather do the new strikes with people I know (though I'll be doing the Roc Strike Playlist for rep and gear so I'll probably get placed into them anyways).

The vanguard and crucible vendors being set for commendations sounds much better than "you must be rank 3 to buy this item". That's a good improvement that I hope is implemented to the other faction vendors.

The weekly heroic is level 30.. does it have a lower difficulty for less coins, or is that the new lowest difficulty? I enjoy this game but I don't think I have it in me to grind to keep enjoying what I like in this game.

I'm looking forward to playing the new missions and strikes. I'll try to be on later but I don't think I will be tonight. I'm working a bit late today and I still need to get out downloaded.

With that solar/arc fusion rifle combined with my void lmg I shouldn't have as much difficulty with higher level enemies.

I should of been more specific, you're still required to be a certain rank to buy your armor and weapons from the vendors but rank 3 is still the highest required (for weapons of course). Forgot to add that.

As far as I can tell the weekly heroics are level 30 and most likely 32 (I didn't click in but everything I have read leads me to believe that there are only two difficulties but I'll look more into it tonight).

As far as I know there was no download. I did leave my PS4 in sleep mode last night but when I got home I didn't see any download notifications. As far as I can tell all those patches before today were downloading bits and pieces of the DLC so there would be no download at launch. Don't quote me on it but I think that's how it went down.

http://kotaku.com/how-to-unlock-the-new-strike-in-destiny-the-dark-below-1668878289

You have to unlock the strike apparently.

I played the first two missions, and they were intense, but very short. They really upped the rate on blue engram drops (Or is that just my luck? XD), and strange coins seem to be given out a lot more freely... but the Cryptarch is still an asshole.

I'm wondering how frequently these will come up on bounties since they are short. It would be nice, instead of having to grind through the Shrine of Oryx for the 1000th time to kill the boss at the end. I'd much rather endure those insane waves of cursed thrall. I don't think I've ever used my boost jump that much for combat until Dark Below.

Hmmm, considering how long the last one is (and the last story mission is a longer one and it's a pain in the ass toward the end) they might rotate in (I honestly hope not, they're fun but the end boss's are a pain in the ass).

Nah, I got like 6 Blue Engrams between the three missions (plus the ones they give you at the end of each one) so it does look like they changed the drop rates on engrams (I got a crap ton of green ones as well, more then I normally do).

That's retarded that we need to unlock the strike. Just give it to us or make it like the others and have in linked to story mission progression. /sigh, guess I'll be doing the unlocking then when I get on after I eat.

Wtf.. I'm only interested in playing the new missions and the new strikes and bungie is making me grind thru bounties anyway just to access the strike. Damn. I have a feeling that if I don't further level up to 31 or 32 by the next expansion I won't be able to unlock those strikes at all because the enemies I'll need to kill will show up as "????" again because of the level difference. :/

Well unlocking the strike isn't as bad as I was thinking it would be, tedious as all hell but not that bad and all the bounty heads are on earth (and the last two are pretty close to each other).

My only gripe so far is the same one as yours, all this damn grinding is getting annoying and I honestly don't know if I want to do it anymore. Not only do I need to grind out 3-4 new pieces of gear and coins for a new exotic armor piece (as it seems we just buy a new one if it's anything like the exotic weapon upgrades (you just get a brand new one that does more damage)) I also have to grind out rep just to get commendations to buy the shit (which I did look again and commendations are only required for helm and chest pieces (I didn't check the weaponry again but I believe they require it as well)) only to go up 2 levels to max out at 31. Bungie really hates us casual players it seems.

I was watching streams of Crota's End tonight and my god I really don't want to do it. The first part is running through the dark to lighted points with endless waves of thralls spawning until you get to a door that you need to open almost in the same fashion as VoG's beginning (though it's only one plate to hold). Did I mention Ogres spawn at that point because they do. The second part (what little I saw of it, my internet crapped out as they were doing it) is trying to build a bridge by capturing points and killing gatekeepers with the swords yellow bared knights are carrying. Don't really know what else goes with it though because like I said my internet crapped out. Now Crota himself looks like a bitch to fight. I really only saw a little bit but what I do know is you can't regen health while Crota is alive and the only way to do so is by picking up a Chalice of Light and passing it between fire team members. The only way to really damage Crota is to take his shield down and send someone in with a sword dropped by a knight to use it's super and do as much damage as possible before Crota regains his shield and one shots you if you don't get out fast enough. Here I thought VoG was a bitch. Also it seems the only way to really beat it is to have at least one member at 31 as the team who got world first did it with one 31 (and I really don't know how unless he got lucky and got all the raid drops he needed right away).

Is it sad I have more fun going 34-30 on COD:AW than playing this game? I completely suck at this COD game, but at least I have fun. I haven't plaid TDM yet, but I love hardpoint for some reason because of the absolute chaos. I can go 5-20 one match and go 40-10 the next. Either way its hysterical and fun. Orbital Care packages can set off a map streak thats a lot of fun, but doesn't contribute much to your overall score per kill like the tram turret on Detroit. I wish I could have saved my video, because I demolished with it. XD

I still don't see how the Dark Below is an expansion. If this game is all about grinding the exact same missions endlessly just to participate in a raid which end goal is basically the exact same thing again.. grind to get the raid gear for the next raid, then I don't think I'll be buying a "Destiny 2". :|

The best expansion I ever bought was Guild Wars: Eye of the North.

http://www.guildwars.com/products/eyeofthenorth/

I spent $20 on that expansion at the time, the same price as the first Destiny expansion.. EotN gave me at least 40 hours of gameplay with a full voiced cast, numerous cut scenes, 18 new dungeons (that doesn't even include the massive amounts of story missions) a bunch of new hero units for my party and an epic story line. I played that game all the time and never ran out of something new to do. That is an expansion. Bungie gives us a couple story missions and a strike. wtf. Oh, but theres a new raid. Eh.

Meh, Bungie doesn't really understand how to make a lasting online game and it shows from this expansion and vanilla Destiny (they're treating it like a run of the mill shooter). Sadly I think this is what we'll be getting in the next dlc as well.

Well I was wrong on the Heroic weeklies since this weeks was the new strike it locked me out of it but now that I unlocked it we can still do it for coins but only 6 since the last difficulty level is 30 and that will be hard as 29's. Though with as stupid as we are I'm sure 30 will be what we do (because we all love a challenge). I'll note this that it seems a lot of the enemies for this dlc have arc shields so having arc weapons will be key it seems for everything that deals with this one (I mean the end boss for the new earth strike has arc shields by the looks of it (and this means Hive, I have no idea what shielding types the other strike has but considering they're Vex enemies I'm assuming Void as well as Arc).

I got on today and what do you know? A lot of  same guns except for Suros were available for upgrades.... and I'm sure suros upgrade wont be back for a while. I couldn't turn in my chest piece because I have to upgrade it all the way I guess? So I'm going to have to upgrade old Patience and Time and my chest piece up all the way just to turn them in for 7 strange coins each, to upgrade them again? They couldn't just patch the damn weapon stats? This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. As if there isn't enough grinding in the game, they make you grind to grind. The whole weapons thing really did it for me. What is to say when DLC 2 comes out, you wont have to repeat this process again? Its bad enough Xur is a weekend vendor who won't sell half the weapons he's suppose too. How many times is he going to sell Patience and Time and Truth? Too many people are going to fall behind and stop playing. This guy is one of them. I'm playing with a friend that started a character and can only play once ever few weeks... but until the player base crashes and Bungie starts caving to bring them back, I don't see myself getting back into this game anymore. Not everything has to be inheritor level type grinding. I don't even care about the Raids or PvP... but if I did, I'd be even more pissed at what they've done. I'm not wasting my time leveling up weapons and armor just so I can trade them in for shit I have to level up again. Its bad enough how you have to keep dropping in level to get better stuff leveled up. No thank you.

Meh, the Husk isn't really worth it. I have it and at it's base level it takes for freaking ever to kill anything and the fire rate is atrocious. Not to mention you need to kill x amount a Hive just to get it to a point where you can upgrade it (need to buy an upgrade material from Eris which requires you to be rank 3 with the new faction to do so) so it's ready for that one piece you need out of Hard mode Crota. The Exotic version better be worth it since it's a lot of grinding to get the POS.

I've been on and off the last couple of days. I plan on getting my character to 31 then I'll quit playing again unless my co-workers want me on for VoG or Crota. The grinding is pissing me off a little because I needed to grind out Crucible for my current chest piece and had to grind out Dead Orbit rep just to get the commendation to buy said chest piece. The only real enjoyment I've been getting is Iron Banner as it's my true calling. I've had my best games ever playing Iron Banner and I'm sad all my shit will reset when they stop it on Tuesday (frick one match I went 32 and 19). Honestly the most fun I've had in this game outside of playing strikes and what not with you two.

Bungie is still shooting themselves in the foot yet again by continually making bad decisions but these decisions will continue as at least half the community loves the continuous grind (all they guys I watch on Twitch love what they're doing with the game but that's only because they have the time to do all the grinding as this is all they do). Until more then half of the player base complains about the continual idiocy of the grinding I'm sure the next expansion will be more of the same shit we've already seen.