That is the problem I'm having getting 365 weapons. I'm spending all my Etheric Light on armor peices. I don't have time to do 34 with both characters every week. TDYK is the only legendary I have that is fully ascended. I have 2 new crota raid primary weapons I'm going to want to ascend, but I need to get my warlock to 34. I don't want anymore of Variks armor so I'm going to have to spend the two I can hopefully grind for on IB to do that. Xur should sell EL for strange coins. Now that I have plan C and Breaker, Gally is the only thing I want from him. Once I get that he's a useless vendor.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

If Xur sold EL for SC the game would be broken. As much as I would love for him to do so it'd just make the game to easy to get to 34 and Bungie is trying there best to make it obtainable through hard work (much like 30 and 32 required you to raid to hit). It sucks but honestly I have to back Bungie's decision to make EL a drop from Nightfalls, 32 and above PoE, and bought from IB.

The only real advice I can give you Sledge is run Last Word up as fast as you can, Not having 331 Special and Heavy weapons sucks but Last Word is a beast in IB, in fact I had some of my best matches of the week using it tonight. My K/D ratio on the matches might not show it but I was wrecking face left and right in the matches I used it in. Sadly I'm not a fan of the Party Crasher I got the other day when we played, it does great damage but it's fire rate sucks beyond all belief. I can get 3 shots off with Invective or Secret Handshake in the time it take Party Crasher to get 2 off (same for Her Courtesy, it's a nice shotgun but sucks for IB). If I could I'd give you some of my specials, I've got way more then I need. As much as I'd hate to say it if you're Murmur is up to snuff pull it out. It's not the greatest Special weapon for Crucible/IB but it should help you out a bit more (that or spend some Vanguard Marks when you have them on a new primary/heavy so you can use Ice Breaker (I've run into quite a few people using Ice Breaker in IB the last 2 days)).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

But it is easy to get to 34 :P it only takes 2 weeks if you only have 1 character to max (1 exotic, 1 Variks armor and 2 EL or 2 Variks armor and 1 EL). The problem is getting your arsenal maxed. The game wouldn't necessarily be broken if he sold them for 23 strange coins like he does crappy sparrow upgrades. Level 34 PoE is a cake walk compared to raids. Especially this week where you just have to pump a bunch of bullets into a servitor. Level 35 on the other hand is a whole different beast, and the rewards are horrible, none of new weapons are really that great.

I really love HoW only because of how they made it possible to get max level with a standard 3 man fireteam. That is the way it should always be from now on. Not only is having to have 6 people bad, but relying on RnG to get to the cap is just a terrible system. There should be new raids in the future, and the sole purpose of the raids should be to obtain the most bad ass weapons in the game. Thats the real reason anyone plays them in the first place. Raid primary legendary weapons are better than all of the non-raid exotics for the most part.

That being said, Bungie needs to not be lazy and rely on content that is only difficult because the enemies are 1 level higher than you... this just makes older things obsolete as the cap gets raised. VoG is truly innovative because of its mechanics. Even at 4 levels higher than hard mode, it is still a challenge because you are required to do more than just shoot enemies. While Atheon himself is now a push over, all the other mechanics of the raid will cause you to fail if you cannot fulfill the requirements. Crota's End however was no where near as innovative. It's now a glorified 6 man strike. Outside of the bridge making, there are no real mechanics to any of it. As long as you have 2 titans and some gallys, the end fight is over in under a minute. A titan pops a bubble to distract the boomer knights while 4 people stand way back and take Crota's shield down and allow the sword bearer to whale on him endlessly until he dies. With a solid team, Crota's End Hard can be done in about 15-20 minutes now. When The Taken King comes out and the cap is raised again, PoE 35 is going to be a joke and no one is going to play it very much anymore outside of getting their 2-6 EL a week depending on how many characters you have. We generally 5 man these raids when not everyone is on, If I see you on Tuesday, Strider I'll try to get you in on it... if they raid.... apparently most of them are getting Elder Scrolls Online so they may be hooked on that for a while. (All I want is Fatebringer dammit!, more than Gally!)

Sledge, if Xur sells Red Death, get it. You can do the weekly heroic on hard this week and Tuesday to get 18 coins back now that you are 33. Pulse Rifles have been buffed since the game came out, and 99% of them have horrid impact. Red Death has scout rifle level impact, and will kill at long range with 2 head shots. It will stop Thorn's burn in its tracks when you unlock the heal perk. Its not the best PvE weapon, but I've learned that some guns are so much better in PvP than they are in PvE and vice versa. Once you get TLW maxed, remember to try to hip fire at close ranges... the damage is outrageously higher and you can take down people in 3 quick body shots. People on reddit call it a crit bug, but its not. XD Also, try out the NL Shadow 701X you got, My co-worker says its a beast, he got one last night, and I got one tonight.

The more I play crucible the more I realized Thorn really isn't that great, and I don't think I'll ever spend the time to do such a tedious bounty for such a underwhelming weapon. Its annoying, but its not a be all end all like SUROS was pre nerf. I expect Hand Cannons to get a range nerf soon too. If you have "Send It" on a HC, you can snipe people with it, and that's just stupid. (My TDYK does it, so I have no bias). Hawkmoon is insanely OP because of this. I know the day I get it, it will get nerfed, just like SUROS did. -_-;

Party Crasher +1 and Her Courtesy are great shotguns ONLY if you get the right rolls for them, Shot Package is a must, along with accurized ballistics, and a bore modifier that gives more range. Felwinter's Lie has the same exact fire rate as these two shotguns. The impact is similar, but its range is unmatched and you have to try to replicate it the best you can. You can't roll Hammer Forged and Shot Package anymore with the newer guns, but you can with Felwinter, and Felwinter is the main reason you can't with PC+1 and HC. XD These shotguns were meant to be higher ranged 1 shot killers. On the other side you have Secret Handshake, which is a lower impact shotgun with a decent rate of fire. From any range, a point blank shotgun blast will kill in 1 hit... but for Secret Handshake, Invective, and 4th Horseman, there claim to fame is there fast rate of fire which will take anything down in 2-4 blasts. Invective has a massive range, but it will still take the full 4 shots to kill something in PvP at Felwinter's 1 shot range. I wan't Felwinter's so bad so I can run it with TLW. Also, get use to sliding... I finally learned the value of this... for shotgun users it closes the gap quick to unleash the barrage of pellets.

I got 6 coins this week, most pug groups I get in are crap for omnigul so I didn't try the weekly on the hardest difficulty yet. I was playing Skirmish yesterday to finish a bounty and that game mode can be a real hit or miss. The matchmaking in destiny needs some work. Maybe because my k/d has been so bad lately that I keep getting teamed up with ppl of similar stats... as in crap teams.. because I'm in a perpetual losing streak with teammates that never go positive now. X_x

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

The mid tier is going to be crap because people are either doing the hardest for 9 coins or the lowest for Invective. :P IB is probably hurting all other aspects of the game this week.

I had horrible luck last I did banner solo. I'd go 1.26+ and wved still lose. I also discovered holding the control points on control only grants bonus points per kill. The initial capture grants points but holding them gets you nothing. I've been playing it like conquest this whole time. XD I played one match were my team only held A and we annihilated the other team by camping near B and racking up kills as the other team defended it. I think that system is kinda flawed, but it's good to know.

See I disagree on the 34 thing, it's just as hard to hit 34 for some of us as it was to get 30 and 32 back in the day. Sledge and I are technically a week behind you and everyone else because we didn't get to do 32 PoE the first week it was out because we don't have people to run it with like you and others I know (nor do Sledge and I have the time to run it, with FF and STO I'm squeezing in Destiny time when I can). Not only are we missing a piece of gear we're also missing EL due to also not being able to do 34 PoE or 35 PoE. My only EL this week (pending on if we do get a chance to do 34 PoE on Sun) is IB and I'm sick of doing IB now and I'm halfway through rank 2. I don't even think I'm going to try of rank 3 anymore due to the overuse of Thorn (no matter what it's still a powerhouse weapon, especially when 3 people on the opposing team are using it. Last Word is the only weapon I have that puts me on an even field with those ass wipes and they still kill me) and the lack of team work from randoms (again I don't have a team to run this with, my schedule is different from my old co-workers now and they're usually playing while I'm at work and you're usually on later at night then I am (and in two weeks you won't see me get on Destiny anymore with Heavensward early access being on the 19th and retail hitting the stores on the 23rd. All free time I have will be devoted to FF again)). Not only that PoE should of been matchmaking for all difficulties except 35. Yes 32 was a lot harder then 28 and I'm sure 34 is even harder but forcing people to try and have pre-mades to do content that was supposed to make it easier for us to hit the new cap is retarded. It's adding a lair of difficulty that's just not needed (but then again this was and is the same problem with raids, as hard as they may be a PuG can and has beaten all the raids on all difficulties, Bungie is just to lazy and stuck up to realize that this is what we want).

See Party Crasher and Her Courtesy shouldn't have need for the right rolls to be good with the stat layout. My Secret Handshake sucks in comparison to the rolls I got on both of those shotguns and it's still a much better shotgun imo. Same with Invective as the only thing that makes Invective good is it's Full-Auto and Invective perks. Don't get me wrong when I do get kills with PC and HC it's usually a one shot kill but that one shot kill usually comes at the expense of me being completely fucked when I get wrecked by the next guy behind the one I killed because my gun isn't ready to fire yet. Slow shooting guns are powerhouses but unless they're full auto guns that can shoot more then one bullet every 3-5 seconds or a hand cannon with high impact your pretty much screwed in a multi-enemy confrontation. As someone who rarely goes below a 1 k/d in Crucible I like my weapons to be fast firing and at least mid-range impact to take care of enemies fast and efficiently and I'm sad to say it but I treat Crucible as if it were COD because they honestly play the same way and lets face it fast firing guns are the bread and butter of COD much like in Destiny. Of course this isn't the same for everyone and if you have a really good team to play with slow firing weapons aren't really going to hamper your ability to kill when you know you have 5 guys/gals that have your back should things get hairy. 

Should of texted me last night Sledge, I'd of helped you get your 9 coins (I did mine this morning since I got the day off) since I was on at the same time as you were (though you were already in it when I got on and in Skirmish when I started doing my bounties). Doing normal Crucible during IB is going to pretty much do that to you. Almost everyone focuses on IB when it's up since the rewards are so much better then what you'd get out of normal Crucible matches. That and IB is just more fun due to advantages being in place (because lets face it a level 6 killing a 34 is just wrong no matter how you look at it).

Edited by Strider Hiryu

Yeah all of PoE should be match made. I'm rarely off on Tuesdays and the only reason I get to run 32 and up is because someone has an elder cipher to grind. If I'm not off Tuesday I don't get to do any raids.

I just don't agree with the time gate method. It drives me insane on GW2 ascended crafting, and it drives me crazy on Destiny. Everyone that has enough people to do 3 nightfalls, 3 34s and 35s PoE, and 3 flawless runs on ToO are put at an advantage on IB because they have more 365 weapons to play with than someone like us. I don't have any 365 heavy so my rocket launcher splash damage on IB never seems to kill anyone unless it's a direct hit.

After loosing 5 IB matches in a row yesterday, getting no points for anything and endless frustration.. I didn't even bother trying it today. -_- I need to get that bad juju bounty done, which is why I was in skirmish.. i had a skirmish bounty too and at least I was making progress on a couple things at the same time. I'm still not used to texting you strider. lol. I'll keep that in mind next time. ^_^ I had about 3 hours to burn tonight, I didn't text either of you because I decided to do a bunch of bounties to level up my last word. I finally got that damn urn bounty done too, which gave me the bounty to kill omnigul. Now I can kill two birds with one stone when I do that weekly at max difficulty probably tomorrow. If either of you have nothing planned, I could probably use the help. :P

I did luck out with a legendary helmet drop. I got the vanguard fear eater, so I started leveling up my fancy exotic scarab gauntlet. The reloading primary weapons faster perk doesn't seem that significant tho. I didn't finishing leveling up TLW yet, I need the last 3 upgrade damage unlocks, but aside from that, the stability perk with the hip fire bonus damage makes this gun beastly now. :D

On a side note, aside from leveling up weapons and doing bounties in the hope of getting a new exotic bounty to pop up for me, I don't actually enjoy doing the bounties and patrolling anymore.. its all so repetitive. The strikes are still enjoyable as long as I don't get the exact same strike numerous times in a row.. and crucible is still fun but the matchmaking seems so off to me.

PoE and Raids need matchmaking. I like the level 28 PoE, but needing to team up outside of the game for higher difficulties is stupidity. I've seen plenty of ppl say on reddit, just use Destinylfg.com or one of the other sites, its quick and easy, blah blah.. but why isn't it in the game!? wtf..

I don't care what the new expansion is going to be after HoW, but if they expect me to actually buy it they need to add matchmaking to everything, and add a damn map to the game. I have horrible memory for scenery.. but I can memorize maps no problem. I still can't find many locations for bounties unless I look up a map on google. It seems so counter productive to me. My guardian can resurrect from death, has a space ship to travel to any planet, can teleport from that same space ship to the planet's surface.. but he doesn't have a basic mapping system, even tho my ghost has now mapped every portion of the explorable areas for bounties.. and even tho I can teleport from my ship to a planet's surface.. I can only teleport to the exact same starting locations on those respective planets.. :wtf: The Raids seem good, but if the next expansion's focus is on 1 or 2 new Raids I'll pass on it. I don't have the time or people to get into a raid, and with my dogs barking randomly, I'd be the worse pug in any group.

And I was thinking about IB earlier.. what about the people that didn't buy HoW? None of them have access to PoE, armor cores to quickly level up.. and all have weapons and armor at Dark Below amounts.. So, when the next expansion hits and if I don't buy it, I'll never be able to even attempt Iron banner again because I'd be completely outclassed in every aspect. :|

Just let me know and I'll help out, got nothing planned tomorrow outside of a little FF and doing laundry. Hell we can do some IB too if you're up for it. I can't promise any wins but it's a hell of a lot more fun when you play with friends (my average is 1 to 2 losses for every win unless I get on a team that actually plays the objective and doesn't get too focused on kills (yes you can win with 1 flag and just camp a damn spot for kills but it goes faster if you try and play objectively)).

I hear you on the bounty thing. Doing it on 2 characters a day gets really freaking repetitive. I thought doing the same things in FF everyday was boring but Destiny really takes it to a new level (and I get more interaction with people in FF then I do Destiny).

I know I sound like a broken record about not buying expansions for Destiny and going back on it but I won't be buying the next one unless Bungie gives me the few things I really want, the main one being matchmaking on everything new they put in (even the new raid). I understand they want these things to be done as a group of friends and they think these things are too hard to pug (which is ridiculous, Crota has been soloed more then once and even on hard mode (as has VoG)) but quite honestly that level of difficulty is needed to keep this game relevant. They're trying to hard to be like an MMO that it's sickening (hell even now MMO's a allowing raids to be done through their Dungeon/Duty/Raid finder systems now (WoW, FF, etc)) because this game isn't even and MMO, it's a shooter trying to be an MMO (Borderlands is more of an MMO then Destiny is (even if you only have 4 player online co-op)).

A lot of those people who didn't buy HoW probably don't even attempt IB due to the extreme differences in weapon damage and armor ratings but they can still hit 34 as you can get EL from Nightfalls (I don't know the drop rate but I have yet to talk to someone who has gotten one from a Nightfall). It'll take them longer to hit 34 and get those 365 weapons but they can still obtain it. Honestly as long as you can hit the old level cap from the previous expansion and get weapons of at least the same damage as the previous expansion you can still see some success in IB. I'm using 331 special and heavy weapons and they still tear through a 34 like they were a 32 or 33. Hell my Last Word doesn't even feel like it's doing anymore damage than my Her Mercy does in IB, it kills faster but feels like it does around the same damage per hit. If it wasn't for fire rate I'd probably use my Her Mercy over my Last Word but Last Word is a better choice for IB right now when facing Thorn newbs.

Sounds good. The only thing I have planned for tomorrow is slow cooking some ribs on my smoker, playing some Destiny and GW2.. and maybe watching a movie at home. Aside from that weekly heroic and some IB, I need to get about 60 more vanguard marks from strike playlists so I can buy the Sawtooth Oscillator from the vanguard guy.

The Guild Wars 2 lfg panel is so damn convenient because you can easily join on a team for group events, dungeons, organized world boss maps, etc.. But Destiny doesn't really need an lfg like that. Bungie needs to stop trying to make this like an MMO, and expand their matchmaking system they already have in place. If 4 people can team up, good.. let their fireteam jump in a raid and get auto matchmade with the remaining 2 they need. I don't see why they don't allow this.

Oh.. and I forgot to mention about time gating. It makes some sense for GW2.. there are only about 10 crafting items that are time gated and I believe it is strictly for controlling the market for those items. Not always in the best way tho. Damask is bullshit. lol. I make 1 a day to make a few gold profit a day and damn its annoying to do that daily instead of in batches. But for Destiny, there is no market. I don't see the point in having anything time gated or for having weekly caps on vanguard and crucible marks. GW2 has all dungeon paths and world bosses capped at 1 large reward chest per account per day, but they don't have any weekly caps like Destiny. Well, technically the there is because all the daily rewards added up would be the actual weekly amounts, but thats only for large reward chests. Theres plenty of smaller chests and other events that can be farmed endlessly. The only reason I can understand Bungie putting a weekly cap in place, is that they are following the mobile gaming trend of time gating everything. People are already used to playing mobile games for 5 minutes at a time or only once a day, and Bungie wants to make sure dedicated players don't get burned out all in one month, so they put time gate caps on chests and RNG on everything to make sure nobody will ever get all gear or exotics. I'm surprised they haven't put micro payments in effect yet. I doubt Xur will ever sell EL, because if Bungie wants more money, they might sell 5 packs of them for $4.99 a piece in a DLC.

O.o I'm up for strike playlists as well because my Warlock needs 33 or so more marks to get boots so I can hit 32 on her (or buy a better chest piece, I got the Dead Wraps from a Legendary Engram I got tonight and I like the perks but hate the look (yes, it's all about fashion on my Warlock. My Hunter can look like crap but my Warlock needs to look good)) so I can start doing the weekly twice a week to get more coins (really want to buy the Obsidian Mind for my Voidwalker subclass for when I level it but I spent 23 coins to upgrade my blue sparrow today as Xur was selling shit like usual and am down to 22 coins again).

FF has a similar system on capping tomestones every week that allows us to buy new gear so it doesn't really bug me that we're capped on how many marks we can get a week (to buy near raid level armor and weapons in FF it requires Tomestones of Poetics which used to be capped at 450 a week (with all armor pieces costing 495 at the cheapest and 1300 at the most expensive) which they now upped to 900 as a way of helping us get geared for Heavensward). It's a retarded system but like I said it doesn't really bug me (though they need to up the cap from 200 total marks to something like 500 total marks and up to 150 marks a week since it takes 150 marks to buy weapons (the most expensive piece of gear to buy currently)). Then again this is Bungie and they don't exactly use their heads anymore when it comes to game making and making their customers happy.

Don't give them ideas Sledge, they may start doing micro-payments just to spite us (I can actually see them doing this since they have been getting quite greedy lately).

If they don't match make, they should at least have an in game LFG system that lets you invite players. This would actually work better. Spending a lot of time on the Destiny reddit there are some really cool people on there willing to help people get through raids. I don't really attempt it because I don't like friending randoms. It would be a lot better to post an ad about needing help, then be stuck in a group of elitists.

I didn't even think of base game players playing IB... I would hope match making would pair them with like players that don't have the DLC. I got a thing for my dad's b-day tomorrow, I wont be on til kinda late. But i will be off Sunday if you want to attempt 34 to get some EL. If they follow the same rotation, The Servitor will be 32 on Tuesday and the Cabal will be 34 again. Those are the two easiest bosses because they don't kill you with their insane special abilities. We can cheese the cabal boss, we'll just have to have everyone have a different elemental heavy to knock down his shield when he changes its element type. They did nerf Forever Eater though, and if we all use Ice Breaker to bust out of his detainment fields I'm all for giving it a shot to get you guys some armor cores. Variks armor attributes are shit, but at least you can get to 34 with them until you have EL to ascend the armor you really want.

I'm telling you... body shot hip fire TLW is insane... you just have to hope they don't have Felwinter's XD. Like I was telling Sledge earlier. I love TLW and Red Death, and I will use them accordingly, but I really want to ascend more legendary primaries so I can stay with Invective. I'll gladly let my team get slaughtered when I see 10 seconds on the special ammo crate and sit there waiting for it. XD. Invective bucks me from that greedy trend. I hope there is a Fusion Rifle that regens ammo down the road, because TBH they beat any mid range weapon if you have a good enough charge time. I want to ascend my Plug One.1. The difference between 331 and 365 isn't noticeable at times, but it is with fusion rifles. The last IB I was melting faces with it, and now sometimes at range I only bring them down to 1/5th health and they finish me off. A maxed fusion rifle is a one shot kill every time. You need a fast charge time, but not too fast, that way you have a grace period to charge and let go when you turn a corner and no one is there... the radar is really bad in crucible... I wish there was a hardcore mode without it. Someone can be half way across the map and will ping the damn radar.

post-4-0-44944200-1433659807_thumb.jpg

Aww yeah!!!

I took advantage of the bonus XP for characters that are a lower IB rank. I got to rank 3 in one sitting. I doubt I'll get to rank 5, and rank 3  on both characters allowed me to get 2 EL AND the shotgun I've been wanting. And It dropped for me as soon as I hit rank 3 with my warlock. I've accomplished exactly what I wanted in IB, but I'll still be playing til reset. I'm dead broke on glimmer though.

I've also become accustomed to using Blink for crucible. It sucks in PVE, but its amazing in PVP. You can dodge rockets and supers if you time them just right. Plus it confuses the hell out of snipers or anyone that has a line of sight on you. Since long, drawn out jumps(Titan/Warlock) are the death of you pretty much in PVP, its my go to jump. I'll have to upload a video later of me totally blinking out of a nova bomb and getting a melee kill on the guy that cast it. Warlock is definitely my favorite PVP character now. The Nova Bomb with max splash damage equipped is so deadly, its harder to aim with blink since you have to make a split second decision but I got a ton of 3-4 man kills saving control points. The Titan's Fist of Havoc is great, but it puts you in harms way. I'd say the best super for PVP is blade dancer though. Hunters seem to be almost invincible when using it unless you get lucky enough to unload 2 point blank range shotgun blasts into them because they happened to miss (BLINK BABY!). Not only that, but you can force a Titan or Warlock to waste their super just to kill you, instead of saving it for a more valuable multi-kill. A super is the most effective way to stop a blade dancer outside of a rocket launcher... everything else is blind luck. Golden Gun is insane too, but I've stopped many in their tracks with one of my lovely shotguns. Self-rez Warlocks in crucible is a big gamble. I've put many of them back down with my shotgun/melee. Sunsinger in PVP is only valuable in ToO, otherwise its purely a Raid/PoE life saver. I would say the same for Titan Shield, but I saw a well organized team use it insanely effetively on my team the other night. They had the perk where it hurt you to go inside their shields, and they would capture all zones and pop bubbles on them all, gathering the orbs each other made... the effectively locked down all the zones this way. The more I think about it, Titan is really the worst crucible class though. You have a devastating super that leaves you vulnerable, and all your grenades suck ass. Warlock's have a great super, Blink, and a few decent grenades. Hunters have two of the most powerful supers, the most deadly grenades, and they also have Blink... but their normal jump blows ass.

I got this bad boy to fall as well... I'm going to have to roll it like this guy did.

Unless blink was changed some since I last used it months ago, I didn't think it was good for pvp at all. Lol. I swear it would clip on everything. The slightest edge of a wall would stop the blink in its tracks prematurely. It also never saved me from anything. If I saw a rocket coming, I'd blink away but if the rocket hit the location I was just at while I'm rematerializing in the new location it would still kill me. Which is funny because I've seen it happen to someone else to. Someone blinked in front of me and vaporized. XD if I hadn't experienced it myself is wonder wtf just happened. XD

I wonder if blink differs between Warlock and Hunter as far as distance and speed. I want to say the Hunters is faster. You have to be in the completely dissappeared moment before you reappear when the rocket or super goes off. It doesn't always work because ever rocket has a different speed and blast radius, making it hard to judge the timing. But when you pull it off it's glorious, especially if you were the only target because you made them waste their heavy. :P

Blink differs between Bladesingers and Voidwalkers. Warlock's is a lot easier to use and control where Hunter's is a pain in the ass to use unless you know exactly how to use it and how to aim it. You're better off just using Double Jump if you're a Bladesinger, will save you the massive amount of headache from using a jump that, as Sledge says, clips on any small pixel.

Sunsinger is amazing in PVP if you know how to use it and having the right perks selected in your tree. I've been decimated by self-res Warlocks more then I'd like to count because if you're smart you do it when the person who killed you isn't paying attention and use a quick Scorch on them to get your fire shield your practically invincible for up to 12 seconds and you have grenades for days (and depending on the grenade you can wreck serious havoc and if you have the additional grenade perk selected it's game over). 

Meh, I hit rank 3 yesterday and just gave up. Fel isn't worth grinding IB for anymore (I'm happy with Invective, it's still a 1 shot kill and close range and it took less time to get) and being stuck in groups that can't win a match (sorry but if you're not winning IB is a waste of time) sucks major ass. Not to mention I've seen enough of Thorn to basically keep me from doing Crucible again until the next IB (hell I'm going to scrap my bounty, I hate that gun so much I refuse to own it now). I got some pretty good weapon drops out of IB so I'm happy with what I got out of it and I got my EL so meh.

The thing that pisses me off the most when I play solo is when you were with a decent team and won a few matches, you'd all of the sudden get Searching for Guardians (1/12) and get put on a garbage team the next round after destiny decided you won too much with randoms.

Felwinter's is nice. But it has now been outclassed by Matador 64. You can get even more range with that thing, and it drops in regular crucible.

Yea IB rep resets at the end of every IB which sucks massively but they do it so you have to actually earn your rewards each time instead of going into the next IB with max rep and getting your weapons/armor/EL right off the bat. It's there way of balancing out the gear distribution since back in the day IB gear and raid gear were equivalent. Now it really makes no sense since IB gear isn't equivalent to PoE vendor gear, you'd think they'd be willing to let us just keep our ranks (then again EL would be extremely easy to get then since you could get a guaranteed 2 every IB).

The Matador is a beast, I don't know how many times I was killed with it on Saturday. I'd really like to get myself one but as I said I'm sticking away from Crucible now until the next IB plus my Crucible rank isn't high enough for me to even spend my marks and Dead Orbit has nothing of interest for me to buy (though I would like to get my hands on their Auto Rifle, it might have a high clip size and low impact but with the right rolls the damn thing is stable as fuck and extremely accurate).

According to Reddit every first IB after a DLC has old level armor. the next IB will have max light armor. It's kinda stupid they do it that way.

I did what I never thought was possible today. I went flawless in Trials of Osiris... with all the buffs of course. XD We went 7-1 in actuality. I got my elite emblem and unfortunately my second Monte Carlo. I did get The Adept version of the Messenger with arc burn. http://www.destinydb.com/items/149649367-the-messenger its a thing of beauty. It packs a wallop like Red Death but will be way more stable when I get it maxed out. Its going to be a monster in Crucible. I also got new boots, gauntlets, and some more EL. Its definitely the most bountiful as far as rewards go... My first attempt 2 weeks ago we couldn't even get 3 wins. But this week we got lucky getting matched up against level 30s, people using blue equipment, and even got a free win from a team that left before the match started. When playing against a team with good loadouts, Its definitely the most intense level of PVP Destiny has to offer. I wish I would have recorded our second to last win. We ran all self-rez warlocks and we played a team that did the same. (its amazing how little its used. you basically have 6 extra lives if you manage to get your super twice). Everyone was hiding on a 4-4 gamepoint match, the control point went up and everyone rushed it, dying and self resurrecting. What ensued was 6 glowing people constantly meleeing and throwing grenades and everything... everyone looked the same and teammates were hitting each other out of confusion. XD Somehow we came out on top.

The next Destiny expansion is called The Taken King, according to marketing materials sent to Kotaku. It’ll be out on September 15 and will open up a new subclass for each of Destiny’s three classes, according to the leak.

This evening, a tipster sent over a large marketing sheet for The Taken King, which we’ve been able to corroborate with other sources. The sheet—which lists The Taken King at $40—offers a handful of details surrounding Destiny’s next expansion pack. For example, it confirms the existence of a new subclass for each of the game’s three classes, along with a new elemental super ability: an electrical storm for Warlocks (arc); a gravity bow for Hunters (void); and a flaming hammer for Titans (solar). Hardcore Destiny players will notice that each of these abilities revolves around the element each respective class lacks today.

In addition to the usual additions we’ve seen in both other Destiny expansions so far—new Strikes, new PvP maps, etc.—The Taken King will have a raid pitting players against Oryx, father of Crota, who is apparently looking for revenge (and leading a new army of baddies called the Taken). Crota, you may remember, was the big bad raid boss in the game’s first expansion pack.

http://kotaku.com/leak-destinys-new-expansion-is-the-taken-king-out-sep-1709972043

So we'll get a new subclass, a new raid that I'll probably never play and no news about a new planet or matchmaking improvements. The new subclass sounds like fun, but not $40 fun when GW2 HoT and Star Wars Battlefront will be out around the same time. I think I'll pass on any more dlc. I remember Bungie saying at one point that Destiny's universe would be as big as Star Wars.. but at $40 a dlc for more moon missions, It'll be another $1000 a player before we ever finish the initial solar system.

O.o a Gravity Bow for Hunters, that's an odd one. Lightning storm for Warlocks, YES PLEASE! Good god that would be amazing if done right, I can just think of all the death and destruction that could bring in Crucible and PVE content.

Hmmm, I'm with Sledge on this one. $40 is a hefty price for a DLC especially for a game that runs out of things to do quickly but if this is the so called Comet DLC that was being rumored this is supposed to be two expansions worth in one (though it is missing one raid since Comet was said to come with 2 raids). With Battlefront coming out around that time it's just not financially viable (especially with my $145 FFXIV expansion purchase (damn those Collector's Editions, bane of my existence)).

I'm reserving my judgement to see what all is said at E3. The taken sound interesting. Perhaps this may answer what the Hive were communicating with during the Shrine of Oryx mission... which was beyond Pluto.

I'd like to see more on Rasputin, and the base story... and more Cabal love, which doesn't seem to be happening with this DLC.

http://imgur.com/a/pss4w XD LMAO!!!!

I'd like a new subclass but it'll only involve more grinding endless strike playlists to level it up.

It'll be a hard sell for me.. more strike speed runs for hours.. or I could spend that $40 towards the uncharted trilogy and have a great story that'll keep me entertained for a couple solid weeks.

Any new expansion bungie releases at this point could be considered 2 expansions worth considering how small the dark below was. :P