Yea I'd like to get my hands on both, very nice weapons and I see a lot of people running around with them.

Just to let you and DX know I threw a post up in the Clan forum about Vault of Glass. All it's about is seeing what days and time people can play so we can see if we can coordinate an attempt at it soon. I'm in no real rush to get through it but sadly I'm finding myself getting bored with the game and if that keeps up I'll most likely be quitting until December when the first expansion hits (plus I've been away from FFXIV for three weeks and it's about time I get back on that, as I said before I'm sure my Free Company (guild) is wondering where the hell I'm at). Head on over and give it a read and post your available times so we can work something out. Hopefully the others will see it.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Once the Halloween Festival begings on GW2, you won't see much of me on Destiny.

I can't believe it took me this long to do it, but I finally took the sensitivity up to about 6 today, and now this game plays so much better. I don't know why I didn't think of that before. I started spending ascended energy on my Red Death. I probably should wait til Friday... but I know how this game is an asshole.... I might as well spend them all so Xur will have something I really want... then when I want energies for my new gun, I'll only get shards. XD

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I'll be on gw2 quite often once the Halloween event starts and I'll be having a new puppy taking up my time in about 10 days.

After watching some vog videos I feel like we are wasting our shards on our current legendary armor because vog drops even better legendaries. Vog really needs a match making. I don't care about beating it on hard I just want to play it and beat it at this point so I can give the game a break for a while before I get burned out on it. If this game is going to last 10 years bungie needs to add more missions and expansions at a faster rate or at least change their loot drop / farm / grind to level up.. I think I'd have enjoyed this game more if we already hit level 30 two weeks ago and already beat the raid a couple times instead of doing endless repeating bounties. :/

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I jumped on Destiny tonight so I could see how my new scout rifle works for me.. Head shots with it have great damage, but it takes a few extra rounds to take out basic enemies compared to my hand cannon. I'm not all that thrilled with that, but I'm pleased with the fire rate and the fast reload speed after a kill is a nice benefit. So I did a couple bounties while testing it out and got the explosion perk for the ice breaker unlocked.. the explosion seems pointless. I don't see how it even damages nearby enemies. I was hoping for a decent explosion, but it wasn't even as good as the normal vaporizing effect that happens to enemies with a super or fusion rifle kill. I turned in those two bounties and finally got an exotic bounty. I grabbed the one for Bad Juju because the other two required far too much crucible work. I'll eventually get it done, but I'm not going to rush to accomplish it right away.

It was a pretty decent day for me on Destiny

1. The Daily Heroic was the easiest they have put up so far. I ended up getting a legendary boots engram, and to my delight the cryptarch gave me 3 ascended shards for it!

2. I purchased an upgraded sparrow from the Vanguard Quartermaster for 175 marks. While some of his weapons interested me. I have my heart set on MIDA Mutli-Tool or Hard Light... which ever comes first from Xur. It seems a bit faster, but I will have to reserve my judgement for next time I'm on with a full fire team. One thing is for sure, it handles like a dream. The strafe movement seems pointless, but the turning is so much more reactive, and when falling from cliffs or getting major air, the recovery is insanely better.... you don't drift much at all and pick up speed instantly. It wasn't a necessity, but I didn't really want to buy anything else with marks. I still managed to flip it once, but it seems much less clumsy than uncommon sparrows. This is what the pre-order bonus should have been.

3. I ended up getting the pocket infinity bounty again. I have been saving blue fusion rifles since the last time I scrapped it. I need to dismantle 6 more and I will just suffer through grinding out 200 kills solo on nightfall, just to have it.

4. I am one upgrade left from maxing Red Death. I'm not a big fan of pulse rifles, and me and ole Red got off to a rough start. Now that I've been using it for a while, I can say its a damn fine weapon. Once you get use to aiming a little low, and getting the Red Death upgrade for it, you'll fall for it as I have. Its definitely a weapon more suited for Hunter or Warlock. Once I get the exotic primary I want, I will store it in my vault for a more fragile class. The healing per kill is a huge asset for non titans. If this weapon rolls for you on an engram, I highly recommend grinding through it's growing pains. It's probably not the best PvP weapon, but it can be a lifesaver on PvE.

Well just a heads up Xur is selling Truth this week for his Exotic Weapon choice and his Exotic Engram is for a chest piece. Otherwise he has the same helm I'm currently wearing for Hunters up, a chest piece for Titans, and a pretty nice helm for Warlock's. Kinda disappointed with his wares but since I'm lacking in the coin department this week I'm kinda happy as I would of been pissed if he had Hard Light or the Mida up.

So yesterday I got my first legendary engram in almost 2 or so weeks out of a chest. Sadly it was an arm piece engram and decrypted as a Titan piece but that's good for when my Titan hits 20. Got another legendary engram out of the Cryptarch this morning that decrypted as energy (would of liked some damn shards but ohwell, 3 more energies and I can finish my Monte Carlo upgrades). Not a bad day so far but could of done with better stuff.

Bad Juju is a long trip to get too once you hit my area of it. 25 strikes sucks to do and I need to do 4 more (and before Sunday, I need something off of Xur before he disappears).

I need to do the weekly strike again to progress this exotic bounty so I can get to the massive strike part. Aside from the weekly me and Dx were texting and we're thinking is probably for the best that whenever the 3 of us are on at the same time we should farm the raid. It could be possible for us to beat it and even if we don't the item drops from regular enemies and bosses will be better than what we'd get on a strike. That and it'll be a nice change of pace to do something new.

Played a little bit today. I must be on some type of roll. I got 2 ascended energies and an ascended shard from farming public events for the All For One bounty, and then my daily reward for PEs was an ascended shard. 5 shards in 2 days is a welcome change. I hope this is some type of unannounced balancing in the latest hotfix.... Or maybe the game has decided I have way to many strange coins and energies and is begrudgingly giving me shards. XD

Damn.. Maybe you got a new grimoire bonus? I was I could get some shards. :/ next time I get on I should be able to hit vanguard rank 3 and ill get that small clip auto rifle. This Scott rifle is nice but it doesn't feel quite right. Maybe I just need the upgrade damage for it.. but I've been craving an auto or pulse rifle.

I doubt it since most came from a legendary engram.

If you want a pulse rifle I'd highly recommend Fair and Square from the Crucible Quarter Master. I can't recommend auto rifles because they all react so differently in recoil and what not. I'd def research them on youtube to see if they are dancers or lifters as far as muzzle drift.

Interesting

3 new shards including exotic shards. As if regular shards weren't hard enough to come by. If they raise the level cap I hope its not through more armor upgrades. I'll never have the time to actually level up completely new armor again to attempt a level 40 raid if that's the case. They need to increase the drop rate for armor upgrades and drop the minimum difficulty for weekly nightfall and possibly the new raid. I like to enjoy the challenge but not spend 50 hours to get random shards to be able to attempt it. :crap:

From what was leaked during that bug the next raid is level 30 as well (or so it said in the screen shots) so I don't think a level cap increase will be coming until the second expansion (if it even comes) and you know it's going to be through gear as I don't think they've thought far enough ahead to allow us room to grow as characters (I mean they'd have to come up with whole new sets of abilities and I doubt that's feasible for them atm).

More shards is going to suck. As you mentioned it's a pain in the ass getting shards now and you want to add a whole new set of them. Christ I'm not looking forward to that. They need to redo their whole loot system to being with to make it more fair because as it stands Legendary drops aren't a guarantee unless you're doing Vault and even then you still run the risk of getting trolled with shards and energies (not bad mind you but you're raiding more for new weapons and gear, the shards can come after that). Honestly it's a pain in the ass to get geared to even do Vault so they need to fix this (I mean I'd be nowhere near geared if it wasn't for the Queen's Wrath event).

Like I said before I'm to the point where I need a break from this game. I'll still get on and play when you guys want me too but for now I'm only going to be getting on for bounties everyday and that's probably it. I'm getting back into Star Trek Online and I really need to get back on FFXIV so yeah. I just don't have it in me to grind for a game that basically trolls us around every corner making it nigh impossible to get what we need.

I agree about that. It makes me think about how Destiny made the game to target numerous audiences. I'm realizing now that the weekly nightfall strikes and hard mode level 30 raids are not for me. I'll still do the raid on normal difficulty when we can team up, but I hope the next raid will be accomplishable at level 27 too because I have no interest grinding out new level 40 armor.. or in replaying the same raid endlessly to get better armor drops that give bonuses specifically for doing the same raid, but makes it possible to actually beat it on hard mode.. but only if you farm for endless shards and materials to then upgrade that brand new armor. Bungie really targeted level 30 raids to all those people out there that have nothing better to do with their lives. x_x I was playing crucible yesterday for a change of pace. I'll probably get on later today and / or tomorrow to finish up my vanguard rank 3 with a couple bounties.

I was glad we made it past the entrance. Not bad at all for our first go. I'll watch some more videos for strategies. The two biggest things I learned from tonights attempt. While defending either of the two end plates, when a Praetorian spawns at the end near the middle plate, if that Praetorian starts walking towards the middle, let it and warn the middle defenders. Because if it is going to the middle, then that means another one is already spawning at the far end of the plate I'm currently at. Sometimes they will double up on a particular plate, but as long as we don't interrupt where they are going, it should flow smoother for our own defensive locations. Also, body block the Praetorian. I kept letting them come to me while I was shooting.. but the best thing I could do was rush into the guy's face while unloading my machine gun so he couldn't get that one foot onto the plate. As long as someone held the bastard in place (he was stuck on me like when we accidentally clip on each other) and we shoot off it's head, then jump back from it while reloading, it really seemed to have no idea where the plate was at that point as long as his initial movement is stopped.

After attempting the Raid, I now have a bit of renewed interest in Destiny. I'm feeling a bit more motivated to get my assault rifle leveled up and to max out my ice breaker and supremacy now. But I really need a solid legendary fusion rifle with void damage. It would make that first part quite a bit easier I think.

Edited by Sledgstone
A couple fixes

Hmm, that isn't always true though. Its been where two Praetorians spawn at that back location, when you are doing well on the left plate. one is going up to the middle, but it isn't always clear. This happened twice to me during our 5 main attempt. I hope the thing between Avolanty and myself is just a rare glitch. Our connections have a hiccup between each other. Both times the sound for the entire game on my side shut off for a second and when it came back on, I could hear everyone except him. But I've also played where it never happened when we are both on.

Pulse rifles are completely useless in PvP. The Hand Cannon is a beast if they can't go run and hide. It takes 4-5 shots, but I can't even get off two with red death. If I can get my hands on Hard Light, I'll be more interested in crucible.

Hmmmm, I'm thinking the next time we attempt this we use Playstation's party system. This might fix the problem as last night we were using Destiny's built in voice system. I've heard of others having trouble with the voice system as well but I don't know if partying first will be the solution but we can always try.

As much as I love my Monte Carlo I now realize I'm going to need a different Auto Rifle if I'm going to be of any real use to the group. It was taking a full clip of 36 to kill most of the Vex we were fighting both in and outside of the Vault. I know a different one won't help all that much but something with more impact might just up my damage potential a lot. I'd use Bad Juju but that thing has horrible recoil and while it is full auto that just fucks me up even more. Sigh, I might just break out The Devil You Know for Vault next time if I don't have anything better, at least that does more damage and is a whole lot easier to handle (even if it is slow to fire).

I do remember what you're talking about DX. There was a couple times where we had two spawn at once in the left middle, thankfully they split, but as soon as one went down another spawned out the cave immediately heading towards the left plate while we had another 1 attacking from the back.

The Shadow Price from the Vanguard was working good for me. I was able to kill most regular vex with a little under one clip and it only has 25 bullets and thats with no upgrade damage yet. I also never ran out of primary ammo because of it. Once I get it upgraded a bit I should have no problem taking out a couple goblins in one clip. If your hand cannon is leveled up you should be able to kill most of those enemies with 1 or 2 bullets if you hit them with criticals. I was tempted to switch over to mine but my auto rifle was holding up ok.

My Zombie LMG is void and during our first 4 man attempt I unloaded into every Praetorian I saw until it was dead, but I went through 3 heavy ammo synthesis and still ran out constantly. By the time we got to our 6 man attempt I got my timing down a bit better so I would shred them for a couple seconds until their shields went down and switched to my auto rifle to finish them. That worked out much better because I had extra heavy ammo to keep tearing into Praetorian shields and to occasionally mow down a group of vex if they started accumulating in too high of numbers. During out 6 man attempt I only had to use one heavy ammo synthesis. I was also using my Supremacy because it was void. Once we destroyed the Praetorian on our side, I'd aim across to the right plate and throw a couple shots into a Praetorian over there. I didn't know how well I'd do with a sniper rifle as a secondary during this, but I'd switch to it when I went to body block a Praetorian and I'd keep hip firing it. That guy would fill most of my screen so I never missed and that Supremacy hits hard as hell because I'm only 2 attack upgrades from maxing it out.

During the second part, I had to switch to my ice breaker so I could pick off the hobgoblins that were sniping us. As long as I hit them in the sweet spot they would die in one hit. The ammo regen came in handy because I couldn't find any green ammo at all during that part.

I just picked up the Shadow Price this morning before I got off after turning in a crap ton of Spinmetal just to get the marks. I tried it out for a little while earlier while I was farming more Spinmetal for my Ice Breaker. It's going to take some getting used to as I'm not used to the slow fire rate yet but the damage potential of this gun is amazing. Give it a few upgrades and it'll hold it's own in both the Crucible and in Vault. Now all I need to do is get my hands on a Void Fusion Rifle or Shotgun and I'll be ready to go for Vault the next time we attempt it.

Even though the "exploit" has been fixed I do see Ice Breaker becoming a very valuable tool for that part since those Hobgoblins are a pain in the ass. I did find a nice little spot to hide from them but it puts you directly in the Templar's line of fire and makes it hard to find Oracles when they spawn.

I noticed that your body block was very effective. Sadly we're a bit squishy so I'm more about keeping distance between myself and them. The one thing I noticed though is we seemed to drop them faster as long as we called out where they were coming from. As long as we communicate it's actually a lot easier to hold the points. I noticed the hardest points to hold are the right plate and left plate as the spawn rates for those are completely ridiculous. The middle is a little easier to hold as whoever is there gets a little more time to effectively set themselves up for the next wave, even giving themselves some time to throw some help at the others (as long as there is two people). I wouldn't of had trouble with them if I had had a void weapon when I held middle but it just got overwhelming when your weapon is doing nothing more then 20 damage a hit on the shields and less then 60 on the main body.

*crosses fingers that Suros Regime or Hard Light sells this weekend*

Did some bounties and reached FWC rank 5... got a legendary warlock chest piece and a shard. The shards have been coming in for me pretty good as of late. I've grabbed at least one a day for a few days now. I also got one from my daily PE postmaster.

I played a little today and got nothing good. A few blue pieces.. got to cryptarch rank 10 and got 2 more blue pieces. I did a bit of crucible and saw somebody get a strange coin while I got a level 16 blue shotgun. wtf. I can't get coins or shards for the life of me.

Before I bought Shadow Price, I looked up what would be the best legendary assault rifle.. aside from that epilogue gun from the raid, I kept seeing the Shadow Price and Vanquisher VIII as the best ones. The Vanquisher has a few less bullets but it has fast reload buffs and better stability, but the SP has the armor piercing which should work amazing. Once I get it unlocked I'll test it more thoroughly.

I think Suros Regime would be better for PvE... its slower rate of fire is stable and reliable for constant head shots. Its chance to heal per hit is another great asset. Hard Light's fast rate of fire seems to benefit Crucible more than PvE. I'll buy either one just because my crucible match with you guys peaked my interest. I just need a better suited gun for it.

I was planning on doing a little grinding on my day off, but I had to dump another $400 into my car. Power steering pump was going out, and I've been putting it off for a while, but it was getting extra whiny so it was time. I'll be on probably around 6:30-7 ET to do some daily heroic and weekly strike if anyone is on. Hell I'm up for a VOG if we can get 6 on again.

EDIT: If I am no on, its because I'm still waiting at the shop -_-;

I didn't get a chance to see your post till now.. Wow.. power steering too. Mine went on my Blazer at around 80,000 miles but I lucked out and it was only a broken line and not the pump itself. That thing vomited power steering fluid all over the road right after I pulled over. -_- Driving without power steering is interesting.. Its not so bad while the car is moving, but if you're at an almost dead stop, that wheel won't move anywhere. If your pump was bad it could have caused extra stress on your alternator and A/C compressor that runs on the same belt. Hopefully it was just an internal problem with the pump and not the thing's pulley. You'd have probably seen random dimming internal lights or your headlights noticeably dimming at night while you brake if there was a problem.

I'm glad we were able to get the weekly done on max difficulty. A guaranteed 9 coins a week would be great for us to get the gear we need for the raid. I only have 15 coins atm, I'd like my next purchase from Xur to be a primary exotic, but that won't happen for me this week.