I did a little bit of this today. It gets redundant fast, but I did get to level 21 by finding blue engrams.

After finishing up story mode I can kinda see why some could be disappointing with the story. There are many things left unanswered. But I expect that to be revealed in the expansion pass. The game is fun as hell playing with friends.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/09/17/destiny-guide-complete-tips-enemies/ << Love the Knights with swords tip XD!

My least favorite enemies

1. Knights with Swords - They're straight up assholes.

2. Minotaurs - They are assholes too, the mutli-teleport to get close to you and avoid your void weaponry is crazy, but they aren't as scary as sword knights because they arent as fast and don't chase as aggressively.

3. Cloked Vandals - Just an overall nuisance. On their own they aren't bad, but they normally show up when you are tied down by something bigger. They are great at dropping your shields when you don't have time to look for a distortion in the distance.

4. Champion level Hobgoblins - They can one shot kill you.... nuff said

5. Any Elite Cabal - They love rockets.... 

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Based on the fact that Bungie's previous game series Halo had

• You being called Demon
  • The Prophet Of Truth also being a title held by Jesus Christ
  • The Ring World's being referred to as Halos
  • "The Great Journey" being their salvation (although it wasn't)
  • Jackals which were technically Crocoducks

I'd take this theory on Destiny with a grain of salt.

On the other hand....

The Forces Of Light may be evil, but I never liked that band.

Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Its a plausible theory. I'd like that to be true. Mass Effect touched on this in a less dramatic fashion. Humans quickly gain influence on the council, and were despised by most races because they were seen as power hungry, warmongers, corrupt, and untrustworthy. Perhaps we could get more answers on this when the DLC comes out. I fully expect one or more of Jupiter's moons to come into play as the spot on the reef gives us an indication that it will be there in the future. The Darkness awaits behind the home of the awoken who don't seem to care too much for the Guardians in the first place.

End of story mode spoiler that supports this theory.

Active and dormant ancient Vex litter the Black Garden, They protect the dark heart, and seem to worship it or are controlled by it. The mysterious character you come into contact with on Venus said that the Vex are an evil that despises evil itself. Also the Dark Heart spawns 3 of the giant monsters similar to what was protecting the Hive's communication array on the moon. The Vex hate the Fallen and Cabal, but you never see them take on the Hive even though they have the ability to teleport there.... that or they don't want none of them Sword Knights XD

Since you cant preview shaders before you drop 2000+ glimmer, someone made a web app that lets you do so on your own character. http://db.destinytracker.com/character

I found a few new trinkets today.

I saw a satellite zip across the sky on the moon.

I also found a soccer ball at the Tower. For some reason it didn't capture me and another player jostling for the ball.

Noooo! The ball fell! :P

I found that soccer ball in the beta, but it vanished into a staircase seconds after I kicked it. lol. I love the little things in this game. :P

I need to get my character up to level 20 so I can actually take on those damn ?? guys. They're only a few levels above me but damn they are way stronger at the moment.

New events starting tomorrow:

http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Events-Starting-0919/en/News/News?aid=12153

post-1-0-15637600-1411096727_thumb.jpg

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Heh, the soccer ball. Was a lot of fun to kick it around until someone kicked it into the stairs and it disappeared :P

I noticed you found yourself a blue hand cannon while I was on the website this morning. I just got myself a new auto rifle out of the Crucible this morning (along with my first piece of light gear, a blue helm). I'll have to hit that farming strategy up again tonight, tried it for awhile yesterday and only got greens and three blues to drop.

Gah, the end of story mission was pretty epic if I have to say so myself. Had me on the edge of my seat for the majority of it (but DX and I kicked some major ass). I'll say I was somewhat disappointed with how the story ended for now and I'm really hoping they'll be expanding on it in the upcoming expansions (which I still need to buy). After seeing the end of the story I can somewhat see where that theory carries a little weight. I won't go into details but I have to agree that we might just be the bad guys in this story. Just my hunch based on things said during cut scenes and the lore on some of the grimoire cards. Will be interesting to see what come next.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I actually got it from either reaching Vanguard Rank 2 or from the Public Event. I was given an engram and for once I didn't get a damn scout rifle I already had XD. Oh yeah, it almost looked like we broke the game because we ran that final showdown flawlessly. Hopefully we have some off days when Queen's Wrath starts. I want to get some Legendary gear.

FYI Strider check this out. I joined Dead Orbit today, I'm gonna try to grind my way to level 3 tomorrow. http://tay.kotaku.com/a-guide-to-obtaining-and-upgrading-legendary-gear-in-de-1636451289/+tinaamini

Engrams are BS: http://kotaku.com/these-people-tried-to-figure-out-how-destinys-loot-syst-1636331002

After accompanying you both on your first trip to Mars, I now want to do that with every friend that gets the game just to get the reaction when the big doors open and the Cabal start raining rockets into the bunker. XD

A few notes.

After playing with Sledge today, I've given up on rocket launchers. They were good for Earth and the Moon, but the Cabal elites can completely side step them. The heavy machine guns are far more affective. Rocket Launchers are probably more suited for Crucible.

I assume the same will go for hand cannons... they wont be as good in crucible, so I kept my scout and pulse rifles, along with my blue shotgun. Hand Cannons are the best in PvE... there really isn't anything better, even if you don't have precision. I was popping Shield Cabal in the knee and getting in instant head shot every time, but for every other non elite type its 2-3 shots and they are done if you miss the head.

The Cabal are the best for farming outside of the moon mission. Unlike the other races, they instantly replenish reinforcements. I was taken aback when I cleared out a pretty heavily armed squad only to be faced with a drop ship immediately appearing and dropping more Cabal off at the location I was at. They also spawn yellow bar and arch shielded yellow bars more than anyone. This has lead me to believe why you don't see the Mars bounties at all. I haven't seen a Kill 10 Cabal Majors or Ultras yet. The Fallen and Hive give you some breathing room when you wipe them out.... in fact, sometimes they wont even appear until you leave the area... not the Cabal... once you wipe them, here comes a drop ship firing rockets at you and dropping more troops. I love this game's AI so much. The four races are so different, yet each pose a different challenge.

The Vex are a bitch on Mars. I can't recall the name of them, but they are basically arc shielded yellow bar minotaurs. Outside of that I love the Vex because they tend to drop the most engrams. Plus their strike missions were fun... unlike the Moon which was pure hell from the very first room full of Sword Knights and Wizards.

After playing this game for 30-40+ hours, I love/hate the fact that area damage is completely useless. My grenades and titan smash move have timed area damage effects... completely useless in PvE. Even the lowly Thrall know better than to walk up into the damage field. They either back up and change course or wait for the effects to stop and then attack. It makes the attribute almost useless, but at the same time shows you that you aren't fighting a bunch of dumbass NPCs.

Public Events may have been doubled, but the instances need to be fixed. I can manage a few PEs by myself, but the ones that require you to eliminate a target before it reaches the certain amount of check points is insane.... they have a kinetic shield that doesn't go down fast, and instantly replenishes if you manage to do so on your own. There are never more than 2-5 people at any public event that I have seen... thats all fine and dandy for the defense ones. With record breaking sales, I'd imagine I'd see a lot of people on patrol mode, but I don't. Its a let down from the huge Devil Walker public event they showed off at E3.

Thankfully I'm off on the 23rd and 24th when the event starts but those are the only two days I'll get any significant playtime in for it (and at night to boot, back on my normal schedule starting today since I skipped the concert due to this damn cold).

I'll be joining Dead Orbit myself as soon as I get 200 more glimmer (which should be shortly, getting on here in a bit to do some farming and maybe crucible matches).

I figured the chances of obtaining legendaries through engrams was going to be rough but thats freaking ridiculous. Ohwell, faction grinding it is (and I'm oh so used to it from FFXIV).

I actually joined Future War Clan, I forgot about that. They have a legendary hand cannon I want. I kept running back and forth between the vendors I forgot which one I actually joined.

I just did the daily heroic mission. It was the first mission on Mars.... everyone had a yellow health bar just about, and then when it came to getting the key, even the damn shield holders had yellow bars. To top it off when you shot them in their knees they didn't go down and expose their head, so you just kept having to shoot the knee. I LMGed the guy with the key, GTFO'ed to the second location, skipped everyone in a mad dash to the console, and scanned it for the win. XD

I tried this today and only got a few blues, but I didn't listen to the audio about standing in the right spot in what not, I'll try it again later. When I first arrived there was 2 people already doing it and they started being dicks, and meleeing me hoping I'd go away. I just kept shooting and ignoring them. Then they went into the cave to stop the spawning thinking I'd leave, so I just sat down until they left.

I also noticed today that you are only allowed to get 100 vanguard marks a week. I'm at 67 right now. I guess that is to encourage you to play under your faction, and crucible.

EDIT: Ok, after doing this with Sledge the correct way, I got A LOT of blue engrams. Other people were getting purples, I guess the game just doesnt like me. either way it you end up with a crap ton to scrap for weapon parts and you boost your Cyptarch rank while you're at it. I think we were trolled by Bungie, when I first arrived there were 5-7 of us, and all of the sudden wizards, sword knights, elite captains, and High Savitors appeared on the map and started wrecking us. I'll upload the video later. This is a level 6 area and I've never seen anything like that happen before. It wasn't a public event either.

That cave was the best farming spot ever. I leveled up almost twice in about 20 mins and I got much better green armor and weapons. But I didn't get a single blue orb. Maybe the drop rate for blue and purples increase depending on your level? Or maybe it increases based on the damage you are inflicting to the enemies so it counts as precision kills and you get better rewards.

I spent a little time looking through the app today. If you go to location in grimoire you will see that Mercury, Jupiter, and Saturn are all on there. I had 2 cards for Jupiter somehow. Also the weapons section was littered with empty tiles between all the weapon types we have access too right now. I have no doubt these locations will come into play down the road, but I wonder if new weapons will be added.

One I hit level 18 I got a notice on my screen that I can now get legendary items which would explain why I want getting anything above a green engram this entire time. Oh well. I am now level 20 and I really like the blade dancer subclass for the hunter. Especially since I've been leveling up the skill tree. The arc blade super is incredibly fun for me. But I really miss not having a throwing knife.

I'll upload a couple videos tomorrow of some good carnage. :D

Now I have to focus on my remaining mars missions and strikes. Is mars the end of the campaign until the expansions?

Yes. IMO it doesn't complete the story, which is probably what made people upset.

I'll be on after 1pm your time. If I'm not on, text me. We can team up on the daily mission and do the level 20 strike on the play list to get some vanguard gear.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/09/22/destiny-rasputin-ai-warmind-translation/

Very interesting........ Rasputin has had my interest since the mission in Old Russia. I'm looking forward to the DLC more than ever. I'm glad we have a fanbase that can do stuff like this, along with Bungie counting on a fanbase to go this far, looking into it.

Interesting.

Here are some of my Destiny clips:

Public Event:

Bladedance highlight clips:

Here is a round of Crucible Control that I had a K/D of 2.8. I kicked some ass. XD

The other modes of crucible are garbage as far as I'm concerned. Level advantages disabled my ass. Everyone still has all the skills they've unlocked and whatever benefits those give them. Once that Iron banner level advantages enabled is available I will never play it. With level advantages, everyone who is level 26 or higher will have no problem one shot killing or melee attacking everyone to death with ease as long as they are even one level below them. Screw that.

Now that I beat Mars, I think I'll take a break from Destiny until this weekend and focus more on GW2 and a couple other games.

Really? I absolutely adore Clash. IMO it's the only good mode in Crucible (then again I've only done Control, I haven't done any of the others and I despise Control). I have no trouble killing people higher in level and haven't noticed any advantages that they might have. I believe level advantage means the stats they get off the weapons and armor and not abilities. I would be disappointed if they disabled my higher level abilities (like my Golden Gun making enemies explode when they die, I love that so much).

After fighting a multitude of Bladedancers I'm going to have to start leveling it. It's pretty OP for multiplayer, don't know how many times I've been killed by cloaked hunters or by their damn super. Makes me think Bladedancer was designed for the Crucible.

Meh, I took a break from FFXIV for this so I'll be going pretty hardcore in it for awhile (I will get me some exotic gear). Plus I'm extremely OCD when it comes to grinding rep and don't like leaving it for awhile so yea no break until Dead Orbit is at Rank 3.

Ok, clash is decent. :P but rumble aka free for all is crap. You're probably not noticing any level advantages because of your own level. If you haven't upgraded the blade dancer subclass at all yet, pay attention to your stats when you switch to it. Your toughness will take a significant hit compared to what you are used to with gunslinger and you will noticeably die faster in crucible until you get the second line of skill upgrades. When you start off on a new subclass you don't even have double jump or your super unlocked and ppl can easily own you. Imo the 3rd line of skill upgrades provide just as significant advantage in crucible.

I've had no problem killing level 20 players with one spread from a 78 damage fusion rifle, but at least twice now I've come across maxed out players that can take that full blast easily. Same with another guy that took 4 shots from my 190+ hand canon, survived with a sliver of health, one hit melee killed me and instantly started regenerating health.

The Daily Missions are crazy with no auto-respawn. I can't believe yesterday was the final mission.... that was probably insane.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Update-1014---Patch-Notes/en/News/News?aid=12161

I beat the exclusion zone by myself... yeah it was hard... but that's why its called "Heroic". I see they are going to fix the unreviveble status when you die at the mission's end.

This was from the other day.. I learned the hard way.. Never park an interceptor uphill and then jump out. I was going to revive our team mate and then I accidentally killed myself. XD

And here is my highlight clip of the strike we did tonight.

DX almost had him at the end with that smash. At least my suicide run worked out this time. XD

Before my internet decided to have its daily fit, Strider and I ran a few of the Queen's Wrath missions. They aren't to be taken lightly.

The Rundown:

Level 24 - Very Hard

Epic Modifier - Heavily Shielded more aggressive enemies

3 random modifiers - They don't even tell you what they are, you just have to memorize the symbols

Giant Boss Ending Missions - so far that's all we've seen

We did the giant moon boss twice, Rikisi in Old Russia, and Draksis on Venus. There was a lot of hiding and running away to wait for the downed to spawn. We found an exploit on Draksis where you could stand outside the door of the throne room and light him up until he dies. If you enter the throne room, the door locks shut, and you're pretty fucked. I was dying instantly trying to run away. XD

Heh, the Draksis one was easy once we figured out the exploit (shhh, no one tell Bungie). The Queen is a heartless bitch sending us on these damn near impossible missions, nearly crapped myself when we did the moon boss the first time because I was severely undergeared for it. They're fun as hell though and I'm going to go look up all those damn modifiers before we do this again so I know exactly what we're walking into from now on. No more of this surprise shit. I also suggest you bring a friend or two along as well, I would of hated to attempt those alone.

The Queen trolled DX and I pretty hard tonight giving us three legendary helms and one legendary chest piece. I think her and the Cryptarch are in on this together because I also got trolled on my very first legendary engram (at least it was a blue rocket launcher better then the first one I had). Ohwell though, I just hit rank 1 with Dead Orbit so one more rank to grind and I'll be able to start buying armor if I can't get any better arm and leg pieces out of this event (hit 24 also by getting a new piece of arm armor out of the Crucible).