Myk JL

Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell

Aside from Dane Vogel the following I hope show up are.
  • Mr. Sunshine - Preferably referencing Montezuma from Robot Chicken. But that most likely won't happen. Revenge!.... Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!
  • Dex - He died between Saints Row 2 & Saints Row: The Third in a game that was scrapped. Assuming he's dead despite that game being scrapped I want to see him in it.
  • Philip Loren - His death was too fast. I would've preferred something more memorable.
  • Shogo Akuji - Just so Gat could beat the crap out of him again.
  • Jyunichi - Almost the same reason as Shogo.
  • Matt from The Feed Dogs - He was too easily killed by a brick.
  • Josh Birk - He should be there just for being a bad actor.
  • Oleg Kirrlov - Despite being one of my favorite Third Street Saints he did have a shady past that wasn't delved into.
  • Tobias - Assuming he died from the earth being destroyed. Also Brandon Keener is same voice actor who did Garrus from Mass Effect.
  • Laura - Tobias's Wife.
  • Jessica - Okay I don't need any closure since the trunk was already closed....
  • The General - I found his death underwhelming.
  • Maero - Well he doesn't need to show up. Michael Dorn is still awesome though.
  • Kazuo Akuji - Actually I hope he isn't dead. His last words in Saints Row 2 were "When I escape The World will not be big enough for you to hide in!"

I don't have any listed from the first Saints Row because I've been too lazy to finish it....

This post has been promoted to an article

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I'm not surprised they made another DLC for SR4, but I am surprised that its going to be sold as a standalone game for $19.99 unless you get it in the ultimate editions for the new consoles. It does look fun. I hope they actually stop making DLC for this game tho so I can eventually get a complete edition.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I'm pretty certain Volition is done making DLC for SR4. Unless you were referring to the PS4 / Xbox One versions. In which case I could imagine Gat Out Of Hell would have its own DLC. Which would mean a Saints Row IV: Re-Elected + Gat Out of Hell Complete Edition. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the PS4 / Xbox One versions had SR4 & Gat Out Of Hell come on 2 separate Blu Rays.

This isn't the first time Volition has tried to make a standalone Saints Row game without a number at the end. But this may be the first time they'll hopefully succeed. There was also Saints Row: Money Shot where you would've gotten to kill Dex if it wasn't cancelled. And Saints Row: Enter The Dominatrix which would've been a $30 if THQ's Jason Rubin didn't force it to become SR4.

Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

SR Gat out of Hell is following the lead of "Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry", "Infamous First Light" and "Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes" and instead of being a more expensive DLC they made them all standalone games, probably to exclude them from game of the year and legendary / complete additions. I hope more games do not do this. If all campaign DLC turns into 'standalone games' then it'll be annoying as hell and be an even bigger money grab than normal DLC. I doubt anyone that doesn't own the actual initial games would ever buy the standalone games by themselves.. which would make them regular DLCs IMO. And the MGS Ground Zeroes is basically a standalone DLC that is being sold before the actual game even comes out just to create hype for the game. Thats just ridiculous.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Leave it to GameStop to take away from my excitement from buying a game by adding preorder DLC. I still preordered it for PS3 from them. One of these days Steam Machine will magically exist! Where future Saints Row & Elder Scrolls Games will magically work on it! And I will never go to GameStop again! Until then here's an interesting trailer from Gat Out Of Hell.

I finally got it today and.... I find it okay.

Part of it feels like a downer because there isn't even vehicle customization as far as I can tell. The other part being right on the box it says "First Edition" which makes me wonder if there's a second edition coming on a different disc or whatever.

If this game didn't release on the PS3 I probably wouldn't have preordered it.

Also the super sprint is weaker in that you won't be knocking cars over when you start.

off-topic
I finally preordered ESO for PS4 even though I don't own a PS4 or HDTV yet.

If all campaign DLC turns into 'standalone games' then it'll be annoying as hell and be an even bigger money grab than normal DLC. I doubt anyone that doesn't own the actual initial games would ever buy the standalone games by themselves.. which would make them regular DLCs IMO. And the MGS Ground Zeroes is basically a standalone DLC that is being sold before the actual game even comes out just to create hype for the game. Thats just ridiculous.???