Sledgstone

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition on PS4

11 posts in this topic

Guild Wars 2 has killed my interest in Diablo 3 altogether. It was a good story, but after you beat it, there is really no point in playing it anymore with your max level character.

dvabanner.png

I've never played it before, so I figure I'll pick it up when it drops in price below $20 or I get it in one of those buy 2 used games get 1 free deals.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_252.jpg

Pfft, talk about a disappointment of a game. I'm happy it tied up loose ends from D2 but my god the game was boring as hell (note this is only having beaten core D3, I don't own nor will I buy Reaper of Souls). I was really hoping for some climactic fight in the end only to be disappointed with just how the game ended. Maybe it's because Demon Hunters are OP but I just found this game disappointingly easy.

Story was good though, I'll give it that but this just wasn't the Diablo game I was hoping for after how awesome D2 was. I guess that's what happens when you core Diablo designers leave and go create a much more superior game (the Torchlight series).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Demon Hunters are ultra OP... My barbarian would die so easily sometimes against bosses... but that damn acid knife throw the DH has just wrecked every boss' face with in 30 seconds or less... lol

The watered down skill tree was my biggest disappointment. I miss tinkering with the points of my strength, endurance, intelligence, etc. 

dvabanner.png

Never did use the dagger, all about Rapid Fire and Sentries with homing rockets. Cut down most champions in seconds and most bosses in under a minute (could be faster but damn hatred runs out to damn fast with Rapid Fire (even with the decreased hatred use rune slotted in)). Was thinking of taking my Wizard up but I lost all interest in the game after that disappointing boss fight at the end. I was expecting so much more like I said.

That was one of my biggest disappointments as well. The skill tree was so intricate in D2 that is was fun tweaking shit just so you could get that extra bit a damage out of an ability (my Lightning Sorc was OP back in the day, sadly I never did get a chance to fully finish her gear set out and don't get my started on my Bone Nec. The things he could do still amaze me).

Sledgstone likes this

Hmmm. If the game ties up loose ends from Diablo 2, and I've never played it, would Diablo 3 be worth paying? Or would the plot be confusing as I skipped a game and I can't even remember how Diablo 1 ended?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_252.jpg

Eh, you'd probably be wondering what the hell is going on but you can always go look up and read a summary of the plot for D2 if you want to play D3.

Edited by Strider Hiryu