Sledgstone

ANU Scientists create a Tractor Beam on water

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By DeathscytheX
      http://gizmodo.com/nasas-curiosity-rover-just-found-water-in-martian-soil-1403908591

• By DeathscytheX
      http://gizmodo.com/5990876/lockheeds-new-carbon-filter-takes-all-the-effort-out-of-desalinization

• By Sledgstone
      http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/091113-lcross-moon-crash-water-discovery.html
      Water on the moon... lets make a colony.
    • By Sledgstone
      Our landlord is here doing the final hook up to public water right now. We've been on well water for so long, it'll be weird with completely different tasting water. I'm not going to like the fact that fluoride will be in the water now, but I will like not having hard water anymore. The minerals in the water were probably healthy for us, but it always pissed me off having to clean our coffee makers once a month and buying a new one twice a year. gah, at least the public water will be better for our washing machine.
      So, if the water tastes nasty to me, should we pick up a brita water filter jug? Or maybe theres another brand thats better? I have a bad feeling our water is going to taste like chemicals. x_x
    • By Flying_Monkey
      H2O: Dangerous Chemical!
      A student at Eagle Rock Junior High won first prize at the Greater Idaho Falls Science Fair, April 26. He was attempting to show how conditioned we have become to alarmists practicing junk science and spreading fear of everything in our environment. In his project he urged people to sign a petition demanding strict control or total elimination of the chemical "dihydrogen monoxide." And for plenty of good reasons, since:

it can cause excessive sweating and vomiting
      it is a major component in acid rain
      it can cause severe burns in its gaseous state
      accidental inhalation can kill you
      it contributes to erosion
      it decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes
      it has been found in tumors of terminal cancer patients

He asked 50 people if they supported a ban of the chemical.
      The title of his prize winning project was, "How Gullible Are We?"

Forty-three (43) said yes,
      six (6) were undecided,
      and only one (1) knew that the chemical was water.

He feels the conclusion is obvious.
      This was found on the newsgroup: rec.humor.funny
      Why do people not know what water is? Better yet how do people not know what water is? (...I fear the answers to these questions...)