4 posts in this topic
I came across a website that was using vbulletin, but had a facebook chat bar.. I thought, wtf? But after looking around a bit, I stumbled across this site:
Interesting. I wouldn't mind having a feature like this on AC. It be like a built in instant messenger. Very spiffy.
I started using Windows 8 tonight.. I watched the "Getting Started with Windows 8" videos and I now know how to actually navigate, switch and close apps, get to the control panel, etc.. and honestly, this OS would be fine on a phone or a tablet. But on a full PC, this OS sucks balls compared to Windows 7. To see what apps are all open and to be able to right click and close those apps, you have to move the mouse to the top left corner of the screen and then move the mouse down the side in a kind of crappy emulated swiping gesture. This also applies to the right side "charms" menu. The "metro" tiles that everyone knows as Windows 8, is a menu of apps that can be modified to have different tiles, but it cannot be removed or even have the computer boot to the desktop. On a tablet this would be fine, but I'm currently not interested in accessing Window's app store, installing apps and other programs that want to harvest my data.. I simply want a powerful PC for work and gaming. Without a touchscreen for a PC, this operating system is horrible. The shittiest part is that all the settings, control panel, etc. that is the core of Windows 7 is there, but Windows 8 wants you to ignore the hardware and potential of the system and instead sign into your Microsoft account and keep up to date with your friends and tiles.
I'm currently doing all my windows updates and then I'll be upgrading it to Windows 8.1 which will allow me to boot to desktop and it'll have a start button with quick access to the control panel and all the other administrative options I actually used the start menu for. However, it still doesn't have an "all programs" list in the start menu, which means I'll have to use the search function to find my programs if I don't have shortcuts on the desktop for them.. and I will still have to turn on the "Metro" tiles, right click on a blank area and then click "all apps" to see the apps which are separate from normal programs.
Once I get these updates done, I'll try to change some settings around to see if I can get this computer running more to my liking.
Eppy pointed this out to me the other day.. I use WhatsApp all the time.. I really don't understand the $19 billion price tag.. I bet the instagram people are kicking themselves in the ass for only getting $1 billion back in 2012.
I have been uploading my PS4 videos to youtube for a while now and I wanted to make this guide to explain how it is done. Until the Playstation 4 gets an update that will allow direct video uploading / sharing to youtube, the only option available is to upload your videos to facebook. In this quick guide I explain how to save your uploaded video off of facebook in HD and then how to upload it to youtube. It is very easy.
First off, you have to have a facebook account and you have to connect your PS4 account to it. If you don't want to share your videos to your friends and family, then set your PS4 to share only visible to you. Or make a group on facebook, add the friends you want to see your videos to it and then go back to your PS4 facebook settings and select that group to share videos with. Once you do that, then follow this guide for sharing to youtube.
1) You need Firefox and the Video DownloadHelper addon installed. If you already have firefox then install the addon. If you don't like firefox and prefer chrome, then good for you. Install firefox and this addon anyway just for saving your videos. You can get them from these links:
As you can see in this picture, the addon will add an icon with menu drop down to the top right of the browser:
2) Play a game on your PS4 and share a video to facebook. Its best if you give the video a name because it makes the video have a noticeable click-able link on facebook. On facebook, go to your timeline and click on the name of the video. This will take you to a page specifically for the video and not a popup lightbox version. You will want to be on the video page itself. If you don't name the video, you'll have to click the "your name shared a video" link instead.
3) Now that you are on the video page, do not play it. Instead click the HD button to initiate playback in HD.
4) Once the video is playing you will notice that the Video DownloadHelper icon is now animated and colorful. This means there is a video loaded that you can save. Click the icon and save the video.
5) For some reason, my screenshot did not grab the drop down menu. It shows the video name as a large garble of numbers and letters because that is how the video is saved on facebook. So rename the video to whatever you want but make sure it keeps the .mp4 extension. Also, if you accidentally started playing your video before hitting the HD button, there will be two .mp4 files listed in the Video DownloadHelper drop down. Because the file names make no sense, simply hover over each one to see the file sizes of the videos. Whichever is the largest is the HD video you want to save.
6) Your PS4 video in HD is now saved. All you have to do now is upload it to youtube. I'm assuming you have a youtube account. Sign in, click the upload link shown in this screenshot. It will bring you to this upload screen. Click the large red upload icon and select the video(s) you want to upload.
7) Now that your video is uploading, give the video a name, description and type in a bunch of tags so people can find your video easier. Choose a screenshot for your image or make your own, save it and you are all set.
8) Your Playstation 4 HD videos are now on youtube.
Anyone else been following the story of that Texas teenager that was arrested for his facebook comment?
Apparently the guy was beaten in jail:
And it looks like an anonymous donor has posted his bail for him:
This is why I prefer usernames over real names. We've all seen ridiculous comments online over the years but people don't get arrested for a single post they make.. but with facebook, its your real name, your real identity and your real information. One person reports you and the police get full access to your facebook account. I'm guessing this guy probably had more private comments or random stupidity that made authorities think he could actually be a threat.. because if people can get arrested from a single facebook comment.. wtf..