DeathscytheX

Battlefield: Hardline

While it lasts, here is the leaked, in depth trailer for Battlefield Hardline. This will be the first Battlefield title that isn't made by DICE. Instead, Visceral will take the helm and try to breath much needed life into the series less than stellar solo campaigns. While DICE works on Star Wars: Battlefront, Visceral will move the BF series away from the overly used modern warfare setting and hit the urban streets of law enforcement and the world of crime.

When I first heard it was going to be about cops, I cringed hard thinking how terrible that sounded. But looking at these fresh new game modes, I'm pretty interested in it. Its like PAYDAY: The Heist using Frostbite 3. The campaign looks like it might be pretty good too. It could be the right move, because as amazing as BF4 is, you can only do so many games of the same theme. It also looks like they've employed a monetary system for unlocks... this is loved and hated for some. I personally like it, and it was my favorite aspect of Black Ops 1. I like to unlock what I want, in the order I'd like to have it.

Click here to view the article

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

This game should be a good change of pace for the battlefield franchise. I doubt it will have the player count of BF4 tho, which makes me think this game is being made as a battlefield alternative to COD. I hope it has co-op missions like in BF3.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Yeah, I cant see a group of 32 robbers robbing a bank XD. But I guess 64 players could work for the money mode. Doubt it... this is going to be more of a Bad Company type entrance to the series. Honestly, after Battlefront, I hope we get a Bad Company 3 and BF5 doesn't come out for another 4-5 years.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Check out the new 6 minutes of multiplayer gameplay video for Battlefield: Hardline.

The official website is also now open, so go sign up for the closed beta here:

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/beta

I recommend using chrome, because firefox didn't seem to handle the origin login correctly. Even still I got numerous 500 errors, just keep clicking to get signed up.

This post has been promoted to an article

I just did this a couple more times, the beta signup sometimes looks like it loads correctly, but unless your username and email address is shown on the final signup page, then I'm going to assume it didn't take. It took me about 15 attempts to get the page to load my username and email on the page correctly. They must be getting hammered with beta requests.

My signup is in, hoping to get in so I can try this out. I was watching Frankie from youtube fame (FRANKIEonPCin1080p) stream it on his Twitch account last night before the Sony Press Conference. Looks freaking fun as hell and extremely fast paced. I like the fact that Robbers get baseball bats as they're melee weapons, freaking hilarious.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Well I did get into the beta and played a few games earlier. Honestly this is a much faster paced game then BF4, with Heist matches lasting generally 5-10 minutes a piece. I'll say this much the key to playing, imo, is teamwork which sadly no one I played with seemed to have as they were treating it like BF4 trying to get kills instead of getting the money to the escape points (for Robbers, Cops have to prevent this). Can definitely tell this is a beta as well considering the controls are kinda clunky and characters move a lot like they have something shoved up their ass (when you sprint it feels more like a fast walk).

Going to try out Blood Money tonight when I get back on to see what it's like. Frankie posted a vid on it yesterday and it looks pretty fun and a lot faster paced then Heist.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589