Sledgstone

Samsung galaxy s4 and/or android 4.0+ phones

XD At least you now how to do a screen shot now. XD XD XD XD

Droid Sky View is a pretty awesome app, you can hold it up to stars in the sky and it will show you where the planets, constellations, and even the international space station is. Jupiter was super bright last night, I thought it was a star, and was surprised when the app labeled it as Jupiter.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Thats a good video Pchan, thank you!

I like that sky view app. I used it once before and forgot all about it. I remember using it when Mars was visible in the night sky once.. It helped me find mars and yep, it was an orangish / red light in the sky. Pretty damn cool to see a planet with the naked eye and know that exactly what I'm looking at. I'll have to put that app on my new phone.

In one of the emails I received from Verizon, I got this link with a good run down on all the basic functions that I found useful:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/Samsung/7692.html

btw, does anyone here use "Google Now"? It seems a bit too much like big brother to me, but maybe its useful?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I got an iPhone 5s and I was holding, using my old S2 recently and it made me miss the S2 a lot. It's wider than the 5s, even the screen's bigger. The iPhone's screen is narrow, typing is hard plus I'm used to using Swype. But the flow of apps is seamless, no lag, easy to navigate once you get around it. Android has more customizable options under each app by opening it where in iOS you go through the settings menu to set different options for all your apps. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I enjoyed my iPhone 4 while I had it, but I like the freedom android offers. I found it ridiculous that you had to go over hurdles to change your ring tone to something you already owned via an app and swapping files back and forth from PC to phone... otherwise you had to pay $1.49 for a ringtone version of a 99 cent song.

There are a lot of apps on both android and apple that run better and have more options on iPhone. PicFrame and NOAA Hi-Def Radar are prime examples.

The only thing I miss about iOS is it's spellchecker. Android lacks in basic predictive text and spell check. It can bring up some off the wall corrections more times than not.

Spell check is for pu$$ie$ !! Joking, I've seldom needed it. Kids today can't spell if you ask them to spell a word without typing it on a phone or in Microsoft Word or have Google tell you what it actually is in Italics in Google Search. When some colleagues use my computer during lunch, I see them make horrible mistakes. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I like the spell check in firefox. Its amazing how I keep forgetting how to spell some basic words sometimes.. like "separate". I always replace an a with an E. I think because I right click to fix it or the phone auto corrects it I don't remember I'm doing it because I never actually fix it by typing it. The one thing that annoys me on phone auto corrects is that it replaces its with it's quite often. Maybe I just need to update my definitions.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Its not so much the spelling, but the autocorrect. I find my It's being turned into It'd... wtf? Or a simple The turned into They. Punctuation randomly placed in the middle of my typing... I'm still clumsy on a touch screen keyboard so it doesn't help much.

Real men don't need spell check or punctuation pointers. Spell check to me is like a March 5 or 7 or 10 whatever number of blades they're at these days. 

Been using this phone for a few months. Not bad. Hasn't lagged or required me to turn off and turn back on. I do turn it off every day, twice a day when I'm traveling in the subway and the one change I've made is not put it to charge in the night. I wake up, put the phone to charge, take it off the charge by the time I leave for work and that way the phone starts it's day at an 80ish percent, don't let it keep charging like I used to with my other phones. Worried I wouldn't be able to simply replace a battery pack.