Sledgstone

New Layout later this year

As of a couple days ago, the person who created the themes that we use for Ancient Clan has decided to stop offering support for his work at this time. He might get back to supporting them in the future, but if they are unsupported by the end of this year when we go to upgrade AC to the newest version of IPB, we'll most likely switch to a different layout. He has given me great support over the past year and I wish him the best of luck for his future.

In the mean time, I've been working on a new theme... and I think we're going to simplify things a bit.. we'll have no graphics and everything will be white and red and will look something like this:

post-1-0-04547900-1394250138_thumb.jpg

lmao. XD

I'm just kidding about that red and white. That looks horrible. XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Aren't you 24 days early for April Fool's Day?....

Also white backgrounds are too bright for my taste.

Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I wont use that red and white or redesign it to look like vg247 or kotaku. lol. XD

The new IPB is going to look quite a bit different than what we're using now. Instead of learning their newish styling system, I'll buy a couple new themes again. A dark one and a light one.. but I'll hold off on buying something elaborate like what we're using now. Unless it has amazing support, its just far to complicated to troubleshoot issues on my own. We wont have the slider at the top of the articles and main page anymore, but we'll have article images and a slightly different article based front page instead of a blog format.

The article system will work in the same way.. in which the article will also be posted as a forum topic. But depending on how some of the new features work, I might change this around to article comments only or change the way article topics are handled so that a new topic will be created for every article instead of having one massive topic that keeps getting promoted posts. I'm used to looking at the forum instead of articles, but if you look at the articles, the comments don't make any sense most of the time, because it shows the entire topic in the comments instead of just the replies that occurred after the specific post that was promoted.

Update! Ajouz is the man. He will have a new version of these light and dark skins available for the new IPB 4 we will be upgrading to and at no extra cost to me. He is the best skin developer I've ever known. ^_^

The actual look of the site will stay about the same in terms of color scheme. The layout itself will mostly be the same as well except for any changes I make to the site based on the new features as I've previously stated in this topic.