Pchan

True Detective

4 posts in this topic

Been watching it since it premiered and it's fantastic. This is how TV shows should be made. It's 2 episodes shy of finishing season 1 (which I'm really sad about) but it's definitely top 10 (of all time) for me. Based on how it ends it might make my top 5.

Be warned that it's a serious show with intelligent dialog, a desolate mood-tone overall, brilliant acting, cinematography and casting. It's something being put side by side with the likes of Breaking Bad and The Wire, just so you know the caliber of what you could expect from the show. If you've watched it, let's discuss.

According to IMDB -

The lives of two detectives, Rust Cohle and Martin Hart, become entangled during a 17-year hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana.

Rust - Mathew McConaughey

Hart - Woody Harrelson

Edited by Pchan
Sledgstone likes this

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I'll keep a look out on netflix. I liked what little of The Wire I've seen. I have a friend with all the seasons on DVD, so I guess I'm complacent on getting around to it since I feel I have access to it at any time.

dvabanner.png

I'll check out a few eps of this once the HBO Go app becomes available on the PS3, so I can watch the eps on demand without having to download or dvr them.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_252.jpg

There are 2 more episodes for this to go, I'm not sure if it'll pop up on Netflix but yeah, keep an eye out for it. 

Sledgstone likes this

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.