DeathscytheX

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Second Son is one of those rare occasions I'll buy a game I know will only be 10-12 hours.. or God of War. This game will be fun no doubt, but it is a dated style polished with new graphics... nothing wrong with that, but I'll play it once, and never again. Thats why I'm willing to buy a mutliplayer game with no campaign, while most treat it like a sin. lol The only single player games I will pay big bucks for is KOTOR/Mass Effect length games.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I'll buy a Multiplayer for $60 or more because I know I'll get my money's worth out of it. But some games seem far too short for the price of the game. God of War 3 was decent, but I still beat it in 3 or 4 casual afternoon sessions and I'm glad I got it from my brother for free. Games like God of War are usually 1 time play throughs for me because there is no real incentive for a second play through. I love it when a game gives you something more to see when you play it again. Maybe hidden content or alternative outcomes to a situation. But even a game doesn't have those options, as long as the quality and entertainment are there, then I could understand paying the full price regardless of how long the game is. The Worms games usually have no significant campaign at all, but I've paid full price for those games before.

As for Wolfenstein.. I will hold off on getting it. The new Killzone looks better than it and I'm not rushing out to buy it yet either. Games I will pay full price for this year are Lightening Returns: FFXIII, FFX remaster HD, Destiny, Watchdogs and FFXV.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I buy God of War because I love the story I can beat God of War in a day or two... capture me with a great story and I'll want to see how it continues. This is why I love MGS...each game only has around 5-10 hours of gameplay, but the codec conversations and cutscenes extend it way beyond that.

Games I will or already have paid full price for this year

Destiny

Titanfall

Watchdogs

Tom Clancy's The Division

inFAMOUS Second Son

Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain (if it comes out this year)

N++

Dying Light

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

MGS and God of War are good for buying on launch days, but my problem with GoW was the excessive gore it does now. I know its a brutal game, but its getting a bit over the top. And its hard to play it with someone else in the room who doesn't want to see it, which I can't blame them. I think the best game I've bought in the past year for story and gameplay was Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm. SC2's plot and cutscenes are amazing. That game has a huge competitive multiplayer aspect to it that I don't even play, except for an occasional match against AI. But SC2 has the best campaign ever.

Other games without plot lines that I've bought and / or will buy at full price are the Worms games and Strider.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg