Pchan

Preacher - TV series on AMC

Preacher got picked up officially for AMC. After months of this and that, people dropping out or ideas changing, it's now stuck to a TV series format, which may do it some good. Who knows if it is adaptable, a friend is lending his Preacher issues to me tomorrow. He said it was a bad idea, sort of like one of those things you wouldn't want to see adapted. I'd feel that way with Berserk or Vagabond, unless it's done right. 

Seth Rogen's apparently a huge fan of the series and he's taken this one on along with Evan Goldberg (co-written Goon, Superbad, Pineapple Express and other Seth or Baruchel movies) and Sam Catlin (Breaking Bad). 

Who here has read the comic? What can you expect from this? 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I've heard its very violent and sexually explicit... Walking Dead is as well, but from what I've read about Preacher, It wouldn't be able to get around the too graphic for TV stuff without watering it down to where it wasn't worth it. 

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I've never heard of it before so I looked it up on wikipedia. It sounds like it has great potential to be something amazing I think.. AMC has been making some great series lately too. If this show was on any other channel I'd expect it to be an adapted show like Smallville or Arrow. But AMC has no problem doing violence. It could be a very dark show. I'll start watching it when it eventually comes out.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I'm told the end is something that a TV network cannot air. It also will be a downer if it can't happen the way it's supposed to. Gonna start reading tonight. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.