Crash

House rant

"Lets buy a house" he said

"It'll be fun"
"You can have your own garden and paint walls!" he said...

this is the last time we own a house until he retires!!! Those gutters were NASTY!! I want a landlord to complain to about these things at our next location! Sure painting and gardening are fun...but when the pipes froze earlier this week (apparently houses in Charleston SC are not equipped to handle temps in the teens without pipes freezing unlike MD) and guess who is deployed and who is the landlord...me....when the ac broke this past summer (in 100+ weather) whose the land lord....Me!!

Okay 

small rant over.

p.s. home ownership sucks!

Home ownership can definitely be a bastard of a job. At least you're getting equity from a mortgage. I've been renting a house for over a decade. Aside from occasional large issue that needs to be fixed by the landlord, I don't have any investment to show for it.. In fact, I've probably paid over half the value of this entire property in rent over the years. As long as you can pull through the extra work, that house will be worth it! *is jealous of your home owner status* :P

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Is that your beautiful dog? I've had the same landlord since 2001 in this house.....property have gone up twice and school taxes have gone up 3 times I think now. My rent has gone up 3 times to compensate. Taxes here are beastly they make you PAY to live here -_-  Both of my kids are out of school so we don't need to stay in this district just this area because I have family with health issues here. I have so many plants that are too big to take with me when we move...  

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Owning a house is a big step but yeah, you have to run the show. My boss owns this building I work in, in Manhattan and over the years I've sort of been the care-taker of the building. It's such a learning experience whether it's a tenant upstairs and their issues or a restaurant downstairs or basic real estate taxes and a lot more. All I can say is, if you inherited old equipment such as heaters, laundry machines, kitchen appliances, coolers or anything that is essential for living, either have them regularly serviced or purchase new ones. With new purchases, warranty will save you. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Essentially new house, new appliances. House turns 7-8 years this year. There was NO reason for my AC attic blower to die!!!
I'm just so tired of all the work, I'll be sad when I go because like Lady...I have a few plants here that I love!! But I mow the yard, myself, I do the garden, myself the cleaning the painting the maintance. all after working full time, the horse, and yes, the dog(s)! I have 2 now. Azura is an American Field Lab...have you read marley and me? No not the movie..the book.. I own the dog from the  book!
And then there is Q...who sleeps....all the time....
Lady are you still in the house with all the land to Mow behind it? I want to move closer to my parents because I want to be able to help them with their projects on their house, but 10 hours its kinda hard. 

At least the major stuff like the foundation and roof should be in great shape and the electric should all be up to code. It always seems like the little things that add up are the real pain in the ass for me. Like a small leak in a pipe or a leaking sink drain that takes 8 hours to fix because it continues leaking every time its reassembled. I hate plumbing. x_x

I heard everyone say that they cry at the end of marley and me so I have refused to watch it. ^_^;

Marley And Me is the only movie that got me crying so hard and bad (first time I heard myself cry) and for so long, I couldn't stop crying. 

:bleedout:  FRAKK THAT SHIT!! Never gonna watch it again. I own it too, sealed, as a reminder. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

The book is way different you cry but you laugh again out loud by the last 4 chapters I love the book. But Azura is Marley...I have tennis ball marks all over my house from throwing the ball. And sledge...our toilet leaks too feel your pain.

Thats lots of mowing lady did you ever get a riding mower ? And I'll fix anything not electric or plumbing...dry wall, got it! Calking done tile ..ugh lets do this. Rip out a whole front yard to create garden. Repair sprinker system because the lab ate the sprinkler heads while playing in it...nope!

We put a big garden in the middle of the back yard so there would be less mowing. XD We had a riding mower at one point, but it was a piece of crap.. every summer it needed something fixed that cost at least $80 and then it would stop working halfway thru the season. -_- Craftsman push mowers with the large wheels in the back are the best push mowers.. we're on our third one now.. this yard is so bumpy and hilly that it destroys regular mowers quick.

Marley And Me is the only movie that got me crying so hard and bad (first time I heard myself cry) and for so long, I couldn't stop crying. 

:bleedout:  FRAKK THAT SHIT!! Never gonna watch it again. I own it too, sealed, as a reminder. 

LMFAO! :spit: