FFX-3.jpg

In an interview in the new FFX Ultimania book that came out in Japan, Final Fantasy scenario writer Kazushige Nojima stated that a third Final Fantasy X game could happen if demand is high enough, according to a translation by Siliconera.

“If there’s enough demand, then we may possibly see new developments,” says Nojima on the subject of a possible third installment of the Final Fantasy X series. “I would personally like to see a sequel like X-3.”

Source: Siliconera

Click here to view the article

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

So they're wanting to take the same route with XIII if the demand is high enough? Why does Square-Enix insist on shooting themselves in the foot with sequels? Starting to really think they have no idea what to do anymore. Sad thing is though sequels are what is sustaining the game market at the moment since everyone is to afraid to start a completely new IP (the exception here being Bungie and a few other developers).

Sadly I don't remember X-2 being any good (I know I didn't beat it but from what I remember it was a real let down, then again so was X after that one certain point in the story). Give the fans what they really want, a game completely devoted to Blitzball. I'd buy that game in a hurry if it was ever produced.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I think Square-Enix's biggest problem is that they're not making good original RPGs anymore. Square used to make amazing games, I'd buy anything released by them because the company name stood for quality RPGs back in the day. Then one day I bought Unlimited Saga. I stopped buying all non final fantasy games from Square after that bombshell. Square-Enix did damn good with Tomb Raider though and I'm thinking they're capable of making amazing games again. But they need to make some new standalone games because I'm not interested in buying any of their MMO titles.

Lady would love a dedicated blitzball game. If they made that, I'd be lucky to ever get her away from it. XD

It looks like a FFX-3 might be happening considering how fast its been selling out in Japan:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/12/29/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-selling-out-of-japanese-stores/

Hmmm... Can I have a Call of Duty 4-2: Modern Warfare? Actually, don't mess with the gameplay, just give me an HD remix with servers.

Strider nailed it. Bungie and Respawn are throwing out a new product. Ubisoft is probably producing the most unique titles in The Division and Watch Dogs... Even Drive Club looks highly innovative for the racing genre.

When it comes to Sequels at least MGSV is bringing something radically different to the MGS universe in the form of sandbox gameplay. inFAMOUS: Second Son is pushing the limits of the sandbox with insane new powers and abilities you can swap between.

I never was a fan of turn based RPGs, so I don't have anything invested in Square... I'd be hard pressed to tell you a game I've played made by them... but it seems they've taken the COD route of lets just cookie cutter some games together with the FF or KH labels while our die hard fans wait and hope for some real sequels that we might make 3 console generations from now...

Even more funny how they will make a X-2 or a -2 of anything except VII which is what everyone wanted in the first place.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Everyone wants a VII remake in HD which quite honestly I'd pass on, didn't really enjoy the game the first time around (let the flames of war begin now).

I'm kinda mixed with Square-Enix right now. I like FFXIV: ARR but knowing the fucked the pooch so bad on it the first time around has me worrying quite a bit about FFXV. Not only was the game pushed back by 3 or so years they retooled it for next gen and it worries me that it just won't deliver. Not to mention the debacle with the XIII games. I have yet to play XIII (own it, just haven't gotten around to playing it) but what I saw of it while my roommate played it made me feel that they're really dumbing the series down (took no thought what-so-ever to actually play) but the story was quite awesome (imo, plus the soundtrack was pure bliss). I think Square-Enix just needs to take a break from RPGs for awhile, they're really starting to get bland. Hint guys: Blitzball (come on random Square-Enix lurkers, look at our site to get this idea). I swear you'll make billions just on it alone. Hell Sledge I'd probably lock myself in my room and play it for days straight if they made one XD

I'd take an HD remake of COD4 with servers. God I miss that game so much, it was so much fun before the modders and hackers took it over. You have to give it to Kojima, he likes to think outside of the box and push the envelope as much as he can. One of the main reasons I've always thought he's one of the best game designers is the business right now (if not the best). Sadly I wish he'd give us a new Z.O.E. title, I so want another one. Damn you ZOE HD remake and not selling well, now Kojima won't give Strider another ZOE game :crywithno:

X2 paled in comparison to X

12 wasn't fantastic but I did like the battle system

13, fuck yeah, good game. Good story, characters. A lot of room to customize characters abilities. Again a sequel that was not as good as the first. I am looking forward to Lightning Returns because she makes the godamn game. 

Both X and 13 have a very strong cast of characters. The sequels boot all but one or two of the cast. Yuna and Rikku are dumbed down and Pain isn't a strong enough character to make up for the loss of others. Serah is a weak character and though Noel is a strong character he isn't enough to carry the story. Mog is a stronger character then Serah.

Now if only Lightning played Blitzball....

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I'm worried that FFXV is going to bomb. The fact that its been delayed for years now.. as well as start as a completely different title "XIIII Versus" or some crap.. and now its being upgraded to a next gen game.. ehh.. They should have started working on a completely new next gen Final Fantasy game the moment Sony and MS told them new systems were coming out.

All the Metal Gear sequels are interesting because they are completely new games. That being said, I lost most interest in the series after Metal Gear Solid 2. I'll get the new one though for certain. Mostly because it seems like a slight reboot of the series because certain plot lines in the game are supposed to go against the canon already established in the previous titles.

As for the Final Fantasy sequels, FFX-2 had a very different combat system. I'm not certain about FFXIII-2, but I'm sure its combat system was different too. If Square wanted to make sequels, they could have probably made them faster and more efficiently if they didn't make completely new battle and leveling up systems. If anything, Square has the ability to make new games, but I think they are screwed in terms of creativity and literally making new worlds with amazing plot lines.

FFX and FFXIII were both great with plot and characters. FF9, FF12.. those games were poor compared to these.

I loved FFVII as a kid. I put in so much time into the game, the time counter maxed out on it. lol. I'd love to see a HD remaster of it, but it would be a lot of work. Unless you played that game to excess to see all the secondary plot lines and the full story of all the characters, its was just another RPG. It was good RPG, but for a HD remaster version to work, they'd need to remake entire parts of the game to make the story more complete IMO. A sequel would be great for it, but unless it included a full backstory of the first game, it'll only appeal to old school gamers. Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children was supposed to be that sequel, in movie form, to satisfy all those fans.. but fans are greedy.. and we all want more. :P If anything, I'd like to see another movie.

Edited by Sledgstone
Fixes

All the Metal Gear sequels are interesting because they are completely new games. That being said, I lost most interest in the series after Metal Gear Solid 2. I'll get the new one though for certain. Mostly because it seems like a slight reboot of the series because certain plot lines in the game are supposed to go against the canon already established in the previous titles.

What a terrible game to end on. :P MGS3 was amazing, even with the camera issues I loved it, but apparently it was just too much for most and they fixed that aspect in a rerelease. We were all duped on MGS2. The opening mission was outstanding, and then you're thrown into this new character you don't give two shits about, he sucked so bad they had to completely jack his body up to make him a bad ass in later titles. The game wasn't that great. MGS4 is an interactive movie. Most of the cut scenes are 20+ minutes and a few can go up to close to an hour... (Thankfully you can pause them). The boss fights are among the most unique in the series as they all require a bit of critical thinking on how to take them down rather than the classic shoot, hide, and eat a ration. You really need to pick them up on the cheap. ;) I dunno how much MGS5 is going to tie into 3, but hopefully they'll release a huge digital encyclopedia similar to how they did with MGS4, detailing all the events over the entire timeline from the 1st NES game to present.

It will be interesting to see how the open world gameplay will differ from the more linear path the series has always followed. If they use a similar method to Red Dead Redemption, I'll be extremely pleased.

FFXV might need to bomb to get them to wake up, and realize what they have been doing for the past few years wont fly anymore. I've been rooting for bombs on a lot of these bloated sequels that ride on the nostalgia of 3-4 games ago. People are getting their FFXV, their Madden 3430493, their COD: Ghosts, their GTAV, and I just want my damn Dark Cloud 3... -_-;

FFX and FFXIII were both great with plot and characters. FF9, FF12.. those games were poor compared to these.

Blasphemy! FFIX was a rare gem and I loved the story completely. Yes I'm a little blinded by the fact that it's what cemented my love for the FF series (and it was the first one I ever played), sue me. I do agree on 12 though. What little I played of it I wasn't overly impressed (and I mean little, I don't think I'm even 5 hours into it yet (and if I am then it was a real disappointment)). The battle system was quite lovely though, one of the few battle systems I've liked in recent years. Quite honestly I never could see why VII is lauded as the best FF game in the series. The story was meh and the characters were all pretty disappointing and bland (with the exception of Cid and Vincent, really liked those two). True I've never beaten it (on the final fight) but I just really can't see why it was so amazing.

Will I be booed out for saying I've only played MGS2 (and boy what a disappointment it was after the first mission)? I played the demo of MGS and liked it but never did get around to actually buying it and playing it (though I've seen it completely through, one of my old roommates went through and MGS marathon and played 1, 2, and 3 all back to back). MGS4 never really interested me and I didn't have a PS3 so i could never play it. I must say though I'm thinking of buying MGS5 once it comes out and I get my PS4, looks freaking amazing.

As much as I don't want FFXV to bomb I agree with DX, it just might be what Square needs to finally make them see they need to rethink the whole RPG thing. I'd also like to see COD bomb big time, they really need to rethink how they make those games. I've heard nothing but bad things about Ghosts and yet it's still being praised. Really starting to think the game industry has finally plateaued.

Level 5 wont make a Dark Cloud 3 because they dont think there is a lot of interest in it. There are many beloved games that are abandoned because now the gaming industry just focuses on home run hits... a game can't just sell well, it has to be a Triple A blockbuster money maker. It really hurts the variety we have to choose from. The industry might have plateaued, but I hold hope with some of the titles coming out this year.

Meanwhile the indy sector is booming... the mainstream is starting to take notice.