Sledgstone

Helix Season 1: Laws of Nature Extended Trailer

Helix is an intense thriller about a team of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control who travel to a high-tech research facility in the Arctic to investigate a possible disease outbreak, only to find themselves pulled into a terrifying life-and-death struggle that holds the key to mankind's salvation...or total annihilation.

Syfy has finally released a trailer for Helix that actually shows clips from the first season. I'm looking forward to this series and I hope it doesn't disappoint me.

The first episode of Helix premieres Friday, January 10 at 10|9c, on Syfy.

Click here to view the article

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I finished season 1 a few weeks ago.. The show had a lot of potential but it really feels like it fell apart in the last couple episodes. The narvik virus was interesting, but the characters were just not believable. Especially Alan. Wether he was angry, sad, happy, etc. He always had the same facial expressions and tone of voice. He felt like an actor reading off a script to me. The only decent characters in the show were Julia, Daniel, Annana and Hiroshi. Sergio also had some depth to him, but only because his character seemed to do a 180 shortly after killing that one CDC woman.

Seeing how season 1 ended, I don't know if I'll watch season 2. If season 2 is completely focused around Alan and his quest to find a woman who has obviously moved on, then I don't see it keeping my attention.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      Ok, so we're 1 episode away from the finale. That will be released tomorrow. The first two episodes were basically Dick van dyke and I dream of Jeanie episodes. Very boring and made no sense. Third episode and the "tv reality" becomes colorized and things start to progress. Fourth episode gets better and 5th episodes and on the show is solid and extremely interesting and is true Marvel movie quality. By the 8th ep all the tv show stuff at the beginning of the series makes complete sense and the series is awesome. I'm expecting some huge battle for this finale and probably some giant reveal for the Doctor Strange 2 movie. Maybe we'll see some huge actor like Keanu Reeves show up as Mephisto or something like how we got that hint of Thanos at the end of the Avengers movie.
    • By Sledgstone
      The season finale just ended this past monday. I started this series and gave it a couple eps. I almost dropped it, but by the third ep shit started going down and I got sucked into the plot. This was a surprisingly great series with excellent acting. Its so refreshing to see a 1 off series like this. I don't think there is going to be a season 2 and if there is it would probably ruin the experience. This played out like an anime in a sense. It started and finished the entire plot. There was no filler episodes and everything tied in together. I hope this inspires AMC to make more stand alone short series. Hell, I wish more of america tv would follow this direction instead of endless reality shows or drawing out a series so long that it gets canceled without a finale. This show proves its possible for US tv to actually give us a story in a complete season. Well done AMC.  I can only compare this to Stephen King mini series, except better. Now I wish all those old Stephen King mini series were actually given the full season treatment like this.
    • By Sledgstone
      This is without a doubt the best thing I have seen on tv this entire year. 4 series in a massive justice league / captain America civil war style plot spanning 4 episodes and it was amazing. I really hope they make another crossover special next year. Superheroes versus the ultimate Nazis. The episodes are online if anyone wants to watch:
      http://m.cwtv.com/shows/crisis-on-earth-x/
    • By Sledgstone
      I loved this cartoon when i was a kid. The animation looks good, the music is great, the voice actors are a good match. I'll watch this.
    • By Sledgstone
      I watched the first 3 episodes of this tonight and I'm loving it so far. Unlike the movie where everyone is stuck in a grocery store, the bulk of the cast is trapped in a mall, while others are in a church or on the road trying to avoid getting killed. Spike has done a good job with this. Depending on how they treat this series it could be their own Walking Dead kind of show. No zombies needed here with the amount of monsters ready to kill everyone.