DeathscytheX

Everything You Need to Know about the Destiny BETA!

Hmmmm, go figure theres a trophy linked to the number 7. Bungie at it's love for the number 7.

Don't think it'd be entirely hard to get that trophy while doing them normally. Had we actually took our time on The Devil's Lair I'm pretty sure we wouldn't of died as much as we did (I mean some of our deaths were kind of our fault). Then again you'd also have to do it with people you know and trust because doing it with a match made group would be rather difficult (especially if you get stuck with 3 hunters like we did).

Hmmmm. so there are going to be guild like entities in this game. Was wondering since there was no mention of it in the Alpha. Wonder if we'll be able to play around with it in Beta?

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I'm hoping they really open up a lot more for us to do in the beta because the alpha, as fun as it was, was really constrained. Redoing all the same crap over and over got a little repetitive and dull (I had fun but those missions just get boring to continually grind). I'm not asking for a lot but I'd really like to see more story based missions and at least another Strike for us to take on (though I really want another shot at The Devil's Lair, as much grief as it gave us to get through I really enjoyed doing it. Want to try it on Legendary difficulty next).

The Destiny Beta Trailer is out! Expansion Pass content revealed:

The post-launch expansions will contain story missions, co-op activities and multiplayer maps, new weapons, armour and gear. Each pack will cost $19.99 individually, or $34.99 for the Expansion Pass. The higher end limited editions will include the Expansion Pass in the bundle. Only the expansion names have been revealed, with no date as of yet:

• Expansion I: The Dark Below – set deep beneath the surface of the Moon, discover an ancient tomb that has been unsealed, and a dark god who has risen an evil army in the depths of the Hellmouth, the home of the Hive enemy race
  • Expansion II: House of Wolves – details will be revealed later
  • PlayStation platforms will also include additional exclusive content for Expansion I and II and will remain exclusive until at least Fall of 2015

The Beta Timeline:

bnet_zps4d264634.jpg

This post has been promoted to an article

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Yup! Play the Destiny Beta on Saturday, July 26th, beginning at 2PM PDT, to earn an exclusive emblem for the retail version of Destiny. We’ll also be delivering some fun and unexpected surprises throughout the Beta!

Interesting

http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Destiny-Beta/en/News/News?aid=11643

Select your platform on July 10th. Codes will be emailed out respectively when your beta starts.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are as many emblems in Destiny as there are dog tags and emblems in BF4. I'm ready for this beta.. Has Bungie mentioned anything about deleting the alpha off the PS4? Like would we save download time if the beta is an update for the alpha? Or maybe we should delete it off the PS4 for a fresh download.. hmm.. I never deleted it off my system yet.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

F'in whiners. I hope they realize that outside of the money Sony threw at Activision to get the special treatment for Destiny that Bungie is probably doing this as a slam in Microsoft's face for the way they treated them during their time developing Halo for them. Honestly MS screwed Bungie by taking the rights to Halo as part of the deal for them to leave but Destiny is already a much better game then Halo ever was (don't get me wrong I love the Halo series but honestly giving the game to 343 was, imo, the worst thing they could of done for the series) and I'm happy Sony is get preferential treatment with it. Make me even happier that I bought a PS4.

This is definitely one of those times where brand loyalty causes blindness. Halo Fans aren't getting screwed over. Certain Halo Fans stupidity to only own gaming devices from only one particular company is just bad decision making on their part.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

F'in whiners. I hope they realize that outside of the money Sony threw at Activision to get the special treatment for Destiny that Bungie is probably doing this as a slam in Microsoft's face for the way they treated them during their time developing Halo for them. Honestly MS screwed Bungie by taking the rights to Halo as part of the deal for them to leave but Destiny is already a much better game then Halo ever was (don't get me wrong I love the Halo series but honestly giving the game to 343 was, imo, the worst thing they could of done for the series) and I'm happy Sony is get preferential treatment with it. Make me even happier that I bought a PS4.

This. Bungie stayed professional about losing all the rights to the IP they created. They parted ways without being nasty publicly. But if you read the articles at that time, everyone could see they got screwed hard. Sony swooped in, embraced them and it has paid off. It was a golden opportunity to finally have access to the company that revolutionized FPS. Bungie even had part in PS4's controller design, which means they were given unprecedented access to Sony's stuff in regards to next gen. Bungie felt the love and is returning it while Xbox One and 360 is just a cash cow for them as of right now.

It reminds me of Nintendo and Rare back in the 90s. I understand why MS did what they did... but they didn't go about doing it the right way. They were mad that Bungie wanted to go 3rd party, so they intentionally tried to hurt them. The fans have to suffer, but they should be blaming MS, not Bungie... they're too caught up in the fanboyism of it all.

Today Bungie posted an "Everything You Need to Know about the Beta". There is also a possibility that Beta progress could transfer over to the retail product... Bungie wouldn't say that it definitely will not, but won't commit on that it will. For more read the VG247 article below:

http://www.vg247.com/2014/07/15/destiny-beta-video-ps4-xbox-one/

This post has been promoted to an article

It would be great if or beta characters would carry over. I put in around 10 hours into the alpha and with the beta lasting a week, that could lead to some serious time. I don't mind replaying part of a game but numerous hours of repetition would get a bit annoying especially for campaign based missions.

The app is very detailed. But with the amount of graphics and 3D images in it, I can only assume it uses heavy bandwidth. I'll only use this on wifi. You can even see a 3D representation of your character in the app.. fully rotatable and zoomable to see your armor and admire your upgrades. Very impressive, but the weapon and ship models seem way too dark on my phone.

I'm not sure I like the Titan class so far. Its really a tank class, but with my weak armor at the beginning of the game, I'm hesitant to jump into a horde of enemies to utilize my smash move. If I don't kill a good chunk of enemies with it, then I'm a sitting duck. The upgrades for the class make alot of sense tho. The melee attack when upgraded can cause splash damage, has a chance of instant recharging and can also cause a significant cooldown of the special attack. Also, the special attack can cause more area of effect damage and can be upgraded to be aimable while in a lift jump. Which would be much better than what I've got now. I jump in the air, but when I smash I don't know if I'll land in the big group of enemies or on the outer edge of the group. I can see the devastating potential of this class, but I think I'll still prefer Hunter over it. I might scrap my Titan here soon and start over with a Warlock to see which one I prefer.