31 posts in this topic

Yeah, I loved the puzzles, I just wish the game was longer and had more of them... I was expecting them to start getting LIMBO style brutal, but it never happened. lol

dvabanner.png

Its interesting.. but some of the puzzles were confusing me a bit.. If anything, I think I need to turn the brightness on my TV up because unlit areas are almost too dark to see ledges.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_252.jpg

I beat Contrast yesterday and I wasn't that impressed with it. I'm glad it was free because it was buggy. I got to the end of the game.. I'm at the lighthouse.. I had to use a spot light to move a box.. I accidentally knocked the box off a ledge because it slides for some reason. I jumped off a cliff to restart that area because I couldn't complete the area without that box. and the box didn't respawn. I was completely screwed. I tried jumping off a ledge again.. no box.. I restarted the light house area from the last save point and skipped the cinematics to save time. Turns out that caused another bug because I couldn't get past the first room because I couldn't refocus a light back onto a disco ball looking thing to complete a light circuit. I jumped off a ledge and tried again.. nope. It literally bounced the camera around and wouldn't work. So I restarted the light house again. Watch all the cut scenes again.. and everything worked without bugging out. So damn annoying. I felt like I should beat the game since I started it and I knew I must have been near the end. But these bugs on the last level really annoyed me.. That and the annoying jumps that took me more than 2 times to make and caused instant death if I missed. -_-;

Overall I didn't like this game. I thought I would have but there are far better games out there. Its an interesting concept, jumping into shadows, but I think it could have been done better.

So it turns out that the character we're playing as is named "Dawn" who was the assistant of Didi's biological father who was an illusionist.. ehh. wth wouldn't Dawn say a single word this entire game? :confused: Its an odd story that feels incomplete. Its an Indie game alright, but the story line could have been a bit more explanatory. If anything, less artifacts that explained things would have probably been better. Like Limbo didn't explain anything. We had to come up with theories for it.

I kept thinking the entire game was a dream in Didi's head and "Dawn" was actually the older version of her.. but I was way off in the end.

Apparently, right after I beat this game, it was patched to fix one of those annoying light house issues and a couple other bugs. I always have great timing. -_-;