I saw this game on Kotaku and it peaked my interest because it's puzzle platforming reminds me a little bit of limbo. The story is interesting so far and the gameplay is unique... the game it self has its bugs, but I can't complain since it was free via PS+. I love the 20s era theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qOpaJkh4jY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP_WaE2Lxpw

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I saw the trailer for it on steam a while back and it looks like fun. Its good to see the PS+ membership is still giving out decent games.

The PS+ free games is a great deal. I read this article earlier in the year and could barely believe it:

Ready for this? In just one year of PlayStation Plus—all the free games pictured up top—are valued at roughly $1854.86.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/year-one-of-playstation-plus-value-in-free-games-185486-20143

O_O

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Final Verdict: This game isn't worth $14.99

The story was great, the plot twists were cool, but it was WAY to short... I think I beat it in less than 3-4 hours. I missed a lot of collectables and luminaries, but there weren't many puzzels and I dont see a need to go collect them all... I think this was a crowd funded game... I'd like to see a longer sequel with more puzzles and more challenging ones. It kept getting better and better then all of the sudden I was at the end. LIMBO is a 5-6 hour game, but its nonstop puzzles all the way through, this game has some downtime for exploration but there were only 3-5 "secret" puzzles.

Its worth the free download and one play through though.

I find it odd this is free on PS+ but only the PS4 version. There is also a version for PS3 but that's still $14.99. If I remember correctly the free PS4 games aren't intended to be the full version of the game. (Even though they aren't demos.) Or maybe that was just Drive Club.

Also no Resogun (offer) on PS3 (for PS4) at all but that's a whole different topic.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Drive Club is a PS4 only games but if it were being offered on PSN as free with PS+ then that offer should still exist even though I can't play it on my PS3. Or maybe I'm too use to the fact I can get free PSP / Vita Games despite the fact I get them on PS3 but can't play them on PS3.

I just think its a flaw on Sony's part in the long run. Because eventually they won't offer free PS3 Games. And they may take down PSN for PS3 as well. When that happens I won't have a library of games that give me an urge to even buy a PS4 like I do with PS Vita TV.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I'm missing something. Was it being offered for free before PS4 game out? Because I don't see it in the store... Then again it was delayed for a year.

That is an interesting point. There would be no point for keeping PS+ on PS3 in the long run because dev support will end one day, and it wouldn't make much sense from a consumer stand point to keep paying for a product that gives you nothing since you can play online for free. I think Sony needs a better exit plan than just having everyone lose their games when PS+ support comes to an end or just keeping it going and making people pay a yearly fee for a library of games. Since support would end, they should just let people keep the access to the games.

I never had an original xbox so I don't know how it worked from xbox to 360, but I think its interesting I can see what people are doing on PS3 on my PS4 via friends list. I wonder if XB1 will do this with 360.

Here's the Drive Club Update from PS Blog

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/18/driveclub-update/

Based on that I'll assume Contrast is the full version & not a PS+ Edition. Though it doesn't explain why Contrast is free with PS+ on PS4 but not free with PS+ on PS3.

*Edit

Forgot the word not....

Edited by Myk JL

Ah, ok: http://www.primagames.com/games/drive-club/news/driveclub-playstation-plus-edition-explained

I assume since its a new major release, that is why its a partial game. I'm pretty new to the PS+ world. I'll probably buy the full game instead, its one of the few racers that has peaked my interest in years since the PS2 era. Perhaps Contrast is a filler for DC for PS4 users? I dunno. How many games of the month does PS+ normally run at one time? There are two currently.

PS+ doesn't release an X amount of games on a monthly basis. It releases an X amount on a weekly basis. So a minimum of 4-5 games a month depending on the amount of Tuesdays. Or at least that's how its done with PS3. I don't know if its a different day on PS4. But I normally check the PS+ Blog.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/

I think Drive Club was the only partial game for PS+, all the others are all full games. I think more of the games in the future will have DLC for sale which is why the core game will be free.. with hundreds of thousands or millions of people getting a game for free, only a percentage of that has to buy DLC for it to make it worth it for the game developers.

Its stupid that Contrast is only free for PS4 when its also available on PS3. During this overlap of game availability from old generation to new generation, we might see this happen again.

btw, as far as I know, you should be able to add those PS4 games to your account. The PSN store on PS3 will show you the PS3 and Vita games but not PS4.. but if you go to Sony Entertainment's site you can log into your PSN account there and then add to cart all the PS4 games. As long as you have PS+ you should be able to build up a PS4 collection of games so when you eventually get a PS4 you'll have a large library of titles waiting for you.

http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/home/

@DX Thanks for the heads up about Contrast. Some games are too short for the price they cost. I don't expect to get 20 hours out of a game anymore, but if a game is entertaining enough to last 5-6 hours then it might be worth the price of a 2 movie tickets for the same amount of time = money. But with the selection of games out there, $15 could be spent on some damn better games for the price.

Man I can't wait for N++! Its in the PS store listings and I got excited only to find out its just the trailer -_-; I wont even wait for it to be free on PS+ when it comes out. I got $10 in credit for buying the launch edition PS4 so that would take care of most of it. And the game is being made by a team of 3 people, so I don't mind contributing to their cause for a game that I love but tortures me with its insanity. XD

BTW, as far as I know, you should be able to add those PS4 games to your account. The PSN store on PS3 will show you the PS3 and Vita games but not PS4.. but if you go to Sony Entertainment's site you can log into your PSN account there and then add to cart all the PS4 games. As long as you have PS+ you should be able to build up a PS4 collection of games so when you eventually get a PS4 you'll have a large library of titles waiting for you.

http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/home/

I was able to do it easier with Contrast but it took longer with Resogun as it wasn't being labeled as free at first. At least now they both appear in my Purchase History.

So I'll be getting a PS4 when TESO comes out.... or when I feel the urge to buy a PS4 the month before PS4 Slim comes out.

Edited by Myk JL

It'll be interesting to see the early stages of PS4's + perks, there were no new free games Tuesday because the console came out Friday. Even then, there isn't enough games in the library right now to make free. They'd run out by the end of this month unless more games become available in the next two weeks.

It'll be interesting to see the early stages of PS4's + perks, there were no new free games Tuesday because the console came out Friday. Even then, there isn't enough games in the library right now to make free. They'd run out by the end of this month unless more games become available in the next two weeks.

They have a habit at times of making free games for only one particular device. I've had weeks where I'd get free PS Vita Games but nothing I can play on PS3.

Speaking of Vita, since it came out does PS+ give out any free PSP games? If not, then PS+ might start dropping free games for PS3 altogether by sometime next year.. but if the occasional PSP game is still free, then maybe they'll keep giving out some PS3 ones? hmmm.. but if they only give out free games to one system at a time, then if they give out some PS3 games, PS4 users might start complaining that they're not getting anything.

I think I might've gotten a PSP Game from PS+ but that might've been months ago if I did.

Also with out the need for PS+, currently, you can go onto PS Home to The PS4 Experience & get codes for Destruction Derby, Twisted Metal, & Warhawk for PS Vita.

I did not know that.. very interesting. I've only used PS home a couple times, but there is a large user base for it. I know my brother's wife has a character with a full residence, etc.. they could even watch movies in it. But I don't remember hearing anything about PS home being available on PS4.. maybe they'll keep PS home exactly as it is and give PS4 access to it. They did that with the DC Universe.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/11/01/cross-platform-play-comes-to-dc-universe-online-on-consoles/

If the PS4 can access the exact same game servers the PS3 uses and cross platforming works fine, then they should have no problem keeping PS home intact and simply have PS4 access it.

*checks PSU*

http://www.psu.com/a021583/PlayStation-Home-on-PS4-Sony-comments-

Well.. PS Home might not be on PS4, or if it does, then it could potentially be a new PS Home.

Even if PS Home isn't on PS4 I might switch over to TESO anyway.

Though now that they have a PS4 event on PS Home I'm looking forward to the plausible outburst of anger no matter what Sony does during it. I finished the quests that gave me the free PS Vita games only to enter a door followed by the words To Be Continued.

Edited by Myk JL

I was able to do it easier with Contrast but it took longer with Resogun as it wasn't being labeled as free at first. At least now they both appear in my Purchase History.

So I'll be getting a PS4 when TESO comes out.... or when I feel the urge to buy a PS4 the month before PS4 Slim comes out.

I got my PS+ membership during the black friday sale.. I activated it yesterday, jumped on Sony's site and "purchased" all my free games for PS3, PS4 and Vita. But I think there is something wrong with Uncharted 3, where you able to get that game added to your account?

I was really surprised by the 8 (I think it was 8) PS3 games I got. I'm really looking forward to playing XCOM Enemy Unknown and Shadow of the Colossus.

I got my PS+ membership during the black Friday sale.. I activated it yesterday, jumped on Sony's site and "purchased" all my free games for PS3, PS4 and Vita. But I think there is something wrong with Uncharted 3, where you able to get that game added to your account?

I was really surprised by the 8 (I think it was 8) PS3 games I got. I'm really looking forward to playing XCOM Enemy Unknown and Shadow of the Colossus.

I purchase my PS3 Games on my PS3. So as far as I can tell from looking at the list from the PSN store on PS3 I own Uncharted 3. Since you did it on Sony's Site you might be having similar problems like I did with Resogun for PS4.

According to the PSN Store on PS3 there are 20 games available; 12 PS3 Games & 8 PS Vita Games. I wish I was more into XCom but I got overwhelmed by its RTS mechanics. I got lost in Shadow Of The Colossus & couldn't figure out where to go. I eventually got use to the Horse controls though.

I figured it out. I had to add the game to my account through the PSN store on the PS3. I had no problem adding every other game available through Sony's website though. It was odd, Uncharted 3 just wouldn't recognize my PS+ status through the website. I got all 20 games now. I was more interested in getting XCOM for PC because I'd rather play the game with a mouse, especially because of the RTS game play. I hope the PS3 controller is good enough for me to enjoy playing it.

At least now I'll have a library of games started for my PS4.. It might be awhile until I finally find one in stock again, but at least I'll have some games for it now.