DeathscytheX

The Walking Dead Season 4 Episode Discussion [Possible Spoilers]

I missed the first 15 mins of this episode that I'll rewatch at 11.. I'm glad to see Carol is fine.. and she saved Judith from that psycho girl. A baby in the zombie apocalypse is the worst thing ever. I thought Tyrese was about to kill her on sight, but then I remembered he doesn't know yet.

Maggie and Glenn are both alive which is good. They should have a good plot line that leads them back together.

Abraham.. I've heard people mention his name plenty of times. After seeing him, I initially thought.. no way.. they're doing a resident evil crossover. lmao.. j/k. XD

But seriously he looks so much like Barry from Resident Evil 1.

post-1-0-05040400-1392607698.jpg post-1-0-27831200-1392607701_thumb.jpg

XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I have a feeling that Eugene shot the gas tank on purpose. He had a look as he walked away from it like its exactly what he wanted. That and I wouldn't trust him simply because he has a mullet. lol.

Michonne opening up to Carl about her kid was a decent reveal of her character. I'm honestly glad they're not doing flash backs. An occasional dream sequence might be fine, but no flash backs. Rick needs to get back into his game. I thought for a second that guy in the bathroom was going to stab him in the eye with some scissors. And how in the hell didn't anyone hear that struggle. Oh.. and wtf Rick. Michonne got a new shirt and he is still wearing a tattered rag.

Good ep. Can't say what I know about the new trio because it would be massive spoilers... it looks like they are going by the book.

I was hoping Rick would gun them all down. He was definitely about to kill that guy, but its telling how much they are holding back on the TV show from letting the characters more primal sides come out. I hope that is all about to change, otherwise the series will go stale fast.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I thought it was odd that Rick gave his gun to Carl before he left.. He left himself with no weapons except maybe some kitchen knives. Then I remembered that Carl probably shot every bullet he had when he went on his pudding run. At least Rick got a new gun, but it really looks like they need some new weapons or at least more ammo.

If it is not the 80's I do not trust the mullet. People who live in the past care little for the present and even less for the future.

Hey Abraham, stop taking orders from a dick. Follow Glen. I'm guessing he's long time military because he appears to seek out the top of the known hierarchy to get his orders from. He didn't want to lose the civi's either. Protect and preserve human life. Looking forward to getting to know these newbs :P

Rick...running around upstairs...giving me twelve heart attacks. Him and that dude eye fuckin each other as the guy was getting choked out. That was some good suspenseful shit. So glad he got to Michonne and Carl and they gtfo. Are these guys the group thats going around beheading people or are these guys the group the head hunters are after? I'm not asking! I wanna know when they tell me but its so much fun to ponder. Mwahahaha 

Carl is so crushed over Judith. Michonne loved her too. Talking with Carl about her child was grief therapy for both of them and it brought them closer together. I don't think she is his mom's replacement, more like the cool aunt, but they are really becoming family. I can't wait for them to see Judith alive. I'll cry and it will be so worth it :P

Glen will find Maggie.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

At least someone in the show now isn't looking at just surviving and being content. These new characters have a mission and that's something fresh to watch after 3/4 seasons of what we've seen thus far. 

I wish I didn't watch the promo for episode 2 at the end of episode 1, which was a TERRIBLE promo because it gave away the Maggie-I-wanna-kill-zombies-in-the-bus-and-hope-not-to-find-Glenn-dead scene and the promo shows Glenn alive. Plus how the hell did he even get up there? 

This week's episode was the best in the season so far, I only hope it gets better going forward. For the volume of viewership, I'd say they owe it to everyone although it's not remotely close to the best thing airing on TV right now.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

"You're going to have your first drink, it aint gonna be no damn peach schnapps" LMAO!!! XD

The golf cub scene ruining Beth's new shirt was hilarious!

All in all I thought this was just a filler ep... but the emotional outburst by Daryl near the end was pretty powerful, it took 3 and a half seasons for it to happen.

Its looking like next week is gonna focus on Maggie's group, and Daryl might run into Carol and Tyrese if I saw that split second of the preview right. I'm assuming the season will end with everyone ending up at Sanctuary.

That golf club scene was pretty funny. Oh, new shirt? *golf clubs some brains at her* XD

Man.. for a girl that has never drank alcohol before, she drank that moonshine like it was water. :P Daryl having an emotional moment was good, but I agree that the episode dragged on a bit just to get to that point. I suppose the entire episode was more of a character development ep for both Daryl and Beth, much like how Michonne had an episode.

The episode was a female fan pleaser... I have a lot female friends that are so in love with Norman... and I'm like.. this dude is so hideous looking. XD XD XD... yet they all wish they were Beth in that one scene.

Beth was so annoying the whole episode... and I about died laughing when Daryl made fun of her singing, because I know so many people that hate her for that... Shes almost the new Andrea for me... but they are building on a bond between them two, so I bet she will last a bit longer than we all would hope for.... It would be a good plot twist for another emotional Daryl if she dies.

I can't decide if this is the worst episode in this season thus far or the worst episode in this season thus far AND last season. Everything from the pacing, timeline, editing, cheesy dialog was off or looked like someone was having a bad day as a Director or studio. Maybe they thought, hmmm let's give the women an hour of Daryl and not worry cos hey it's Daryl, it'll work! Uhhmm, how about no, it did not work this time.

All of Daryl's hissey fits and rants were unbelievable to me as a viewer and Beth I guess everyone now wants to die by the end of this season. I heard a co-worker said she should die because she's useless in the group. Really? Why not kill Judith first if that's the case. Just because a character is not of much use does not mean they cannot survive in that sort of world. You're more likely to see people showing off all their bravado to hit the bucket just as much. Also, Daryl is good at acting out scenes where he doesn't have to act drunk cos then it shows he can't do that/ act. He's good at acting ignorant or the hero or emotional but not a drunk. 

Edited by Pchan

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Beth annoyed me. I understand be on a mission, but a mission for booze instead of trying to find the others like she wanted to so frickin bad last time we saw her? Knowing what booze did to Hershel? The only bottle she shoulda been looking for is in Judith's bag.  Everything just went to shit and her coping mechanism is a drinking game with hardcore booze for a first time drinker that didn't make her spew.... right. The episode is much slower then if it had been Daryl and Michonne or Carol or pretty much anyone but Beth.

wtf happened here anyway, they were right motherfucking behind Carol and Tyreese. They coulda should gottta catch up to them. I'm interested to see how it will play out when Rick/Daryl see Carol w Tyreese. Will Carol give Lizzy up as the stabber cuz she HAD to have seen her smothering Judith. She's going to have to deal with that kid.  

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I'm interested to see how it will play out when Rick/Daryl see Carol w Tyreese. Will Carol give Lizzy up as the stabber cuz she HAD to have seen her smothering Judith. She's going to have to deal with that kid.  

Interesting points, I didn't think of it that way till I read your post, on both things - Rick seeing Carol back even though he told her to leave the group and Carol seeing Lizzy smother Judith. Definitely curious to see how those two things play out. Plus, would Daryl be sympathetic towards Carol now that he knows what she did? He liked her and could defend her with the whole it was self defense-looking out for the group thing. 

But definitely, big contrast in pacing and shift compared to previous episodes. It didn't feel like an episode belonging to this season. This could've been one of those 'See DVD for an extra 45 mins of The Walking Dead, unseen'. 

Edited by Pchan

I don't think Carol killed Karen and David I think Lizzy did. It happens right after she couldn't stab her fathers corpse so she took her frustration out on helpless people. What Carol did was cover for her. She took the blame, accepted being booted and wanted to go back for the girls but Rick said no. She stuck close by anyway because she knows Lizzy aint right. Go back and watch Carol in those episodes and you'll see it. She is really struggling with something (spilling the water) snaps at Lizzy when she calls her mom. When Rick tells Daryl he is pissed and says "That aint her" in regard to the killings. Daryl does not believe she did it and Tyreese finding the cut up animal confirms it for him.

I think Rick will see Carol with Judith and not say anything to Tyreese and then Carol will have to tell Rick the truth about Lizzy. Shes going to have to confide in him or Daryl because she can't do this solo, the kid needs to be dealt with one way or another. I'm thinking Carol will shoot her ala Of Mice and Men. She couldn't do it for Sophia, Rick had to do it. I think this time she'll step up. She probably feels some responsibility for teaching the kids how to use knives. She did it to protect them before she knew there was a psycho amongst them. 

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I don't think Carol would ever kill Lizzy like that.. I think she'd rather live with those kids out in the woods somewhere instead. Seeing as she went so far as to take the blame for the kid and even get banished for it, then shes already chosen the kid once over living in a community. Sure it was Rick's decision to give her the boot, but the alternative could have ended with Carol being killed by Tyrese. Carol has changed quite a bit since the series started. Maybe she doesn't care if Judith dies, she might have saved the baby just for Carl's sake.

It looks like the same group... It makes me think Daryl is going to take a hiatus from this series, as well as Beth. The Cross on the back of the car was intriguing.

This season is pretty much done IMO. 3 Episodes left. Will Carol let lizzy die? Will there be a reunion of sorts of any of the group? The series is dragging because it has come too close to where the graphic novel is. If next season has season 3's pacing, it will be interesting in what route they take. Season 4 is another Season 2 IMO, except all the excitement happened at the first half instead of the finale.

Pretty sure same group of assholes that were hanging around to rape Michonne. Daryl had no choice but to go with, maybe he thinks they can lead him to Beth. He wont stay with them long, he's not the guy he was pre apocalypse, he just burned down his past an episode ago. Again, are they the head chopper offers or the headless? Jim's offer to Daryl of hurt others is indicative that Jim/his group has human enemies and/or preys upon other survivors. I'll guess its both. These guys are like the hunters in TLOU. 

Dear Beth, stop making noise you stupid asshole. Piano night at the funeral home really? The car that sped off may have been the person who was using that place or someone that offed the person using that place and they were coming along to loot it up. Daryl will assume responsibility for finding Beth anyway.

looks like some shit is gonna go down in Carols group next week..... 

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Well.. I was wrong. That was a full blown "Of Mice and Men" moment. Carol also admitted to killing those two. I think the reason she admitted to it was because she was ready to die and was expecting Tyrese to kill her. It still seems to me that there might have been more to that tho. She said Lizzy would have let them turn. Perhaps Carol walked in on Lizzy waiting by their bed side with some mice anticipating their change and Carol took care of them before it got to that.

Carol did contemplate going into the woods to live with her.. Maybe if Lizzy didn't kill her sister she would have. Lizzy was demented and would have been eaten by walker sooner or later anyway.

I think dropping Lizzie helped Tyrese realize Carol did what she thought had to be done when she killed his love. I knew with how annoying she was acting that she would be gone by the end of the episode. I applaud the series for finally putting some darkness in this season. It was definitely hard to watch.

Emotionally devastating episode, brilliantly done. They build up the feeling of comfort and family unity (we could stay here/ Tyreese telling Carol he trusts her etc) and then the bottom drops out and the fall is hard.

It became painfully obvious as the episode moves along that Lizzie can't escape her psychotic delusions, she probably has had some kind of therapy before, look at the flowers/count/breath are taught coping skills. There were flowers in their cell at the prison.Maybe her parents, maybe a professional. Looking back on her not stabbing her dad it was because she wanted him to come back. I thought Lizzie might throw Mika to the walkers, let her get bit kinda thing. I couldn't help but see people saying she was going to kill Mika, but I didn't expect she would straight up gut her sister. For the mentally ill it is a small step to go from killing animals to killing people. That was a tough scene to watch.

When Carol said Lizzie would have let Karen and David turn, then I knew it was Carol. Her distress in those eps was her guilt at what she had done, Tyreese wants her to live with that. They will share the pain of Karen's loss together.  Carol did what she thought was right for all of them at the prison, did what she had to do with Lizzie. Tyreese understands that. He knows she loved the girls. She thought about taking Lizzy away but they both knew that would just screw them all. They knew what they had to do.Carol stepped up again.  He could forgive her because Carol didn't act out of malice, it was necessity, maybe even mercy. Carol says Do what ya gotta do twice, she was ready to die if he so chose. Karen didn't suffer or know what was happening, it was quick and that was enough for Tyreese because he knew how sick she was. Lizzie didn't suspect or feel anything either. He knows he needs Carol and he does trust her and like her. She helps fill the big sister void he has with Sasha gone. I think this whole experience has bonded the two in a special way.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers