DeathscytheX

The Walking Dead Season 4 Episode Discussion [Possible Spoilers]

What did you think of the premier?

I think though Rick part was a waste. I was waiting for him to be sneak attacked by the husband, while being pissed off at the possibility he'd fall for something that dumb. However, it was just some crazy woman... The other part was epic though. Walkers falling through the ceiling was crazy. I was waiting for Carl to get his jealous on about Beth's boyfriend, but they killed him off super fast. It didn't seem very important.... Carl's new friend is now a walker... how did he get like that? It will be interesting to see next week! I assume some kind of bacterial or plague like infection must be going around the prison with the kid getting sick and dying and the pig dying.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I like reading twitter comments during the new episodes. One of the best ones I saw was when that crazy woman showed up.. Somebody said:

"I had no idea the grudge was going to be in this episode."

She did look like the grudge woman. XD

I'm surprised Rick is now Farmer Rick. I suppose its a good kind of therapy for him.. Daryl seems to have taken over a kind of leadership position, hes part of their council and brings in the food and goes on the runs.. He was also the person to tell Beth about the death of her boyfriend. Thats a leadership role. She wasn't phased at all about his death and then she seemed to linger on that hug with Daryl at the end of their convo too.. odd.

Did you watch the Talking Dead afterwards? Carl's friend that died was the voice actor of Phineas from the disney cartoon Phineas and Ferb. XD

They seemed to highlight the water spigot when that guy died.. With him and the pig dieing, I'm thinking its a water contamination. But wow it killed him quick. He started not feeling good that afternoon and then that night he was dead. And now hes a walker in the middle of the night. I wonder how many people he'll infect before they take him down.

And the pig.. I don't get it.. Hershel is a veterinarian. They see a sick pig and nobody bothers asking Hershel to give it a check up.

Also, everyone looked like they had perfectly washed hair except for Daryl who looked all greasy. XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

It did look like all the kids were sleeping in that particular area. Maybe they figured its the safest place and all children should sleep there.. but with a walker attacking from inside, those kids won't have the nerves to react. But yeah, Carl has killed his fair share already. I'm sure it'll be him that will have to take down his friend. It'd be kind of funny if that one girl jumps in between them like: "No! hes just a zombie now, we don't have to kill him, just lock him up in a cell and we'll give him a water bowl." and then right before the zombie brutally attacks her, Carl kills her for being an idiot. Carl is brutal now. XD

This episode was much better than the last one. Michonne seemed a bit out of practice getting off that horse and those walkers got the jump on her rather easily. Now that anyone can die overnight and start killing everyone, the prison isn't safe at all now. I like that. It'll keep people on their toes and make things more interesting. Especially since there is someone luring the walkers to specific parts of the fence.

The thing I'm more interested in now is how those two people died at the end. Tyrese showed up to see his girlfriend and all he saw was the blood on the bed, in the room and leading out to where they were burned. That doesn't mean they turned and someone took care of them.. it looked more to me like they were killed and burned before they had the chance to turn. Its as if someone is taking it upon themselves to deal with a potential threat by killing whoever is showing signs of the virus. I doubt someone trying to take out the prison fence would be concerned with stopping a virus from killing people. I'm thinking at least 2 people are doing things in secret. One trying to kill people and another killing people to save people. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of this season.

This episode was much better than the last one. Michonne seemed a bit out of practice getting off that horse and those walkers got the jump on her rather easily. Now that anyone can die overnight and start killing everyone, the prison isn't safe at all now. I like that. It'll keep people on their toes and make things more interesting. Especially since there is someone luring the walkers to specific parts of the fence.

The thing I'm more interested in now is how those two people died at the end. Tyrese showed up to see his girlfriend and all he saw was the blood on the bed, in the room and leading out to where they were burned. That doesn't mean they turned and someone took care of them.. it looked more to me like they were killed and burned before they had the chance to turn. Its as if someone is taking it upon themselves to deal with a potential threat by killing whoever is showing signs of the virus. I doubt someone trying to take out the prison fence would be concerned with stopping a virus from killing people. I'm thinking at least 2 people are doing things in secret. One trying to kill people and another killing people to save people. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of this season.

What if it was Beth? LOL. that would be crazy. I'm interested to see who is feeding the walkers to gather at parts of the fence, I am also glad they didn't drag out the Rick and Carl being out of action part for most the season, but at the same time, it ended so fast it shouldn't have even included it. I have my theories about Carl after tonight's episode, but I wont reveal them as they could be big spoilers, I can see where this is liberally following the Graphic Novel and I like it. Michonne got injured for the sole purpose of keeping her from going out on governor searches.  I do like how shes showing more of a personality rather than an introvert.

I'm very glad the Rick / Carl issue is basically resolved from what I'm seeing. Its as if they skipped an entire span of time that would have been a repeat of season 2 style farm life. I figured the Michonne injury happened for the same reason, they needed an excuse to keep her there. :nod:

Beth murdering people.. I dunno. lol. She would be really psycho if that was the case. With how everyone heard gunshots outside the prison, I'm thinking those two were probably killed with some muscle or they had their necks sliced while they were incapacitated by the virus. Or maybe Carl's gun with the silencer attached. And speaking of that, I wonder why Rick didn't give Carl back the silencer.

In the preview for next weeks ep, he had the silencer back on.

XD Beth resorts to pyromania. Then again it could be Doctor S. Hes new, and could have started burning the bodies to prevent the spread, whether they are still alive or not.

Did you see the sneak peek during Talking Dead? It showed Daryl and some others driving in a car, swerving, avoiding some walkers and then stopping abruptly.. As the walkers started piling up around the car I was thinking, why the hell did they stop!? and then the camera pulls back showing the road ahead is filled with a herd.. 7,500 or so walkers. O_O

Carol killed them. Wow. I didn't think she'd ever do that. Shes more dangerous than I thought. It looked like Tyrese was gone there for a minute. I hope they do a bite check on him. And he blasted Rick in the face. I loved that, because it looked like he knocked some sense back into him.

That herd was huge. The next ep should be really good. Daryl's group will probably focus on survival now more than getting some meds at this point. If that massive herd started walking to the prison there would be no stopping them from tearing down those chain link fences and overrunning the entire place.

The voice on the radio is going to be interesting, and yeah! Carol with the craziness... the graphic novel featured a lot of between character secrets. I think we finally have one in the TV series... no way Rick tells Tyrese what she did, especially since he knows she did it because she was trying to protect everyone. The herd was crazy... and the governor is still out there somewhere... This season is building up a boiling point and I hope they deliver.

Rick told Carol to get lost. I didn't see that coming. I think he'll tell everyone she was the murderer when he gets back. Tyrese might go out hunting for her.. and Daryl might go out looking for her too. Either way people will probably be pissed at Rick for either leaving her there or for letting her live.

He's either going to tell them she left on her own, or she died.... telling the truth is a possibility as well but I think she takes Tyrese's spot in the graphic novel for the TV show. Carol has lived a lot longer on the show, and she is one of the casualties this season I have predicted along with Beth, Judith, and Hershel to make way for the new characters. I didn't see Rick banishing her that's for certain... but I can guarantee the Governor captures her.

I figured he'd tell them the truth in case anyone finds her out there, he probably doesn't want drama to come back and bite him in the ass if hes found out to be a liar. But it wasn't his decision to make. They let Meryl back into the group after he had tourtered and attempted to kill some of them. If Carol was the killer, that would be a bigger line she'd have crossed tho. I say "if" because lady has a theory.. what if it wasn't Carol that killed them. Maybe that girl she took in as a daughter was the murderer. Carol kept telling her to not be weak and how to kill someone. Maybe the kid did it and Carol took the credit to save the kid's ass. With how Carol is, its hard to believe she would just slaughter a couple people in their sleep and then help some random guy by popping his shoulder back into place. And that kid is supposedly sick too.. I don't think any of the other kids are sick... maybe she isn't.. maybe shes on the inside.. waiting to neck stab more people.

After this episode, there is what.. 8 or so people left in the prison? If just about everyone in the sick ward died and Rick has nobody else able to help him secure the fence except Carl.. then along with Daryl's group, they basically killed off all the Woodbury people. It also looks like that little girl doesn't have it in her to kill a walker so I guess it was Carol that killed those two. Now the question is who was leaving the rats at the fence. I'm guessing it was that newer guy thats in Daryl's group. Hes probably working with the Governor. But then again, why would he? Hes almost died a couple of times. Unless the governor had his family hostage or some crap I don't see why anyone would risk invading a disease infested prison or just leave when they had the chance. Maybe the governor was throwing injured rats over the fence. :confused:

And speaking of that.. In the end the Governor shows up. Finally.. I was wondering what happened to him. Turns out hes been living in a tent. wtf.

More importantly where the F is Rodriguez and that other dude? I wonder if he was guiding the walkers there to spread that disease and thin them out. I dont think Bob is helping the Gov. but this was the best episode of the season so far. 

FYI:

I love this theme...

I don't see how in the hell the governor could be living in a tent in the middle of walker infested land. Maybe Rodriguez and the other guy were in the tent sleeping and it was the governor's watch? I don't think I'd be able to sleep with a psycho like that right outside. :err:

Now that I think of it, maybe he started the infection with the help of Bob who seems to have a lot of medical knowledge. The only reason I say this is because he is burning down Woodbury in the preview. Its probably just an act of insanity and rage, but he could be burning it down because of its contamination... but no one is there so there is no purpose to that.  They left the Rick Daryl thing on a cliff hanger... but to me its obvious how its going to turn out. Either Daryl gets pissed at Rick or eventually gets pissed at Rick. If the Gov kills Carol it will have that lame cliche "Its you're fault shes dead" vibe which I hope they avoid. It also holds the question of if Rick and Daryl keep her murders a secret from Tyrese or not. There is so many ways this can go, I beg that they don't pick the stereotypical cope out. Give us a mindfuck that the graphic novel does so well.

pointless preview, but the episode is called "live bait"

They better not do the cliche blame game. In one of the earlier eps this season I believe one of them said they couldn't go back to Woodbury even if they wanted to because it was over run. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong tho. But if not, then maybe the Governor went back to Woodbury to burn it down, kill a crap load of walkers and make sure nobody could ever use his old base again.

I'm really surprised that nobody has picked up on Michonne's technique of having toothless, armless walkers as a deterrent. I was almost expecting the prison group to have 10-20 chained down walkers around the perimeter at the beginning of this season.

The governor's two guys up and left him that very night after the woodbury massacre. They should have shot him in his sleep. Now that they found him again, I'm going to guess that the governor will go back to his sadistic ways and start killing people again. O_O

I think they're trying to kill walkers in new ways so it doesn't get repetitive. Air tank, throat ripped out, pull the top of the skull off. That air tank bashing was great. XD