Sledgstone

J.J. Abrams apologizes for all those Star Trek lens flares

http://io9.com/j-j-abrams-apologizes-for-all-those-star-trek-lens-fla-1429457615

I know I get a lot of grief for that. But I'll tell you, there are times when I'm working on a shot, I think, 'Oh this would be really cool… with a lens flare.' But I know it's too much, and I apologize. I'm so aware of it now. I was showing my wife an early cut of Star Trek Into Darkness and there was this one scene where she was literally like, "I just can't see what's going on. I don't understand what that is." I was like, "Yeah, I went too nuts on this."

This is how stupid it was — I actually had to use ILM [industrial Light & Magic] to remove lens flare in a couple of shots, which is, I know, moronic. But I think admitting you're an addict is the first step towards recovery.

lmao! He finally realizes his obsession with lens flares. XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      Season 3 started and its 5 episodes in so far. This has become one of my favorite Star Trek series. I would have never imagined myself saying that during the horrible season 1, but season 2 was amazing and season 3 is awesome so far. I highly recommend this show. I did not think the show could get better than season 2, considering captain Pike and Spock were top notch, but its maintaining that same quality easily. Talking about season 3 is a huge spoiler if you haven't seen season 2. Regardless of that I will say "The Burn", the event that completely changed the entirety of star trek, all species, all great powers in the galaxy, etc. is an extremely interesting plot. Well done for the writers because this has me hooked all over again. It makes the show completely unpredictable in terms of where that plot is going and I have no idea what they will reveal next. CBS is working on more Star Trek series and for the first time I can say hell yes. They're reviving one of my all time favorite scifi shows back into the glory days of having new series coming out and they're all high quality.
    • By Sledgstone
      This is a pretty pointless first look of the logo of the new series. The thing that caught my eye was at the end were it looks like the show will actually be on CBS and not online streaming only. Turns out thats not the case. The first episode will premiere on CBS and the rest of the season will be only available with the CBS All Access streaming package for $6 a month. It'll be completely stand alone and wont tie into the movies either. I'll probably skip this series.
    • By Kite
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwxg534yAw
      Looks very good and high production for a tv series
      Judge Dredd meets iRobot
      Karl Urban + JJ Abrams = awesome
      cant wait
      The show will be predictable, solve murders each week, while the robot teaches the human what it means to be alive
      and how the human grows to trust the robot
      but this is one ill be following
      Also i am glad when film stars do TV shows as the quality is usually higher (24)
      but the worry is they don't like to be tied up for too long due to a film deal that pays way more for a lot less time
    • By Kite
      Looks very good and high production for a tv series
      Judge Dredd meets iRobot
      Karl Urban + JJ Abrams = awesome
      cant wait
      The show will be predictable, solve murders each week, while the robot teaches the human what it means to be alive
      and how the human grows to trust the robot
      but this is one ill be following
      Also i am glad when film stars do TV shows as the quality is usually higher (24)
      but the worry is they don't like to be tied up for too long due to a film deal that pays way more for a lot less time
      Click here to view the article
    • By DeathscytheX
      Is that the USS Excelsior? I guess a Miranda Class ship would make it too obvious jussst in case.... X'D