Sledgstone

J.J. Abrams apologizes for all those Star Trek lens flares

5 posts in this topic

http://io9.com/j-j-abrams-apologizes-for-all-those-star-trek-lens-fla-1429457615

I know I get a lot of grief for that. But I'll tell you, there are times when I'm working on a shot, I think, 'Oh this would be really cool… with a lens flare.' But I know it's too much, and I apologize. I'm so aware of it now. I was showing my wife an early cut of Star Trek Into Darkness and there was this one scene where she was literally like, "I just can't see what's going on. I don't understand what that is." I was like, "Yeah, I went too nuts on this."

This is how stupid it was — I actually had to use ILM [industrial Light & Magic] to remove lens flare in a couple of shots, which is, I know, moronic. But I think admitting you're an addict is the first step towards recovery.

lmao! He finally realizes his obsession with lens flares. XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_252.jpg

Lens flares can be impactful in the right places.  But I get the feeling JJ Abhrams had an overstock of flares and was trying to get rid of them.  XD

Sledgstone likes this

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      This is a pretty pointless first look of the logo of the new series. The thing that caught my eye was at the end were it looks like the show will actually be on CBS and not online streaming only. Turns out thats not the case. The first episode will premiere on CBS and the rest of the season will be only available with the CBS All Access streaming package for $6 a month. It'll be completely stand alone and wont tie into the movies either. I'll probably skip this series.
    • By Kite

Looks very good and high production for a tv series
      Judge Dredd meets iRobot
      Karl Urban + JJ Abrams = awesome
      cant wait
      The show will be predictable, solve murders each week, while the robot teaches the human what it means to be alive
      and how the human grows to trust the robot
      but this is one ill be following
      Also i am glad when film stars do TV shows as the quality is usually higher (24)
      but the worry is they don't like to be tied up for too long due to a film deal that pays way more for a lot less time
      Click here to view the article
    • By Kite
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwxg534yAw
      Looks very good and high production for a tv series
      Judge Dredd meets iRobot
      Karl Urban + JJ Abrams = awesome
      cant wait
      The show will be predictable, solve murders each week, while the robot teaches the human what it means to be alive
      and how the human grows to trust the robot
      but this is one ill be following
      Also i am glad when film stars do TV shows as the quality is usually higher (24)
      but the worry is they don't like to be tied up for too long due to a film deal that pays way more for a lot less time
    • By DeathscytheX

The final Trailer for Star Trek Into Darkness before it releases May 17th... and it leaves some intriguing questions.
      Is that the USS Excelsior? I guess a Miranda Class ship would make it too obvious jussst in case.... X'D

Click here to view the article
    • By DeathscytheX
      Is that the USS Excelsior? I guess a Miranda Class ship would make it too obvious jussst in case.... X'D