Sledgstone

The Evil Within - Trailer

Shinji Mikami, the father of survival horror, is back to direct The Evil Within™ – a game embodying the meaning of pure survival horror. Highly-crafted environments, horrifying anxiety, and an intricate story weave together to create an immersive world that will bring players to the height of tension. The Evil Within is in development for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PC and next generation consoles and is slated for release in 2014.

Intense. I'm looking forward to playing this on PS4.

Source: http://theevilwithin.com/

Click here to view the article

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I'm going to assume its a current gen trailer.. but that brings up an interesting point to me. Out of all the upcoming games slated for release on both old gen and next gen consoles, it makes me wonder how they are being developed. It obviously looks like Battlefield 4 is maxed out for all the newer tech and the old gen systems will be getting a scaled down version.. but games like The Evil Within and Call of Duty Ghosts look like they were designed for old gen consoles and they'll be scaled up for their next gen versions, almost like watching a DVD on an up scaling blu ray player. The end result will look much better, but its not like the game was designed for the newer systems. Out of these cross gen games, I think they'll all look graphically better on the next gen, but aside from graphics, I'm not hearing much in terms of different features available for any of the cross gen games except for BF4's multiplayer.

I have a feeling we won't see the full potential of the new systems for at least a year after their release... and I hope they stop the cross gen releases for major titles rather quickly.. if MS still has publisher sway for releases on Xbox 360, then all games could be getting capped at xbox 360 standards.

It does look pretty suspenseful. A lot of these type of games rely on hampered controls during frantic situations to make the game more terrifying. If done right it works, but more time than not it just makes it annoying. That being said, this guy is a terrible shot. 3rd person shooting with cross hairs isn't as stressful as having to ADS, there isn't much reason not to go for the head shot.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I wonder if this was done on purpose, because it seems 2 shots to the head equals dead. I tend to excel in these 3rd person shooter type games like Spec Ops: The Line, Army of Two, RE5, and going really old school: Syphon Filter. I would say MGS5, but going in guns blazing all the time will kill you because enemies keep pouring in until you hide. :P

If I can blow away everyone, this game's scariness will be nonexistent, By looking at how many rounds he has on hand, it doesn't look like they are going to try to cap your ammo and make you choose your shots wisely. The beginning, when he didn't have a good weapon, I found to be suspenseful, but his clumsy shooting later on just annoyed me. Perhaps the golden age of FPS has ruined us that know how to handle a virtual firearm with deadly expertise. A game like this should be made where you only have blunt objects and blades.

I think the last game with firearms that had me on edge was Left 4 Dead because of the sheer amount of enemies that came at you were overwhelming, then the unfortunate random placing of the witch at times that left you no choice but to try to take her out instead of avoiding her altogether.

I haven't played any of the Left 4 Dead games yet. They look like fun tho.

It does look like the game is going for more suspense.. slow enemies and crappy aiming could frustrate people, but with the correct atmosphere and enemies it'll add that 'oh shit' factor. :D

If you find L4D 1 on the cheap I'd recommend it for playing by yourself. Shit. I'll buy it too and play it with you. I had it for xbox. I stopped playing because I beat it and everyone I knew that had it stopped playing it.

I really want to play this mod XD XD XD