Trigger

Saints Row 4

Saints VS GTA  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think is better?

• Saints Row
    • Grand Theft Auto

Just Started playing Saints Row 4 last week. As always I love it, they really took it overboard this time though. I'm taking my time beating it, doing side missions and getting/upgrading powers etc. Love the whole matrix spin too. Has anyone else played it yet?

Also which do you think is better Saints Row series or Grand Theft Auto series? I'm gonna try and put in a poll, but everything has changed since the last time I was on here.

1963607591_ghost-in-the-shell-2-innocence-402.jpg.69441a3a56e5166390a00ba498f0ed42.jpg

There's no way I can vote & not be completely one sided.

I own Saints Row 1 once (Because its only available on 360 in Double Pack) & found it better than GTA4.

I own Saints Row 2 four times (360 in Double Pack, PS3, PS Plus, PC) One of my favorites though it was the last time I had a male character in Saints Row.

I own Saints Row The Third 4 Times (PS3, PS3 Full Package, PS Plus, PC) & Admired my Russian Accented Cheshire Cat Woman.

I own Saints Row 4 two times so far (PS3 & PC).... It lacks the Female Russian Accent.... Still It has been enjoyable & I'll be beating it again once I own all the DLC.

GTA on the other hand....

I owned then sold my copy of GTA4 for PS3.... Just damn.... This game was boring.... with crappy driving physics.... Too many people calling on the cell phone.... restarting failed missions from the hospital instead of a check point so you would have to go all the way back just to start a mission.... And the worst of all.... Having to kill Mikhail. I found GTA4 so unplayable just thinking about it makes me rather want to play Driv3r.

I now own GTA LCS for PSP through PS Plus, but won't be playing anytime soon.

I don't care for GTA5 but I am Intrigued by GTA Online if it ever comes to PS4 without needing GTA5 to play it.

Also

Just in case someone states we should compare Saints Row 4 to Crackdown instead of GTA, I own & played the first Crackdown (through Xbox Gold) which has been stated to be better than its sequel. And I think Saints Row 4 is better than Crackdown. My thoughts on this are mainly because Crackdown Agents are just muscular dudes killing criminals with no real story or mission set up. Just kill your target & be rewarded with a mission briefing.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I voted for Saints Row.. mostly because I've only played SR3 and enjoyed it. I've only played one game of GTA and I can't remember which one it was at the time and I only played it for about 10 minutes. ^_^;

Aside from the campaigns, do the Saints Row and Grand Theft Auto games play exactly the same? From videos I've seen on youtube they seem very similar in design.

btw:

XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

X'D at that video, really want to know what they used for it.

I voted GTA since I've only had a few minutes of experience with SR3 (until it decided to fuck my graphics card over, haven't played since) and because I'm loving GTA5 (haters gonna hate but I honestly think it's a great game so far). From what I've noticed both games are pretty similar in how they play. The only real difference is SR doesn't take itself seriously and places more emphasis on being over the top and humorous whereas GTA takes everything seriously with very little humor.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Favorite Weapons in

Saints Row 2

The Pimp Cane, because of the Walking & Standing Poses. I have had the habit of standing on vehicles NPCs were driving while using The Pimp Cane.

The Stun Gun, because it didn't need to recharge like it would in later games.

Septic Truck, because it hasn't been 3 or 4 but is still talked about in game. That & I miss the side quests where you had to spray crap onto things.

Saints Row The Third

RC Gun, for robbing people & stores to easily killing Killbane when he escapes.

Shark Gun, because watching *most NPCs get killed by a literal Street Shark was always fun to watch.

Genki Gun, especially when used on *most zombies. It would cause all other nearby zombies to attack the one you shot.

*Most as in they don't work on Brutes.

(Didn't like as much but still worth mentioning)

The Air Strike Gun I think I could use in similar fashion to rob stores.

There was also some sound cannon by STAG.... It would blow people up at close range, but the Apoc-A-Fists do that too.

And finally that briefcase with missile controls.... If only I had bought a suit & tie it would have been funnier to use.

Saints Row 4 (List May Change)

The Abduction Gun for easily getting rid of a super powered Genki.

The Dubstep Gun which I've found helpful when I (currently) don't have Infinite Ammo

The 'Merica Gun will probably be more fun IF I ever get infinite ammo.

The Disintegrator which kinda reminds me of the Tron sequel.

I still haven't gotten all the weapons I've wanted from Saints Row 4 so I can't really comment on them all yet.

Also I like how The Rectifier Probe & Dildo Bat cause Homophobes to try to pretend they're Mature when being against these weapons. Since in reality they're not Mature at all because of their very own fear of Homosexuals.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Whats your favorite weapon you've used in GTA5 so far?

In SR3, I really liked the RPG and the RC Processor (allows you to control any vehicle remotely and explode it on command). ^_^

Haven't gotten to far in the game yet so I don't have access to every weapon but I've been enjoying the Sniper Rifle I just picked up tonight (high powered scope and silencer, makes for a lot of fun) and the grenade launcher I also picked up tonight. I also enjoy the shotgun, makes for a lot of fun when you shooting up gangs. The thing about GTA5 is weapons can finally be modified now so I think I'll enjoy every weapon I get my hands on (not much but you can place silencers, scopes, and extended clips on weapons which make them a lot better then the ones you got in 4).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Well I beat it, I liked it, but it seemed really short. I kinda hope they end it with 4. They've taken it as far as they could without ruining the series. What would be different is if they made an open world game like Saints and GTA, but you get to play as an alien race. I don't think that's been done yet.

1963607591_ghost-in-the-shell-2-innocence-402.jpg.69441a3a56e5166390a00ba498f0ed42.jpg

http://www.ancientclan.com/_/articles/games/saints-row-4-is-the-end-of-the-story-for-the-sa-r228

Yep, its the end of the Saints.. Maybe they'll focus on making a MMO game next.

Any idea how many hours it took you to beat?

After beating Saints Row 4 I have looked back at the statement as a half truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXeYFVp9mrQ

If they continue the story from this point I'd guess they might drop the open world part & aim for something more like Mass Effect.

After playing through most of this I have mixed feeling about the game. My first thought is that it is definitely not worth paying full price and for the season pass, and it is not better than SR3.

For an entire game based off a SR3 DLC, they did a damn amazing job. The story is good, the dialog is hilarious, the tributes/parodies to other games/movies are awesome, and a cameo appearance by a certain someone in one of the two certain movie this game is heavily based off is pure gold.

However, all the side missions are cheap, they just force you to eventually play all the mini games... Its been a long time since Ive played SR3, but i remember the missions being more varied, and the mini games and other activities being completely optional. They merged the hourly income/district control into the mini games making it a little watered down, even though the concept fits the narrative of the world you're in. In theory, before you even start any significant missions, you could complete 70%-90% of the game by doing all the activities available, and just instantly complete missions by speaking to those that offer them. I did a majority of activities before doing the 1st major mission available when you can explore the sandbox, and experienced this very thing multiple times. Vehicles are completely useless once you get your powers, and you get them very fast. You're forced to use them on rare occasions, and their only purpose of their existence is as weapons for some of your powers, or for mayhem mini games.

I doubt my opinion will change much once I've beaten the game, while I've had fun playing it, its not worth what they asked for it.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Again I've never played SR3 or any of the earlier Saints Row games, but I'll take your word for it I guess? I could see how they might decide to allocate their budget to other, possibly more important aspects of the game, haha. Also DX I was meaning to ask after I saw your profile while PMing you, why are you 30 holy shit. For some reason I seem to remember you at some point long ago specifically stating that you were 19, and now I am faced with the fact that that must have happened literally a little over a decade ago.... Whoa.

I was posting on AC before I ever owned my first car... XD I think i started posting on anime forums when I was 15 or 16.

If you ever see SR3 for cheap, I highly recommend it. SR4 is entirely based off a DLC that was suppose to come out for SR3... SR3 is more like GTA but more outlandish and unrealistic... the one thing that was awkward about SR4 is that you couldn't max out your health to infinite like you could in SR3... In a world you were all powerful you couldn't become invincible, but at least you could still max out your guns to have infinite ammo.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!