Sledgstone

Battlefield 4 Weapons Reveal

There is a mysterious assignment on Battlefield 4 called "Phantom Prospect" which leads to speculation about a possible Megalodon easter egg on Paracel Storm. I unlocked this assignment tonight, but I haven't seen any Megalodons or dinosaurs yet. Thanks to jackfrags for this video.

This post has been promoted to an article

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Well I never used it before that match and after the round I checked my stats.. I got 16 hits over the course of the round.. I kept getting constant resupplies too. The only person I killed with it was someone I directly shot. Maybe its good for shooting at helicopters and jeeps. I'll have to try that next because I don't see myself using it compared to something as devastating as C4... Of course once I get EOD Bot unlocked, I'll have that little Wall-E on as one of my gadgets at all time. XD

I remember one time, someone in the center control tower at C killed me, and when he was highlighted as the one that killed me, I saw just an endless amount of airburst fire, while he just stood there reloading his LMG like nothing was going on. lol

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I've done that before.. Shooting the airburst all over the place without getting a kill.. but now I've got the hang of it. I love this gun. Its so much fun to harass people and long distance kill snipers. I got almost 30 kills with it tonight. I'd almost say its overpowered but its drawbacks include low ammo, the very slow resupply rate from ammo packs and the fact that it does basically no damage to all vehicles.. but against infantry, this gun is great at flushing enemies out and getting random kills.

IMAG0591_zps3fe5hlo5.jpg

Yeah... The FAMAS is ridiculous. The Scar has a damage of 40 with a fire rate of 600, The FAMAS has a damage of 30, but its fire rate is 1000. Its VERY unstable because of the muzzle climb and it eats through the mag crazy fast... but seeing as I reload often, the fact that this thing annihilates anyone in front of you in half a second makes it worth it. I already have the grip for it... I unlocked the laser and RDS in this round alone. Once I have a more stable build for it, I'm anxious to see how much more I can dominate with it.

I think the consoles got more nerfs on bf3 because of player count. With less people trying to kill you, you could easily dominate more with certain weapons. I would venture to say that 30% of my deaths come from emptying out my main weapon and pistol only to have a guy spawn on the guy I just killed. I hate when that happens, it's not like I can stab them in the front. -_-;

I'm not seeing what the big fuss is over the campaign being terrible. Its a lot better than 3's... its just frustrating at times.

There is one mission where you are in a tank, enemy tanks bust out of buildings behind you and can kill you while you're focused on AT soldiers or another tank.. so its one of those redundant, die, prepare for where the hidden tanks comes out from, die again and start all over and prepare for the first and second. die again, and start over. eventually you get to a check point where you get one tank and a BTR to try to take out 6-7 other tanks all trying to kill you at once... The game has ammo/equipment change stations ever 10 feet it seems because you never get enough ammo to make it though a mission. It takes way more bullets to kill someone than it does in multiplayer to make matters worse.

Back to the tank mission. I ended up having to damage a tank with my tank, jump out before my tank blew up and finish off the other tank with an rpg. I then had to run back to the ammo station, get more rockets and repeat. It takes 2 tank shells to kill a BTR and 4 for another tank, it takes 4 to kill your tank, sometimes 3. So its impossible to defeat all the armored vehicles with your two, not to mention as soon you try to run for the other one, you're getting lit up by 2 tanks. It was stupid I had to resort to an infinite RPG rocket cheap trick to pass this part of the mission, and RPGs don't act the same, the arc is huge, and i found my rockets going clear over the tanks unless i shot them from point blank.

Outside of this frustrating mission, the story is interesting so far. There are plenty of over the top moments, and more unrealistic unsurvivable falls and crashes than COD could ever dream of. The unlocks for multiplayer make it a desirable play through as well. The M412 Rex is unlocked in the first mission... with a damage of 65 for a pistol. Its worth at least booting up the campaign and playing the first 15.min. :P

The UCAV has been nerfed. I couldn't get it to reload so I looked into it.. looks like its a full 1:30 seconds of sitting on a resupply box to reload it. x_x

New patch changes as of yesterday:

I'll have to check to see if that UCAV actually reloads, maybe I wasn't waiting long enough on it.

I tried to play 3 matches tonight, I quit at the end of every round to get a new server... every one had severe rubber banding issues, and it only happened when I encountered an enemy. The kill trading patch isn't impressing me, its just screwing me up big time by giving me a person running in place that doesnt die, and then I end up in the room I left to get to him, or I'm dead.

It might be my internet as it did cut out on me after I turned off the PS4, I'll try again tomorrow.

Hmm.. It might be your internet. I didn't have any problems yesterday. I was playing from probably 5-10pm with no issues. Next time it happens use speedtest.net and check your ping. If you ping is ridiculously high then its your internet. My average ping is around 21 to 25.

That UCAV assignment was probably one of the most annoying assignments ever. Getting 5 kills with a jet in one match is almost impossible for the average jet user. I had to switch my jet controls back to veteran buttons so I could control my turns faster. I thought I was decent at jets because I was able to unlock all jet bonuses before air superiority was even released. But dogfighting always annoyed me in BF3 and now again in BF4. The other team almost always has that one expert guy that instantly gets behind me to destroy me and we end up doing this constant cycle of looping in random turns to get behind each other until someone screws up. It gets so damn repetitive. -_-;

Air Superiority matches need to be 500% tickets, because I've never been in a match that lasts longer than 5 minutes. I got my ribbons by getting on some conquest matches that had commanders in them. Commanders can spawn gun ships.. and those usually have 3 people in them. Don't bother with stealth jets and heat seekers. Use the slower fighter jets, their cannons are beasts. Two passes on a gunship and they're destroyed. I took down a couple and got my first ribbon. After that I couldn't find another match where I could destroy another gun ship... so I went after attack boats. One pass can kill an attack boat with those attack jets. Drop a couple of those guided missiles at them and unload the cannon. 2-3 kills for each boat. This is good to know because when I'm in an attack boat again, I'll keep my eye out for those jets. Stealth jet cannons only harass attack boats tho.. unless the later upgraded cannons do significantly more damage. Oh.. and once the storm starts up on Paracel storm, those high waves really save attack boats. My guided missiles kept hitting the waves and kept detonating prematurely.

Also, I'm not even going to bother attacking helicopters while in jets anymore. Even with the more powerful cannon of the attack jet that can destroy an attack boat in a single pass.. helicopters can just take the damage and keep going. I can shoot the crap out of either helicopters and not kill them. wtf.. I've gotten as much as 80% damage to some, make another pass, do another 50 damage and they are still in the air regardless of someone repair torching. The maintenance on those helicopters and the weaker damage the jets cannons do to helis make them hard to take down. That and they are smaller targets to hit. Heat seekers are pointless too. They take forever to reload and never do more than 40 damage. They're only good for getting points for the jet, but not for kills unless something is already disabled or you're shooting them at a gunship. I spent probably 4-5 hours in matches yesterday just trying to get my last 2 jet fighter ribbons. Jets take so long to respawn its annoying.. Probably 2 minutes or more of sitting in the spawn menu.

btw, did you see that server queues are back? Now I can join on a friend if the server is full and actually get in once someone quits or gets booted.

Edited by Sledgstone
*fixes*

Nope, its the game. Second night in a row. I have the same 45 ping i always have on speed test when the game worked correctly. Im getting 85% signal strength, 17.1mbps per the PS4 net connection test. Thats only 3 mbps slower than what my computer is getting.. its worse tonight. Im just getting booted from matches as soon as I see someone. I'm lucky to get a kill or two from medium to long range, but as soon as I get close to someone, I get booted. I can't even play domination.

Im pretty fucking pissed right now. the game was running just fine for me prepatch and now is just fucking broken and unplayable.

I'm glad we were able to get into some rounds yesterday. Hopefully it'll keep working good tomorrow.

That bomber seems pretty weak. I've only gotten hit markers with it and when we had all those explosions going off all around us in that one round, I'm pretty certain it was the bomber.. with all that noise and sh*t blowing up, we took no damage. Those are some weak ass bombs. -_-;

And this is why the UCAV was nerfed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m3Y93qRywE

Imagine being on the receiving end of a never ending surge of missiles.. and then imagine if 6 or more people were all doing it at once. O_O

I can see now why it was nerfed.. I didn't unlock it until after it was nerfed, but with how it is now with only one use and a minimum 90 second resupply, I don't see how you could kill a tank with it now. It takes 2 hits to kill a tank, by the time it resupplies the tanks health would be restored to 100%.

I think I figured out how to save a video off facebook and then upload it to youtube for posting. Rather annoying that the PS4's share option doesn't include youtube yet.. but oh well.. Here is a video of my first helicopter kill with the UCAV:

XD

*edit*

and heres my C4 triple kill!